Page 591 of 839 FirstFirst ... 91491541581589590591592593601641691 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,910 of 8388

Thread: Funny CW moments page 591

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    They belly up to the Lunchables section, and Dad scans the prices "OK, these are 3 for $7, so go ahead and pick out 3."
    LOL, for $7 you can get a pack of organic roast beef and a pack of raw cheddar at Trader Joes and probably make 8 "Lunchables" out of it.... sans crackers.

I used to dig lunchables though as a kid.... they always had an Andes mint!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    And other things.
    Ya see, some people *might* consider that sinful?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

panda_bear is offline Junior Member
    So, I'm pretty new here, but I think I've probably read almost every page of this... yeah, I have a lot of free time. But I started reading The Paleo Diet Recipe book, by Loren Codain (I think), and apparently Paleo is low-fat. I don't think this is really a CW moment, but it made me do a double-take, and I had to share it. Also, for the first few pages I've read, they seem to still think in a CW attitude, except for the Paleo part. (This is in no way supposed to be rude to anyone who likes the book, I just couldn't believe it! I though Paleo was high-fat as well.)

Okay, so for an actual CW moment, I have to take a PE course for all my credits in school, and I was nearly pulling my hair out reading the "nutrition" section. They actually tell people that Unsaturated Fats are GOOD for you! And Saturated Fats are BAD! I actually yelled at my monitor when I was reading. I went and ate bacon as revenge.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by panda_bear View Post
    So, I'm pretty new here, but I think I've probably read almost every page of this... yeah, I have a lot of free time. But I started reading The Paleo Diet Recipe book, by Loren Codain (I think), and apparently Paleo is low-fat.
    Cordain's version is (was?) low fat.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    yeah he recently wisened up on that from what I read.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Hard to be low fat when you don't just eat the steaks and throw the rest of the animal away.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I ordered a "chef's salad" from a local restaurant (lunch meeting for work, they pay for the lunch.) I was expecting iceberg lettuce, a couple sorry tomato slices, and cut up lunchmeat and more cretins than iceberg lettuce. I the salad, sans cretins, with this... stuff on the side. Figuring it was supposed to be a dressing of some sort, I put it to one side and eat the salad dry. I called the restaurant later on and asked what their normal dressing was. "Fat free ranch!" Upon further inquiry, I discovered the whole damn salad was fat free.
    Apparently, it's their "diet meal" to cater to the healthy crowd, although everything they serve is low fat/ high carb. Their pastrami is turkey pastrami. The salad was the only thing they served that wasn't a sandwich.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Same thing at a movie grill I went to last week. They offered nothing with fat in it to go on top. Only they had no cretins, or croutons, either.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I ordered a "chef's salad" from a local restaurant (lunch meeting for work, they pay for the lunch.) I was expecting iceberg lettuce, a couple sorry tomato slices, and cut up lunchmeat and more cretins than iceberg lettuce. I the salad, sans cretins, with this... stuff on the side. Figuring it was supposed to be a dressing of some sort, I put it to one side and eat the salad dry. I called the restaurant later on and asked what their normal dressing was. "Fat free ranch!" Upon further inquiry, I discovered the whole damn salad was fat free.
    Apparently, it's their "diet meal" to cater to the healthy crowd, although everything they serve is low fat/ high carb. Their pastrami is turkey pastrami. The salad was the only thing they served that wasn't a sandwich.
    What Should We Call Paleo Life | WHEN THE CATERING AT THE MANDATORY LUNCH MEETING TURNS OUT TO BE SANDWICHES
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Ongoing conversation on my facebook between a friend and her friends.

Anybody give me suggestions for low/carb/low fat meals please.

Response 1: Stir fry's are low fat an dlow carb. BUng in some Chinese noodles (this is me laughing now) to bulk it up and the blue dragon sauces are all low.

Response 2 (me): Good fat won't harm you at all.

Response 3: You need to be carefula bout taking carbs out of your diet cause it will effect your diabetes. I strongly suggest you take a more professional approach and guidance to a diet.

Response 4: Lettuce, lettuce and more lettuce. I'm back on my losing weight programme which consists of being miserable and eating rabbit food. Though I do feel better after losing it.

Sooooo, who wants to go first?
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat