Page 587 of 873 FirstFirst ... 87487537577585586587588589597637687 ... LastLast
Results 5,861 to 5,870 of 8730

Thread: Funny CW moments page 587

newberrycrater is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Milty View Post
    This made me facepalm so hard. My Pinterest says it originally came from Dr. Oz.

"Why make cake with eggs and oil when there are TONS of better options? Cake mix with diet soda? Just egg substitute? Only applesauce? We tried each of these methods and more (and had fun doing it)! Here's what we learned..."

Hungry Girl - Friday Newsletter
    Ugh, friggin' Hungry Girl. Now why would anyone in their right mind take advice from somebody who calls herself Hungry Girl?!

WaylandC is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sires6 View Post
    After nuked, I love to saute the squash in herbed butter... lots of it. Or tallow and butter with herbs.
    ...don't forget the garlic/garlic powder for me

To add to the CW Moments: shopping with a friend who now has a good job all, watching him by ten or more 12-packs of soda (a diet one was thrown in for good measure), an armful of Gatorades (salty/sugary colored water), walking through the food sections and by passing all fruits and veggies but taking the moment to consider buying a storemade cake. He has gradually put on weight over the years with the help of bad foods and alcohol. He's had acid reflux since HIGH SCHOOL and he's only in his 20s. I've shared with him about my parents' success.

I don't know if the people fear change, or fear admitting that what they've been doing is somehow "wrong", or a betrayal of their health, or not wanting to accept help based on all those things or if it just adds to a life of confusing information.

I guess all we can do is keep trying and leading by example.

It took me a while to get on board, but I made small steps in the right direction and eventually got my parents to join in on everything.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. Anthony View Post
    i made some awesome pumpkin pie cupcake things (i dunno what to call them) and brought them into work since everyone else was bringing in stuff. Totally primal: Pureed organic pumpkin, eggs, some cream, cinnamon, and just a touch of honey. Melted a square of dark chocolate on top of each one, topped with organic heavy whipping cream whipped up with vanilla and cinnamon. They were freaking delicious.

People at work asked about them, then started eating them, and were like "whoah, these are the best things anyone's brought in this week!"

then i noticed most people were only having half of one, saying they needed to be careful about what they were eating. Then i noticed people were still cramming cinnamon rolls, halloween candy, and pizza into their faces, but would go tell everyone they should try my pumpkin things, even though they were so good they couldn't be good for you...

I was like "um...they're hands-down the healthiest thing on this table right now..."
    RECIPE PLEASE!! kthx!
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    LOL, Hungry Girl. Just....no. Not good.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Him
    Him is offline Senior Member
    To add to the CW Moments: shopping with a friend who now has a good job all, watching him by ten or more 12-packs of soda (a diet one was thrown in for good measure), an armful of Gatorades (salty/sugary colored water), walking through the food sections and by passing all fruits and veggies but taking the moment to consider buying a storemade cake. ...
    I was talking yesterday with a guy who has been in the working broke category for a long time and just got his first non-starvation job in years. He was going on about how eating out sucked because the portions were so small and unsatisfying, plus it was all so expensive, and food at home is just as expensive, and the fact that he was going to be working longer hours meant he was going to be spending a lot more on food. So I started asking questions, just trying to figure out where he was coming from. Turns out everything he eats is some sort of prepared food. Bags of "chicken", boxed "meals", all frozen and all really expensive by my standards. The sort of stuff I don't eat because it seems like a total rip-off.

I tried suggesting, "You know, you can actually buy real meat and vegetables, and cook them in a skillet. It's cheaper and it tastes better." Then the excuses started. He didn't have time. Then he would have to clean. Then it would take too long to shop. Then he would be worried about food poisoning. Every time I said something he had an excuse for why he wouldn't..."couldn't" in his mind. After awhile I just sat there thinking, "this guy is almost 40, how can he live like that????" He was convinced that if he didn't eat pre-made "food" of some sort, whether a TV dinner or fast food, it was too much work and probably unsafe. Store bought cakes, though? Right up his ally.

jaczor is offline Member
    I am in the process of getting rid of some junk that I have accumulated in my room over the past few years and I came across a "diet" given to me by my CW doctor, try not to laugh:

Breakfast: 2 slices of whole wheat bread, 30grams of mozarella or ricotta, 30gr of lean turkey, 1/2 teaspoon of margarine.

Breakfast 2: one boiled egg and two slices of whole wheat brad.

Lunch: lean beef, chicken or fish, 1/2 cup of rice or pasta, one small salad with a little bit of olive oil or other vegetable oil as dressing.

Dinner: similar to lunch, but only half of the protein portion.

Putting aside the fact that it relies on grains and vegetable oil, can you imagine how depressing it would be to eat that crap and in those portions? I'm 5'10 and was probably about 245lbs when I was given that diet, I would have been starving all the time, no wonder we constantly failed when trying to loose weight on CW.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I have a coworker that just moved here from AZ for a job. He was hunting for a rent place, which are rarer than hen's teeth out here, and cost an arm and two legs when you do find one. He finally found one he could afford in a decent neighborhood, but the catch was that it had no kitchen. Not even a kitchenette. When I expressed wonder that it would ever get rented, he said, and I quote, "I'm going to take it. It's a great deal, and I never cook anyways. I always pick something up on the way home." I quite literally stood there slackjawed for a good 10 seconds before I remembered my manners, closed my mouth, and asked when he was moving in.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milty View Post
    This made me facepalm so hard. My Pinterest says it originally came from Dr. Oz.

"Why make cake with eggs and oil when there are TONS of better options? Cake mix with diet soda? Just egg substitute? Only applesauce? We tried each of these methods and more (and had fun doing it)! Here's what we learned..."

Hungry Girl - Friday Newsletter
    Oh my god, if I'm gonna eat cake, I want it to be QUALITY stuff, not disgusting chemical substitutions.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jaczor View Post
    I am in the process of getting rid of some junk that I have accumulated in my room over the past few years and I came across a "diet" given to me by my CW doctor, try not to laugh:

Breakfast: 2 slices of whole wheat bread, 30grams of mozarella or ricotta, 30gr of lean turkey, 1/2 teaspoon of margarine.

Lunch: lean beef, chicken or fish, 1/2 cup of rice or pasta, one small salad with a little bit of olive oil or other vegetable oil as dressing.

Putting aside the fact that it relies on grains and vegetable oil, can you imagine how depressing it would be to eat that crap and in those portions? I'm 5'10 and was probably about 245lbs when I was given that diet, I would have been starving all the time, no wonder we constantly failed when trying to loose weight on CW.
    I would be one seriously "Hungry Girl" on that diet. Yikes! Pass the fatbread and mascarpone.

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaczor View Post

Ugh. What a miserable diet. My doc put my on one just like this when we found out my cholesterol was "on the high side" (I was eating "healthy" SAD at the time). I only lasted two months on it because it made me tired and depressed. I'd never been more miserable in my life! I lost ten pounds, but I was so weak I couldn't even push myself up when I fell snowboarding. Not to mention my cholesterol skyrocketed eating like that, only to go down once I adopted paleo. I threw away my prescription for statins.
    You're absolutely right, this is EXACTLY why people think being healthy is a struggle. I believed my doc and thought I was eating healthy, and it made me hate life.