Page 597 of 840 FirstFirst ... 97497547587595596597598599607647697 ... LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,970 of 8395

Thread: Funny CW moments page 597

BoldAsLove is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Signed in just to post this. Friend on facebook posted a picture of some disgusting looking - THING. And wrote: Healthy sunday! Who said it wasn't possible? Yum - Fat free cool whip, vanilla pudding, a Weight Watcher's "Bday" mini bar, topped off with a graham cracker!

Face-Palm.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    I was at a party this weekend with a bunch of young mothers who were talking about dietary necessities while pregnant and nursing. They were stressing the importance of getting enough protein, which I quietly approved of, but then one woman was like, "I was thrilled when I realized I could have ICE CREAM for my protein!" At first I laughed like she was kidding or exaggerating, but then she continued, "Yeah when I was pregnant I went to McDonalds for shakes or sundaes, like, all the time!"

Wut.
    Last edited by Corvidae; 01-23-2013 at 10:00 AM. Reason: typo
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    THIIIIIIIIIIIIIS. Urg.
    There's a bit of a growing backlash against this- sites like The Art of Manliness are trying to bring back the concept of strong, competent, responsible men who are not stuck in perpetual adolescence. The image of men who are incompetent at household chores, child-rearing, and relationships is widespread throughout TV, movies, and advertising.

*Edit: Many stereotypes exist because they have some basis of truth, however perpetuating a stereotype can lead people into believing it, which reinforces that stereotype among even more people.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    There's a bit of a growing backlash against this- sites like The Art of Manliness are trying to bring back the concept of strong, competent, responsible men who are not stuck in perpetual adolescence. The image of men who are incompetent at household chores, child-rearing, and relationships is widespread throughout TV, movies, and advertising.

*Edit: Many stereotypes exist because they have some basis of truth, however perpetuating a stereotype can lead people into believing it, which reinforces that stereotype among even more people.
    I'm female, and I love that site. I have them in my blog reader. They're currently in the middle of an interesting series on testosterone.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    I had another funny (more like sad) cw moment today in the grocery store. I walked into the store behind a mother and her son who looked to be about 3. The little boy immediately pointed out the soda pop display set up right in front of the entrance and said "mommy buy me soda!" The mother said "no, you don't need soda sweetie." I silently applauded her. I was still in ear shot as she then passed by the produce section and her little boy said "mommy I want apples!" My heart sank when she said "no, you don't need apples today honey."

The kicker was when I also saw them again in the check out line and noticed the 90 calorie Fiber One brownies, Gushers, frozen waffles and "just add water!" muffin mix in her cart. Really, you couldn't get the kid an apple?!

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I love this site! Thanks for sharing. I think I am going to put it on Facebook

There is a new country song out about a man who is killed by his wife and mistress. I was listening to it (and admittedly enjoying it) today and thought there was no way a song in the reverse would be written. The man/woman relationship is so confused and divisive, why add more to it?

Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post

You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    sigh....I can't imagine telling a child they don't need an apple

Quote Originally Posted by Zeera View Post
    I had another funny (more like sad) cw moment today in the grocery store. I walked into the store behind a mother and her son who looked to be about 3. The little boy immediately pointed out the soda pop display set up right in front of the entrance and said "mommy buy me soda!" The mother said "no, you don't need soda sweetie." I silently applauded her. I was still in ear shot as she then passed by the produce section and her little boy said "mommy I want apples!" My heart sank when she said "no, you don't need apples today honey."

The kicker was when I also saw them again in the check out line and noticed the 90 calorie Fiber One brownies, Gushers, frozen waffles and "just add water!" muffin mix in her cart. Really, you couldn't get the kid an apple?!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    but that cart load looks perfectly fine! apples are too high in sugar anyway
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Another classic from my diabetic facebook friend I quoted about previously.

"Checked my sugars before dinner and was over the moon to see it down to 6.8, with 6.5 being the target, a big drop from 19! Went to McDonalds to celebrate."

She's put in some good work getting her sugar levels down, but for the love of God!?
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Lilith is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I've only just joined and edging my way into the paleo lifestyle. However, this thread reminded me of something I heard at the gym the other day. There were three women in the changing room talking about the hour+ they had done in the gym within a class and then on the cross-trainers.

Me on the other hand, was pretty much 'done' from half an hour lifting heavy weights. I know which one I'd rather be doing
    Lilith

'Be yourself, everyone else is taken' - Oscar Wilde