Page 585 of 878 FirstFirst ... 85485535575583584585586587595635685 ... LastLast
Results 5,841 to 5,850 of 8772

Thread: Funny CW moments page 585

aix_sponsa is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by karatepig View Post
    All right, I finally have one!
    I went on a turkey hunt this past weekend. now, I had to get up very early, and frankly, didn't have time for breakfast. While me and my hunting buddy (more like mentor, actually) were out in the sticks, he complained about having to miss breakfast. I told him that I just had a cup of coffee, with a chunk chunk of butter thrown in. Now, he is fat with all kinds of health problems, I am lean, and in perfect health. he says to me:
    "Too bad our bodies don't run primarily on fat."
    (me) "Mine does"
    (him) "Only when there is nothing left"
    Where oh where to begin?
    Lol! So did you get a turkey? I saw about 20 today in a foggy pecan orchard. Purdy.

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    Checking out at Trader Joes with the uncured bacon ends in my cart... the cashier tells me about a lady who told him she cuts all the fat off & there's still plenty of meat. I say "but that's the best part"... and he says "but fat is bad!"
    I explained that our body needs fat to absorb certain vitamins but we have to chose the right fats and the right amounts... I didn't go into more detail, his mind was blown away by this info already...
    I mean, if you don't want fat, buy a friggin turkey ham steak instead!

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    I mean, if you don't want fat, buy a friggin turkey ham steak instead!
    I can't have commercial pork. I can eat the local stuff... but let me tell you how much I hate going into a restaurant in the am, when I do, and smelling that pork bacon frying.

A word to the wise: if you're eating bacon, try to get it pastured. There are so many things wrong with commercial pork. Oh and the Kansas City Star just did an expose on the American Meat Production system... scary. MRSA anyone?
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

karatepig is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aix_sponsa View Post
    Lol! So did you get a turkey? I saw about 20 today in a foggy pecan orchard. Purdy.
    No turkey, sadly. It seems that, once the season opened, they all vanished. Now the fall season is closed,so I'll have to actually BUY my turkey. The horror.
    Last edited by karatepig; 12-14-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    I made some awesome pumpkin pie cupcake things (I dunno what to call them) and brought them into work since everyone else was bringing in stuff. Totally primal: pureed organic pumpkin, eggs, some cream, cinnamon, and just a touch of honey. Melted a square of dark chocolate on top of each one, topped with organic heavy whipping cream whipped up with vanilla and cinnamon. They were freaking delicious.

People at work asked about them, then started eating them, and were like "whoah, these are the best things anyone's brought in this week!"

Then I noticed most people were only having half of one, saying they needed to be careful about what they were eating. Then I noticed people were still cramming cinnamon rolls, Halloween candy, and pizza into their faces, but would go tell everyone they should try my pumpkin things, even though they were so good they couldn't be good for you...

I was like "um...they're hands-down the healthiest thing on this table right now..."

Kata is offline Senior Member
    It frustrates me when people accuse my of trying to starve myself because I'm not hungry all the time and chomping at the bit to stuff my face with crap. Some (most) days I'm not hungry at "lunch time," and often I'll just do a random IF because it's easier than trying to navigate through the mine field of fast-food joints that would be my options on days I forget to take my lunch to work/school. I try to explain that the way I do eat keeps me fuller longer, so I don't need to eat as much. Or I'll just say "I had a really big breakfast (which is almost always true). I'll eat again when I get hungry." But, it goes in one ear and out the other and I get replies like, "No, you need to eat. It's not healthy to not eat."
    *facepalm*

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I made some awesome pumpkin pie cupcake things (I dunno what to call them) and brought them into work since everyone else was bringing in stuff. Totally primal: pureed organic pumpkin, eggs, some cream, cinnamon, and just a touch of honey. Melted a square of dark chocolate on top of each one, topped with organic heavy whipping cream whipped up with vanilla and cinnamon. They were freaking delicious.

People at work asked about them, then started eating them, and were like "whoah, these are the best things anyone's brought in this week!"

Then I noticed most people were only having half of one, saying they needed to be careful about what they were eating. Then I noticed people were still cramming cinnamon rolls, Halloween candy, and pizza into their faces, but would go tell everyone they should try my pumpkin things, even though they were so good they couldn't be good for you...

I was like "um...they're hands-down the healthiest thing on this table right now..."
    That is so Sad. Great food is wasted on some people.

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    Sorry if anyone has seen this before but it freaks me out: "Health".com is promoting a "carb-lovers" diet (to sell the book I think)

Recommending 360g of carb a day; while they stress adding resistant starch, balanced meals, and somewhat ok carb sources, I really do NOT like that they also attack low-carb diets: Carb Lovers Diet - Health.com

grrr... fad diet for money, sure to ensnare all the CW ppl who can't give up their bread

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Fellow gym goer cannot understand why she is not losing weight, despite keeping to her plan which she regards as no carb.

She eats yoghurt with fruit and weight watchers cereal for breakfast, protein bar, chicken and salad wrap for lunch, protein shake, stir fry chicken and veges. Sometimes cheats with a glass of wine.

I gently suggested changing to eggs for breakfast but at the same time others were chiming in telling her to cut dairy and add almonds and both fresh and dried fruit. At least we all agreed the bar and shake were not real food, so I will see how she gets on.

There are so many mixed messages out there, I can see why it's confusing.

Kata is offline Senior Member
    I've been paleo for about 2 years now. I've told my parents all about it, and I've made it very clear to them what I will and will not eat, and why. They've made a few changes at their house, like cooking with coconut oil and bacon grease, but for the most part they eat "healthy" SAD. I had this conversation with my mom last night:

Mom: Come on over for dinner tonight, we haven't seen you all week!
    Me: Sure, what are you making?
    Mom: Dad's making spaghetti!!!
    Me: *facepalm*... Mom, I'd love to come and see you guys, but you know I don't eat pasta anymore. (I wanted to add that she shouldn't either, since she's gluten-sensitive, but I refrained.)
    Mom: Oh (like it was some huge surprise). Well, there's some meat and veggies in the fridge you can have instead. Just come over!

So, I went. When I got there and started taking ground beef, eggs, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, and a red pepper out of the fridge, I had this conversation with my dad:

Dad: What are you doing? I'm making spaghetti.
    Me: Dad, I don't eat spaghetti anymore. You know this.
    Dad: You don't? Why not?
    Me: Because it's made from wheat. Remember, I don't eat wheat anymore?
    Dad: I know you're on the paleo diet, but I didn't know that means you can't have spaghetti.
    Me: *facepalm*

Then he went on to joke about Italian Neanderthals eating pasta.

I swear, it's like they don't listen to a word I say. We have conversations like this every time I eat with them, and every time, it's a complete surprise.