Page 603 of 901 FirstFirst ... 103503553593601602603604605613653703 ... LastLast
Results 6,021 to 6,030 of 9004

Thread: Funny CW moments page 603

AyaPapaya is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Crystal W. - My mother does things like that. Drives me CRAZY!

I went to visit my parents yesterday. My mom made these cute tiny sandwiches for my dad and I. She knows I don't eat bread. So, she brings out the dish. I told her "Thank you but I don't eat bread." to which she replies "But it's 5-grain." *forehead slap* Then she gets mad when I turn it down still. She's always doing stuff like that. I guess she doesn't think I'm serious when I say "I don't eat ________."
    I have this same situation constantly at my in-laws.

They all say: ooooh let's get pizza for dinner!
    I say: that's fine - I'll just make a salad for myself.
    They say: how about we get thin crust? Then you can eat it, right?
    I say: Whaaaa?!
    "Imagine all the people, living life in peace..."

"Nothing will work unless you do."

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Woman in the check out ahead of me... Piles of bread, pastries, wheat wraps, several cakes, toaster poptart thingies, sausage rolls, english muffins, butteries.... & 1 pack of gluten free sausages
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    Woman in the check out ahead of me... Piles of bread, pastries, wheat wraps, several cakes, toaster poptart thingies, sausage rolls, english muffins, butteries.... & 1 pack of gluten free sausages
    My sister's family eats like that, although not nearly as bad. I have an autistic nephew so he gets the gluten free garbage and everybody else gets the regular garbage. I'd love to see them go Paleo, but I don't think it's ever going to happen.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

Kata is offline Senior Member
    I babysit a lot, and most parents are sweet enough to either let me raid their fridge while I'm there, or even buy stuff for me to eat. Thing is, it's almost always pizza. I guess that's what college kids are supposed to eat. I finally spoke up to one mom about my lactose intolerance and gluten sensitivity. I thanked her for the thought and said I'd probably just bring my own food for extended nanny stays since I can't have dairy or wheat and I don't want her to go out of her way to buy me food. Her response: "so what CAN you eat??" I told her meat, veggies, fruit, etc, and she looked at me with such pity, it almost made me laugh. She really felt sorry for me. (I had about 7 bacon-wrapped scallops in butter, and roasted root vegetables for dinner that night. Super pitiful, I know.) It was like that scene in "This Is 40" where the Ayurveda pediatrician tells them their daughter shouldn't eat wheat or dairy, and Paul Rudd is like, "what else is there? Everything is wheat and dairy!"

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    had to LOL at this and share with my mom!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Him
    Him is offline Senior Member
    Not to be too straightforward, but... Since companies have started slapping "gluten free" on products that have never had gluten to cash in on suck...I mean, to benefit from the buzz surrounding gluten-free diets right now, the presence of "gluten free" sausage in a persons cart probably says more about the sausage maker than the shopper. Now if it was gluten free bread that would be funny.

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Him View Post
    Not to be too straightforward, but... Since companies have started slapping "gluten free" on products that have never had gluten to cash in on suck...I mean, to benefit from the buzz surrounding gluten-free diets right now, the presence of "gluten free" sausage in a persons cart probably says more about the sausage maker than the shopper. Now if it was gluten free bread that would be funny.
    Gluten free sausages arnt the norm here, they put wheat rusk in all the sausages as standard... Exspecially the cheap"guess the pig parts" sausage
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

(I explain that I am steadily losing 2 lbs a week)
    Friend: "Reducing carbs and stuff works, but you'll gain it all back when you go back to eating normally."
    Me: "That's true of any diet, though -- even WW. If you go back to eating what you ate before, you'll gain weight."
    Friend (shocked): "So you're going to do this forever?!"

I've been eating bacon and eggs for lunch every day, mind you. Yeah, I'm really suffering.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Dudes had a houseparty yesterday. Good times. A bit of a cheat with some "battery-acid" quality cider. I didn't go for the cake, pizza or other junk food, and people didn't push any on me as it's generally accepted that "stabbing feelings in the gut" are NOT worth it for anyone's cake, no matter how "yummy" it is.

There WAS, however, some creme-fraiche. Everyone had some cake, some wine/cider/brandy... Despite there being over 9 people there at that point, only 100g of creme-fraiche had gone. I asked if I could have some. Owner said yea. Being tipsy, I proceeded to eat out the tub. Friend complained about germs, so I said I'd keep it for myself and pay her back. Apparently, everyone else thought it was "gross" that I'd eat it plain anyways. The stuff's damn delicious, in my mind. And all the females looked at me like I was about to suddenly grow fat before their eyes. To note: despite my muscle and everyone else's general lack thereof, I STILL had the smallest waist in the room and the only people with more muscled arms than me were my boyfriend and three of the other males.
    People should get used to eating cream out the tub, in my opinion. Om, nom, nom.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    Dudes had a houseparty yesterday. Good times. A bit of a cheat with some "battery-acid" quality cider. I didn't go for the cake, pizza or other junk food, and people didn't push any on me as it's generally accepted that "stabbing feelings in the gut" are NOT worth it for anyone's cake, no matter how "yummy" it is.

There WAS, however, some creme-fraiche. Everyone had some cake, some wine/cider/brandy... Despite there being over 9 people there at that point, only 100g of creme-fraiche had gone. I asked if I could have some. Owner said yea. Being tipsy, I proceeded to eat out the tub. Friend complained about germs, so I said I'd keep it for myself and pay her back. Apparently, everyone else thought it was "gross" that I'd eat it plain anyways. The stuff's damn delicious, in my mind. And all the females looked at me like I was about to suddenly grow fat before their eyes. To note: despite my muscle and everyone else's general lack thereof, I STILL had the smallest waist in the room and the only people with more muscled arms than me were my boyfriend and three of the other males.
    People should get used to eating cream out the tub, in my opinion. Om, nom, nom.
    Ha ha love it. i had a dessert 'forced' on me last night (my nan ordered a dessert not knowing she would have a special 85th birthday dessert from the restaurant), anyway once i was done i just poured out the rest of the cream jug into my bowl and finished it in front of everyone. I bet i weighed the least out of the 8 people there