Page 599 of 869 FirstFirst ... 99499549589597598599600601609649699 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 8685

Thread: Funny CW moments page 599

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Oh man, that reminds me of that gif on the "what we should call paleo" tumblr with Atkins. I'd link you to it, but I am currently blocked from that website
    What Should We Call Paleo Life | When I meet someone doing Atkins
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    My Sister just PM'd me on Fb with this panicky idea that being on the paleo diet will leach the calcium out of my bones and I could have osteoporosis even now. She capitalized the phrase " YOU HAVE TO GET A BONE DENSITY TEST NOW!!!!!! Apparently meat eating leaches Calcium and flushes out my bum and eating veggies leaches calcium and I pee it out. sigh......

It is all over the net, Google says so she said. I am just looking out for you she said...

If meat and veggies both leech calcium how do you think ancient man got his calcium I says. They had to take supplements she says .

My sister is proof that knowledge is dangerous and a little knowledge is even worse.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

ChaserBD04 is offline Senior Member
    An hour ago at the market overheard a lady on her phone while I putting together a salad at the salad bar next to her: "Okay I'm getting that now... wait is couscous a pasta or a grain?"
    ~All luck is earned in the end.~

vtphoenix is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    My Sister just PM'd me on Fb with this panicky idea that being on the paleo diet will leach the calcium out of my bones and I could have osteoporosis even now. She capitalized the phrase " YOU HAVE TO GET A BONE DENSITY TEST NOW!!!!!! Apparently meat eating leaches Calcium and flushes out my bum and eating veggies leaches calcium and I pee it out. sigh......

It is all over the net, Google says so she said. I am just looking out for you she said...

If meat and veggies both leech calcium how do you think ancient man got his calcium I says. They had to take supplements she says .

My sister is proof that knowledge is dangerous and a little knowledge is even worse.
    I remember having this exact conversation with my SO and one of her friends. They were talking about how eating a lot of meat (or animal protein) is shown to leech calcium from bones, particularly in women, and particularly in women past menopause. The thing is, they got it from some vegetarian book, without even looking at the science/study behind it. The best part is when they know it's a "vegetarian book and is biased" yet still quote it and use it as a reason to not eat meat. I asked them if they looked up the studies the book pulls from to see what is ACTUALLY being shown by the study and the answer is 'No.'

It always amazes me that people will take the bias over the truth so that they don't have to change a thing, or that they feel better about their choices.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Oh man, that reminds me of that gif on the "what we should call paleo" tumblr with Atkins. I'd link you to it, but I am currently blocked from that website
    Wait why are you blocked from the website? Is it a work-restricted thing or is the website not loading for you properly or something?
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    Wait why are you blocked from the website? Is it a work-restricted thing or is the website not loading for you properly or something?
    my worked blocked it too
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Okay I just have to know: Did she really say they took supplements???????

Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post

You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Yep she did and in all seriousness. My sister is one of those idiots that knew everything she needed to know by age 14 and nothing shall be thought of after that. She also will look for that thing you get the most pleasure or pride out of and try to take it from you.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Just wanted to say that thanks to this thread, I am reading way too much What Should We Call Paleo Life... Sooo true.