Page 601 of 873 FirstFirst ... 101501551591599600601602603611651701 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,010 of 8727

Thread: Funny CW moments page 601

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    Wait why are you blocked from the website? Is it a work-restricted thing or is the website not loading for you properly or something?
    Work restricts blog content. And a plethora of other stuff

That's what banks do.

chumbert is offline Member
    It makes me sad that people are trying hard to do the right thing but failing because they have the wrong information.
    Without question, bacon is the most interesting meat in the world, and if it were capable of original thought, we wouldn't even be having an election this November in America. We would simply appoint bacon as our forever leader and live dutifully under its rule.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Watched two bloated-looking dudes at the gym load up a lot of weight on bench and then spot each other as they lowered it literally 1/3 of the way towards their chest a few times, then high-five and "Wooo!" about how much weight that was.

I put the same amount of weight on the bench next to them, pulled my feet up onto the bench, and repped out 5 sets of 5 with strict form all the way down to my chest each time. Then made it a point to watch them and shake my head as I walked away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I put the same amount of weight on the bench next to them, pulled my feet up onto the bench, and repped out 5 sets of 5 with strict form all the way down to my chest each time. Then made it a point to watch them and shake my head as I walked away.
    Is that stable form?

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Is that stable form?
    I prefer keeping my feet on the bench because it pushes my lower back into contact with the bench more solidly--no arching my hips up if the weight is heavy. I feel like it helps to keep my form very strict and stable. Watch at the gym how many people arch their backs off the bench while lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I prefer keeping my feet on the bench because it pushes my lower back into contact with the bench more solidly--no arching my hips up if the weight is heavy. I feel like it helps to keep my form very strict and stable. Watch at the gym how many people arch their backs off the bench while lifting.
    I was under the impression that you were supposed to arch your back. How else do you keep your shoulders stable, into the bench?

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    keep them pressed against the bench? raised shoulders isn't something i've ever heard being a problem with bench presses
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    keep them pressed against the bench? raised shoulders isn't something i've ever heard being a problem with bench presses
    like the sides of your shoulders. Like trying to keep shoulder blades more bent.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    like the sides of your shoulders. Like trying to keep shoulder blades more bent.
    CrossFit - "Proper Bench Technique" with Shane Sweatt and Laura Phelps-Sweatt - YouTube

MaverickBris is offline Junior Member
    I was at a wedding last month and at my table were two young (reasonably attractive) women. As each course arrived at the table they each took a photo of each other eating the meal, then spat out each mouthfull - their answer "oh we dont want to get fat, but we can at least post the picture to Facebook to make our friends jealous we are thin even though we eat this stuff!"........then they proceeded to order a bottle of wine each, 2 bourbon and cokes, a tequila! Yep no that meal was what would have made you fat darling!

I got no problem if a couple of silly girls want to act like idiots - but seriously why let them give you a plate of food, what a waste!

EDIT > Just to allay any fears - I practically licked my plates clean after each course, they were not 100% primal but close enough to make me love every bite. And I allowed myself the wedding cake as my treat (along with the Candy Buffet they had for guests). I was comfortable enough to know that 1 bad night wouldn't kill my weight loss.
    Last edited by MaverickBris; 01-30-2013 at 11:01 PM.
    Starting Weight (11 August 2012) - 117.8 kgs (259lbs)
    Current Weight - 94.4kgs (207lbs) (as at 14/01/2013) -23.4kgs (51lbs) lost to date.
    Goal Weight - 90kgs (198lbs)

"Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but doesn't get you anywhere" - Van Wilder