Page 590 of 901 FirstFirst ... 90490540580588589590591592600640690 ... LastLast
Results 5,891 to 5,900 of 9007

Thread: Funny CW moments page 590

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I'm actually kind of impressed that the kid was reading the nutrition labels at least.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoldAsLove View Post
    Thankfully, when I called my dad, he just said "You told me I can eat steak and bacon, OBVIOUSLY you're the daughter I'm doing to listen to!"
    I'm impressed that your dad listened to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    I'm actually kind of impressed that the kid was reading the nutrition labels at least.
    Me too!

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    On the coach. Large-ish woman in her 50s-60s. One of those ones you KNOW is the "advice-giver" in the family.
    We were talking and she offered a sweet. I said I couldn't eat refined sugar. Later on we were talking about dinners. I said I'd be having some root veg mash with butter and cheese and stuff (in the end we had fried beef in butter, and the veg unmashed, but oh well). Reaction "Can't have sugar, but ALL THAT FAT?"
    Response: *resisting Primal-rage urges* "Fat doesn't really harm me."
    Guided it into how it's actually the more artificial and processed foods that harm you, so the fats that are bad for you are hydrogenated and how eliminating ALL fats because studies have shown that hydrogenated ones are bad would be like stopping eating fruit and veg because studies show refined sugar is bad.
    She changed the topic...

She also wanted to know if I'd received medical support in cutting out grains. I said that I'd done my research and the general rule doctors use is just "try it and see" anyway. Silence and new topic. *heavy sigh*
    Last edited by Kochin; 12-22-2012 at 01:24 AM.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

fifer is offline Senior Member
    I'm pleased to be able to post in this thread. I was at a family member's house for a nice festive dinner. It was pretty good homecooked food, French onion soup for starter (no rolls), wild salmon with vegetables and salad for main course (I had a roast potato to be polite). Dessert was a very dark home-baked chocolate brownie topped with whipped cream & a cherry. I thought "shall I refuse or accept"? They perhaps saw my moments hesitation and started on about how it was a new recipe, the first time they had made it, it had 80% dark chocolate in it as well as cocoa powder... so I went for it. Strangely unsatisfying. Then the final boast at the end... "it's totally fat free!"

vtphoenix is offline Member
    So sad. I made a cheesecake for work using all natural, mostly organic ingredients. It went over well. I even had a couple people that didn't touch it initially decide to take a piece once they learned it was all natural and mostly organic. You'd like the brownies I make...Kerrygold, coconut flour, organic cocoa powder, 80% or higher dark chocolate melted into it...I don't make them often, but if you're going to do it, do it right.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    mmm....would love to have both recipes!

Quote Originally Posted by vtphoenix View Post
    So sad. I made a cheesecake for work using all natural, mostly organic ingredients. It went over well. I even had a couple people that didn't touch it initially decide to take a piece once they learned it was all natural and mostly organic. You'd like the brownies I make...Kerrygold, coconut flour, organic cocoa powder, 80% or higher dark chocolate melted into it...I don't make them often, but if you're going to do it, do it right.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    Hi all!

New to the forum (posting at least, I read it quite often), definitely not new to the Primal lifestyle!

Anyway, here are a few of my funny CW moments:

I was at work the other day when one of my female coworkers approaches me with a plate of cookies. I've told her before that I don't eat sugar or grains, but she proceeds to offer me one anyway stating they are "sugar and grain free!" I asked her how she made them and she said "oh they were terribly easy, just a box of cake mix, a couple eggs, and some vegetable oil! See, no grains or sugar at all!" I did a mental jaw drop and politely declined the offer. She looked a bit hurt and asked why I didn't want one, so I actually had to explain to her that there is sugar and flour (which I also had to explain was made from WHEAT, a GRAIN) in the cake mix.

In another instance a different coworker who is probably about 50 pounds overweight and i'm guessing pre-diabetic was expressing her frustration to another coworker about how she just didn't understand why she wasn't losing weight. After all, she had switched all of the sugar her family uses to Sugar in The Raw brand, so they were eating sooo much healthier!

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Oh. My. My brain hurts.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fifer View Post
    it had 80% dark chocolate in it as well as cocoa powder... so I went for it. Strangely unsatisfying. Then the final boast at the end... "it's totally fat free!"
    Whipped cream covers a multitude of sins.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Whipped cream covers a multitude of sins.
    And other things.