Page 595 of 872 FirstFirst ... 95495545585593594595596597605645695 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,950 of 8716

Thread: Funny CW moments page 595

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by vtphoenix View Post
    Stabbing something is just soooo much easier.
    F that. I hate using forks; those suckers make eating a lot harder. I'd rather choose to pick up my 12oz steak with chopsticks or using my hands. And don't get me started on how hard it is to pick up stuff with a fork when there are tiny pieces of stuff or things that go flat, like salad leaves. How the heck do you pick up small leftover items on your plate too?

I use my knife to push the smaller bits onto my fork. I've never managed to get chopsticks coordinated enough to eat with. If I have chopsticks and no fork, I just stare sadly at my plate until someone takes pity on me and gives me a fork.
    Height: 5'7"
    SW: 178.0 (1/1/2013)
    CW: 163.2
    GW: I'll know when I get there!

My Primal Journal

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpeppersauce View Post
    I use my knife to push the smaller bits onto my fork. I've never managed to get chopsticks coordinated enough to eat with. If I have chopsticks and no fork, I just stare sadly at my plate until someone takes pity on me and gives me a fork.
    Whatever happened to the finger-food rule? If people don't provide suitable cultery, ANYTHING becomes finger-food. No spoon for soup? Sip out the bowl. No fork for rice? Take pinchfuls. Can't use chopsticks on sushi? Finger-and-thumb. No knife for steak? Picking it up and biting it carefully is actually MUCH tidier than stabbing it with a fork and raising it to your mouth.

I'm terrible.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    Whatever happened to the finger-food rule? If people don't provide suitable cultery, ANYTHING becomes finger-food. No spoon for soup? Sip out the bowl. No fork for rice? Take pinchfuls. Can't use chopsticks on sushi? Finger-and-thumb. No knife for steak? Picking it up and biting it carefully is actually MUCH tidier than stabbing it with a fork and raising it to your mouth.

I'm terrible.
    <3

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Monster noises while eating meat off the bone is mandatory too.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Monster noises while eating meat off the bone is mandatory too.
    Rawr! *holding bone between my teeth and knawing on it, hands-free to pick up the second pork chop* Grrrrrrrrrr...

--
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Is this a CW moment? Hard to know what to call it. My 91-year old friend (diabetic, high cholesterol, never had a heart attack or angina) is on a statin, and just received a warm invitation in the mail to join a medical trial for a new cholesterol-lowering drug. No, she wasn't interested. But seriously, do they regularly invite people her age to join drug trials??

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I had someone at the grocery store offer me the Sunday paper for the coupons, for a delivery fee. I told them "unless coupons for fresh meat and veggies start getting coupons, I don't use coupons. Matter of fact, I don't read the paper. I get my news online and check my circulars at store websites." The guy looked gobsmacked.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    My supervisor who is a breast cancer survivor watched me warm up my lunch in a plastic container one day. She told me she had read a book about beating cancer and one of the recommendations was to avoid heating in plastic containers because they get slices and leak the chemicals in your food. I know this and was a little embarrassed at having done so, which I said to her. But then I looked at the weight watchers microwave meal she was eating all warmed up in its nice little black plastic container. I couldn't help but ask about that. "Oh it is fine. These don't have holes or rips in them.", she says. Never mind all the chemicals that are in the food itself! Facepalm.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I had someone at the grocery store offer me the Sunday paper for the coupons, for a delivery fee. I told them "unless coupons for fresh meat and veggies start getting coupons, I don't use coupons. Matter of fact, I don't read the paper. I get my news online and check my circulars at store websites." The guy looked gobsmacked.
    i essentially said the same thing a decade ago... your guy has no excuse
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com