Page 594 of 872 FirstFirst ... 94494544584592593594595596604644694 ... LastLast
Results 5,931 to 5,940 of 8718

Thread: Funny CW moments page 594

sires6 is offline Senior Member

Oh yeah....

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Mama Grok, you are spot on. You can't just eat less.
    I could NEVER "just eat less" when grains and sugar were part of my diet, no matter how hard I tried.
    This "Aspire Assist" thing makes me think of history. We visited Pompeii a few years ago and they had vomitoriums. They would gorge and gorge and gorge and vomit it up so they could do it again later.

We have seen the enemy and he is us.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

seashells is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I'll have to finish this thread later... I can't stop watching the gifs!

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Not to bring the tone down but my father may very well lose his foot following shit advice like that. I will be glad to contribute to the conversation

Quote Originally Posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
    Ongoing conversation on my facebook between a friend and her friends.

Anybody give me suggestions for low/carb/low fat meals please.

Response 1: Stir fry's are low fat an dlow carb. BUng in some Chinese noodles (this is me laughing now) to bulk it up and the blue dragon sauces are all low.

Response 2 (me): Good fat won't harm you at all.

Response 3: You need to be carefula bout taking carbs out of your diet cause it will effect your diabetes. I strongly suggest you take a more professional approach and guidance to a diet.

Response 4: Lettuce, lettuce and more lettuce. I'm back on my losing weight programme which consists of being miserable and eating rabbit food. Though I do feel better after losing it.

Sooooo, who wants to go first?
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

cypselos is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sires6 View Post
    This "Aspire Assist" thing makes me think of history. We visited Pompeii a few years ago and they had vomitoriums. They would gorge and gorge and gorge and vomit it up so they could do it again later.

We have seen the enemy and he is us.
    In fairness to the Romans, who weren't above an emetic purge, the vomitorium thing is a myth. Vomitoria did exist, but it's a word for the exits from a stadium or theater, ejecting the crowds onto the street. The idea that they had special room s for the purpose of throwing up is nonsense.

What Roman recipes we have often aren't actually too bad - obviously no sugar, little flour. They can be a bit fond of chickpeas so skip those ones. Substitute Thai fish sauce for the liquamen.

Antique Roman Dishes - Collection

Roman recipes from Apicius

Quote Originally Posted by cypselos View Post
    In fairness to the Romans, who weren't above an emetic purge, the vomitorium thing is a myth. Vomitoria did exist, but it's a word for the exits from a stadium or theater, ejecting the crowds onto the street. The idea that they had special room s for the purpose of throwing up is nonsense.

What Roman recipes we have often aren't actually too bad - obviously no sugar, little flour. They can be a bit fond of chickpeas so skip those ones. Substitute Thai fish sauce for the liquamen.

Antique Roman Dishes - Collection

Roman recipes from Apicius
    Not called a vomitorium, my mistake. They however did have rooms with the "accoutrement" in place, basins, wash areas, next to the dining area, separate from the bath. You are correct about the definition of vomitoriums, but I was correct about the usages.

As seen in Pompeii...

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    mmm....would love to have both recipes!
    Me too!!! I love to experiment the Paleo/Primal way!

Annie Sires

Pope John Paul II

cypselos is offline Junior Member
    Suppose you can't blame the guides at Pompeii for adding a bit of colour to the tour. It's still made up.

Karock is offline Member
    From my office cafeteria menu for the day:

Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche
    With a Side
    Made With Cholesterol Free Eggs
    $4.75

WTF are cholesterol free eggs? Ugg.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karock View Post
    Not real eggs.

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karock View Post
    From my office cafeteria menu for the day:

Egg whites colored with yellow dye? Sounds yuummmlllyyyyy........