Page 584 of 872 FirstFirst ... 84484534574582583584585586594634684 ... LastLast
Results 5,831 to 5,840 of 8718

Thread: Funny CW moments page 584

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by snoops View Post
    Its true that your body tightly controls your acid/alkaline balance. But if you eat too much acidic foods will it not have to go to extra ends to keep it controlled as compared to eating highly alkaline foods then it wont have to work so hard at it. That's my take on it anyway.
    Your stomach is already naturally way more acidic than any meat could ever be. The only way people who are caught up in the whole ph balance thing measure is by urine acidity. Well that is only measuring the excess that is being excreted. The ph actually inside your stomach hasn't changed a bit. The body is wonderfully self regulating.

Eating a whole lot of alkaline foods could actually have the Tums effect. It would dilute the stomach acid thereby making digestion less effective. Not enough acid makes food sit there and start to ferment and bubble upwards. This is what causes reflux problems, insufficient acidity not excess acidity. Reflux is often cured simply by adding a swig of ACV before meals.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Going gluten-free pretty much fixed any reflux issues I had. I used to not be able to sleep sometimes, it was that bad.

And you're right, PB. Those of us with specific health issues don't have much choice about being strict. I don't ever want to go back to how I felt eating wheat.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Your stomach is already naturally way more acidic than any meat could ever be. The only way people who are caught up in the whole ph balance thing measure is by urine acidity. Well that is only measuring the excess that is being excreted. The ph actually inside your stomach hasn't changed a bit. The body is wonderfully self regulating.

Eating a whole lot of alkaline foods could actually have the Tums effect. It would dilute the stomach acid thereby making digestion less effective. Not enough acid makes food sit there and start to ferment and bubble upwards. This is what causes reflux problems, insufficient acidity not excess acidity. Reflux is often cured simply by adding a swig of ACV before meals.
    Exactly.

Ask my mom how wonderful a low acid stomach is. She's had h. pylori causing ulcers TWICE in the past 5 years due to low acid making it flourish. The first time, she ended up in the hospital for a week. The second time, she lost about 20% of her body weight. And yet, she continues to take Tums almost every day.

Your stomach is supposed to be acidic.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    So there I was leaving my local Planet Fitness at about 6:30 am in the morning when I was nice enough to hold the door for the girl carrying in the bagels for free bagel tuesday or what ever the hell they call it. And apparently I missed pizza monday.

Talk about keeping a clientele.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    It's like those bake sales, to benefit diabetes research!

EagleRiverDee is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    It's like those bake sales, to benefit diabetes research!
    LOL, oh the irony.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    LOL, oh the irony.
    unfortunately, the irony is not quite heavy enough to bash them over the head with it...

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    The office I work in tends to be quite mindful of the fact that I can't have Crisco or wheat, which I am VERY grateful for. The accountant brought in this truly decadent looking chocolate monstrosity of a cake. Fully prepared to ignore it, I turn to go back to my desk when she says "I didn't forget about you, [Naiad.] I got you this." She produces a clamshell container with a slice of chocolate cake in it. "It was all they had without cottonseed oil or wheat in it."
    It was a vegan, gluten free, low fat, sugar free... thing. No, it didn't have wheat or cottonseed oil in it. It did have an ingredients list that was 10 lines long with more than a few chemicals in it. I politely took a bite because she did make an effort and ditched it when I got back to my desk. It was foul.
    A for effort, though. It's nice when people at least try.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

karatepig is offline Member
    All right, I finally have one!
    I went on a turkey hunt this past weekend. now, I had to get up very early, and frankly, didn't have time for breakfast. While me and my hunting buddy (more like mentor, actually) were out in the sticks, he complained about having to miss breakfast. I told him that I just had a cup of coffee, with a chunk chunk of butter thrown in. Now, he is fat with all kinds of health problems, I am lean, and in perfect health. he says to me:
    "Too bad our bodies don't run primarily on fat."
    (me) "Mine does"
    (him) "Only when there is nothing left"
    Where oh where to begin?
    Last edited by karatepig; 12-13-2012 at 09:46 AM.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    *snip* It was foul.
    A for effort, though. It's nice when people at least try.
    I'm fully expecting this when I return home for Christmas. It is nice when they try, though.