Page 596 of 871 FirstFirst ... 96496546586594595596597598606646696 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,960 of 8704

Thread: Funny CW moments page 596

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The other day I watched a pair of apparently healthy looking little girls obviously coming from a dance class, approximately 6 and 7 years old, request "lite" vanilla ice cream.
    Their brother's wanted some regular fat flavor with stuff in it.
    The mother purchased separate containers for the boys and girls. Lite for girls, regular for boys... the girls were praised.

*sigh*

I made a comment on how sad that was and my husband said "Well, they don't really know the difference. "
    I said, "No, they DO, that is the problem..."
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-20-2013 at 03:53 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Cori that is just sad. I hate to think of girls that young doing that, and the mother letting them! That should have been a "teachable" moment where the necessity of fat was explained. Kids need fat for brain development.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Cori that is just sad. I hate to think of girls that young doing that, and the mother letting them! That should have been a "teachable" moment where the necessity of fat was explained. Kids need fat for brain development.
    Most parents are programmed (just like we were) to behave like fat is the devil. Unfortunately they are not aware and lack the inspiration to actually find out the truth.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Im more irritated by the double-standards for the two genders of the kids. I mean, 99% chance the parents believe that fat is fattening, so by encouraging their daughters to get the "non-fattening" food and letting the boys get the "fattening" stuff, theyre basically reinforcing BS gender-biased cultural body messages that women need to always be skinny and always micromanage their food to be so, etc etc etc.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Im more irritated by the double-standards for the two genders of the kids. I mean, 99% chance the parents believe that fat is fattening, so by encouraging their daughters to get the "non-fattening" food and letting the boys get the "fattening" stuff, theyre basically reinforcing BS gender-biased cultural body messages that women need to always be skinny and always micromanage their food to be so, etc etc etc.
    Yup.... it's pretty obvious here that men overeat because they are hungry or clueless. I don't think I ever saw a man post "guilt" over an inability to not give up on fruit, or talking about how they deal with a bad day with sugar. Women end up with this whole burden of "she who can follow the hardest diet and make the most dietary sacrifices wins". What you eat (or don't) somehow defines part of your worth. Those girls are being indoctrinated into the world of an inability to enjoy food. Very sad.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

zinnia is offline Member
    Overheard at the grocery store yesterday:

"Can I get him some ice cream?"
    "No, why don't you get him something nutritious?"
    "What?"
    "Nutritious. You know, like a big bag of cereal or something."

Cringe. It makes me sad that people are trying hard to do the right thing but failing because they have the wrong information.

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    100% agree. That story is frustrating on so many levels!
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    +100000. There seems to be an underlying belief that males just can't be responsible anyway so let them do what they want. Women shoulder all the blame. Ugghhhhhhhhh....drives me nuts.

You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    +100000. There seems to be an underlying belief that males just can't be responsible anyway so let them do what they want. Women shoulder all the blame. Ugghhhhhhhhh....drives me nuts.
    THIIIIIIIIIIIIIS. Urg.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I couldn't agree more! When you see this happening with young girls today you realize it's going to be a long time before (if ever) anything changes. All we can do is for those of us who have contact with is girls is to show them another way.