Page 593 of 880 FirstFirst ... 93493543583591592593594595603643693 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,930 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 593

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    noticed that she was getting her 2nd English Muffin from the toaster. Two entire english muffins. with some sort of fake spread.
    I used to eat English Muffins. With fake butter and if she had the light ones, that's probably a 250 or so calorie breakfast. The regular ones, maybe 360 calories. Of course she could have had 3 eggs scrambled with some veggies in 1/2 T of real butter for about 50 more calories than two light muffins and been full til lunch.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    I wish this was a joke.

Device that pumps your food out of your stomach. Seriously, people are starving in the world and some scientists invent something to pour partially digested food out of your stomach into the toilet out of a new hole in your stomach.

Device That Pumps Food Straight Out Of Your Stomach Invented
    This makes me want to cry. Or scream.
    Last edited by yodiewan; 01-10-2013 at 10:26 AM.

QueenOfTheDwarrows is offline Junior Member
    I wish this was a joke.

Device that pumps your food out of your stomach. Seriously, people are starving in the world and some scientists invent something to pour partially digested food out of your stomach into the toilet out of a new hole in your stomach.

This is completely unbelievable. The video is nauseating.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I wish this was a joke.

This is one of those things that just baffles me. It's like having bariatric surgery. You have a potentially life threatening surgery done...to make you eat less? Why not just...eat less???? I really, really, really don't understand this. I would see a device like this as only encouraging things like bulemia.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    This is one of those things that just baffles me. It's like having bariatric surgery. You have a potentially life threatening surgery done...to make you eat less? Why not just...eat less???? I really, really, really don't understand this. I would see a device like this as only encouraging things like bulemia.
    That was one of the first things I thought of too, that this device could certainly encourage eating disorders. Instead of treating the underlying issues in an ED such as bulimia and helping people overcome binging/purging tendencies, we are now just essentially encouraging binging and purging behaviors with a medical stamp of approval.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    You can't just eat less, because you have irrational physical urges to eat and eat and eat. It's a sign of a nutritional deficiency and physiological balance, but docs tell you it's all psychological and just to "buck up" and eat less. Having battled binge eating disorder for over a decade, even for three years eating primally, I now know how to turn the cravings on and off by what & when I eat. Eat that way, no cravings. Eat like most of the rest of y'all, cravings 24/7.

But 99.99% of those with irrational cravings will never find that magic switch; they'll just continue to be bombarded by so many, and so instense, cravings that their will power has no chance to succeed.

That's why you can't just eat less.

I had many binges where I groaned to my husband I wanted nothing more than a stomach pump. I hope people don't find out about this. Better to binge than to go that way, IMO.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Why not just...eat less????
    Mama Grok, you are spot on. You can't just eat less.

If you have never just binged for no reason, I think it is hard to understand the mentaility that makes people so desperate to lose weight. For me, it is the grain/sugar combo that just use to set off crazy sugar binges. And, you bet, I could eat less (nutritious food) very easily, but always would snap and binge on sugar.

It's a crazy addiction because you "have to eat" and have no idea that the reason you eat is because a few foods trigger this out of control response. You have NO IDEA that the healthy bagel caused the bag of snickers to be eaten. Until you start choosing the "unhealthy" eggs and realize all the sudden, you don't overeat!

So you have no tools, just a doctor telling you to "eat less" of what is essentially your crack, and eventually you are willing to damage yourself to stop. Thank god for primal/paleo for some of us.

I will tell you, I am one determined little bitch when I need to be. I ground out a marathon. I quit smoking. I have a lot of discipline. I could NEVER "just eat less" when grains and sugar were part of my diet, no matter how hard I tried.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    You have NO IDEA that the healthy bagel caused the bag of snickers to be eaten. Until you start choosing the "unhealthy" eggs and realize all the sudden, you don't overeat!

So you have no tools, just a doctor telling you to "eat less" of what is essentially your crack, and eventually you are willing to damage yourself to stop.
    Truer words have never been spoken. I was amazed at how my cravings went from 100% to 10% when I dropped grains. It took me years to realize that I only binged on foods that contained grain & sugar, then more years to realize that if I dropped the grains (which I could), the sugar urges would be so much more manageable, then more years to realize that lots of breakfast protein would make the binges a month or more between, then more years to realize that massive breakfast protein would end them altogether, so long as I stay away from the grains and any sweets, and eat tons of protein in the morning.

Yeah, cravings are biochemical. No doubt about it. Mine have an on/off switch, and it saved my life to learn that.

I only hope that we can end the idea (that I myself once held) that fat people are fat (and bingers binge) b/c they're just gluttons with no self-control. ARe some? Probably. Are most? I seriously doubt it.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Byakko is offline Senior Member
    F|26yr|5'3"
    1st Start: 8.25.12
    SW: 151 CW: 147 GW: -150
    HW: 195

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Truer words have never been spoken. I was amazed at how my cravings went from 100% to 10% when I dropped grains. It took me years to realize that I only binged on foods that contained grain & sugar, then more years to realize that if I dropped the grains (which I could), the sugar urges would be so much more manageable, then more years to realize that lots of breakfast protein would make the binges a month or more between, then more years to realize that massive breakfast protein would end them altogether, so long as I stay away from the grains and any sweets, and eat tons of protein in the morning.

Yeah, cravings are biochemical. No doubt about it. Mine have an on/off switch, and it saved my life to learn that.

I only hope that we can end the idea (that I myself once held) that fat people are fat (and bingers binge) b/c they're just gluttons with no self-control. ARe some? Probably. Are most? I seriously doubt it.
    Good point there. I made it to 252lb through laziness and eating crap like oreo's, pizza's, kebabs etc, no self control. Then I made it to 210lb when I added some exercise and ate a little better, but still mostly crap. Only this time the crap was the grains and sugar doing the damage. I was training my ass off and going nowhere. After going paleo, here I am at 182lb, feeling and looking great. I am still that person with no self control sometimes, but it only happens if I go off track and eat something sweet. If I'm strict paleo, I have no problems saying no.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat