Page 592 of 880 FirstFirst ... 92492542582590591592593594602642692 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,920 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 592

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Language class, chapter on health, including exercise and nutrition. It's terrible, because I want to argue, or choose the "correct" answers that aren't actually what the text/listening passage says. However, this one really stood out (paraphrased and translated):

"One benefit of Chinese eating habits over American is that you use more muscles when using chopsticks, and this extra activity is good for you."

I couldn't help but thinking that this logic is about on par with doing "12-oz curls".

vtphoenix is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    Language class, chapter on health, including exercise and nutrition. It's terrible, because I want to argue, or choose the "correct" answers that aren't actually what the text/listening passage says. However, this one really stood out (paraphrased and translated):

"One benefit of Chinese eating habits over American is that you use more muscles when using chopsticks, and this extra activity is good for you."

I couldn't help but thinking that this logic is about on par with doing "12-oz curls".
    Fine motor skills. It's a workout for people that don't know how to use chopsticks. How many have tried and the food keeps slipping, or you can't get a firm grasp on the food...then you give up and use a fork instead.

Stabbing something is just soooo much easier.

Him
    Him is offline Senior Member
    I love chopsticks. They are my go-to eating apparatus for any pre-chopped food. They are so much more hygienic than forks (which are all but impossible to clean, usually)...I use 'em daily. But..they suck for eating fried eggs. I don't know about stabbing being easier, but cutting with a fork is much easier than with chopsticks.

The chopstick exercise claim sounds like your typical "our way is better" jingoism common to just about every culture.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vtphoenix View Post
    Fine motor skills. It's a workout for people that don't know how to use chopsticks. How many have tried and the food keeps slipping, or you can't get a firm grasp on the food...then you give up and use a fork instead.

Stabbing something is just soooo much easier.
    I was hoping that moving to Taiwan would help my wife learn to eat a bit more slowly, due to using chopsticks. What I didn't know is that the convention is to hold a small rice bowl (with meat and veggies on top) up to your mouth and use the chopsticks to shovel it in.

We both lost 35-40 pounds in our time there, and my quest to understand why, to avoid putting it back on is what led me here.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Funny/sad CW moment today... I was chatting with a friend at work, and noticed that she was getting her 2nd English Muffin from the toaster. Two entire english muffins. with some sort of fake spread.

The sad part is that I know she is a diabetic with very iffy blood sugar control.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Local coffee shop saying:

Why not start your day off with a healthier breakfast? We serve breakfasts that are grilled and not fried but taste every bit as good as the traditional fry. There are also bagel breakfasts, toast, scrambled eggs etc. Come in and try, you'll not be disappointed.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    The French girls I house-share with have trouble eating well in the UK (they lose weight in WEEKS when they return to France, though, so it's not just them). I think it's due to infamiliarity and not shopping around. Apparently, good food in France is far cheaper, for starters. I can believe that, France is an agricultural powerhouse and the UK ships everything over. BUT I still live off 10-15/week, even though I eat very well. A further complaint is the taste of English whole foods. Again: I can believe that. But seasonings aren't exactly hard to come by, considering we have a street that's 70% Asian stores only ten minutes away. If it tastes bad: get some stupidly oversized sacks of seasoning. Besides an initial investment, it isn't so expensive in the long run. Good-tasting UK food is all bad for you, too, apparently. And frozen Iceland meals taste good?!

Yes, they have their reasons and the cultural shift is quite large, but it can't be THAT hard to shop at LiDL, get some herbs for seasoning and ignore the overpriced, gelatinous junk food, right?
    Last edited by Kochin; 01-10-2013 at 04:55 AM.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

WeldingHank is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
    Local coffee shop saying:

Why not start your day off with a healthier breakfast? We serve breakfasts that are grilled and not fried but taste every bit as good as the traditional fry. There are also bagel breakfasts, toast, scrambled eggs etc. Come in and try, you'll not be disappointed.
    I didn't realize ForgedFromFat was an MDA forum member.

Silky is offline Senior Member
    I wish this was a joke.

Device that pumps your food out of your stomach. Seriously, people are starving in the world and some scientists invent something to pour partially digested food out of your stomach into the toilet out of a new hole in your stomach.

Device That Pumps Food Straight Out Of Your Stomach Invented

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeldingHank View Post
    I didn't realize ForgedFromFat was an MDA forum member.
    He surely is. The page has been slack lately while we moved house but all back to normal now!
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat