Page 602 of 901 FirstFirst ... 102502552592600601602603604612652702 ... LastLast
Results 6,011 to 6,020 of 9004

Thread: Funny CW moments page 602

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickBris View Post
    I was at a wedding last month and at my table were two young (reasonably attractive) women. As each course arrived at the table they each took a photo of each other eating the meal, then spat out each mouthfull - their answer "oh we dont want to get fat, but we can at least post the picture to Facebook to make our friends jealous we are thin even though we eat this stuff!"........then they proceeded to order a bottle of wine each, 2 bourbon and cokes, a tequila! Yep no that meal was what would have made you fat darling!
    We should make a party game out of this story: how many seriously wrong things can you find therein? A shot of tequila for each one!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    No calories in alcohol, though.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    ...if you feel like screaming "Don't do it!!!!" to the guy asking you about doing DDP Yoga AND P90x together. Now, don't get me wrong. DDPY on its own is awesome, and a good workout.

However, P90x is freaking masochistic by itself. To combine it with more calisthenics/cardio is just insane to me.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    while scrambling 3 eggs (with whole milk and double cream) and frying 3 rashers of bacon and a whole red pepper for tomorrows breakfast, my ex-wife said 'but won't that really fill you up?'
    me: erm... isn't that the point of eating???

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickBris View Post
    I was at a wedding last month and at my table were two young (reasonably attractive) women. As each course arrived at the table they each took a photo of each other eating the meal, then spat out each mouthfull - their answer "oh we dont want to get fat, but we can at least post the picture to Facebook to make our friends jealous we are thin even though we eat this stuff!"........then they proceeded to order a bottle of wine each, 2 bourbon and cokes, a tequila! Yep no that meal was what would have made you fat darling!

I got no problem if a couple of silly girls want to act like idiots - but seriously why let them give you a plate of food, what a waste!

EDIT > Just to allay any fears - I practically licked my plates clean after each course, they were not 100% primal but close enough to make me love every bite. And I allowed myself the wedding cake as my treat (along with the Candy Buffet they had for guests). I was comfortable enough to know that 1 bad night wouldn't kill my weight loss.
    OMG, reminds me of a wedding I went to a few years back where the bride and groom were Usana people (for those of you who don't know: Usana is a pyramid selling scheme of 'natural supplements' which they describe as 'a natural lifestyle') so many of their guests were also Usana people. The husband and I sat at a table with two Usana ladies who ate nothing, drank water and popped pills all night. They literally filled a dinner plate with pretty capsules that they counted as a meal. Meanwhile I thoroughly enjoyed the simple pleasure of eating..........

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    No calories in alcohol, though.

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    However, P90x is freaking masochistic by itself. To combine it with more calisthenics/cardio is just insane to me.
    Huh. I really enjoy doing P90X and don't find it masochistic at all. I end up having more energy and on the weekends add long hikes or go backcountry snowmobiling and P90X just seems to make all my other activities that much easier.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    Huh. I really enjoy doing P90X and don't find it masochistic at all. I end up having more energy and on the weekends add long hikes or go backcountry snowmobiling and P90X just seems to make all my other activities that much easier.
    OK, for someone who isn't already in pretty good shape, it's masochistic. That's the only exercise I've done that almost immediately made my joints start hurting and suck the energy out of me.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    OK, for someone who isn't already in pretty good shape, it's masochistic. That's the only exercise I've done that almost immediately made my joints start hurting and suck the energy out of me.
    That was nice of you- did you see my picture and my stats? I'm fat.

I know what you mean, though. P90X is not for everyone. The one that did me in was Insanity- I ended up with all kinds of problems with my knees after doing several weeks of Insanity. It was just too high impact. P90X seems to be compatible with my body type, though.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member