Page 583 of 838 FirstFirst ... 83483533573581582583584585593633683 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,830 of 8378

Thread: Funny CW moments page 583

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The new Indian takeaway shop near my work just put a sign on the sidewalk stating:

We cook all our food in Rice Bran Oil for your health

Where to begin?

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    LOL our local chip shop had a sign saying cooked in healthy canola oil a few years back!

Samphis is online now Member
    I had someone at work (who has seen me lost 45 pounds this year, mind) tell me that I must be just lucky to have one of "those" kind of metabolisms.

I had to show her the picture of me at last year's Christmas party, because she couldn't remember when I was vegetarian and huge. She still doesn't believe me, and accused me of getting a stomach staple.

Blacksmith is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vtphoenix View Post
    I
    It started off with someone saying that people eat too much meat in this country and then went downhill from there. The worst it got is when they started talking about the China Study as the epitome of studies showing people shouldn't eat meat and even discussing several perpetuating myths of meat eating including that it takes calcium from your bones and is linked to early onset osteoporosis. Then, aside from the China Study, they started quoting and talking about how awesome Forks Over Knives was.
    end rant
    While this may be kinda sorta true, I have been reading Wheat Belly and there is a chapter in the book which talks about this. Meat creates a sort of acid imbalance in your Ph and your body in an attempt to bring that back to normal leaches calcium from your bones. However eating veggies sorta neutalizes this as they tend to create an alkaline state.

This is very simplified but the gist of it.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    My favorite is, "Well, you know anytime you lose weight on a fad diet like that, it is just going to come right back and even some more pounds too. It's called the yo-yo effect." Um, no. A year and a half later and still consistently within a couple of pounds +/- of my original goal weight. It's like people are disappointed when you DON'T fail.
    Well to be fair, if you stopped being primal and went back to your previous diet you probably would put the weight back on, wouldn't you?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Well to be fair, if you stopped being primal and went back to your previous diet you probably would put the weight back on, wouldn't you?
    she would probably have an epileptic seizure and stroke before regaining all her weight.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    While this may be kinda sorta true, I have been reading Wheat Belly and there is a chapter in the book which talks about this. Meat creates a sort of acid imbalance in your Ph and your body in an attempt to bring that back to normal leaches calcium from your bones. However eating veggies sorta neutalizes this as they tend to create an alkaline state.

This is very simplified but the gist of it.
    I have heard that one too...although some people are questioning the whole PH thing. As you pointed out meat and two veg balance out very nicely. I understand one of the worst acid culprits are grains.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    Just a little vent! I feel like everyone has been trying to push SAD food on me all day. Cakes this morning in work, mince pies this afternoon..in work....and the mother in law wanting me to have fish n chips with her tonight!!

No thanks....Ahh go on....no i'm alright, honestly...just one.....no thanks......ahh why not? You've lost loads of weight, you might as well....i don't want it!

I'm not 100% angelic on this way of life, i'd say i run at 90-95% most of the time, but that other 5-10% are my choice, it's not down to someone else!

I feel like i have said no to food about 12 times today. I know these people are only doing it to make themselves feel better as well.

Thanks, i feel a bit better for ranting haha!!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    The difference is the distinction between making a dietary change and "going on a diet".

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    she would probably have an epileptic seizure and stroke before regaining all her weight.
    Not to mention a recurrence of breast cancer. Those of us facing major health issues have an easier time with not "cheating". It just isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    I have heard that one too...although some people are questioning the whole PH thing. As you pointed out meat and two veg balance out very nicely. I understand one of the worst acid culprits are grains.
    Ya, Davis has a point about the hybridized wheat being bad for you but this point was where he lost me. The old, "Meat makes your body acidic", thing is leftover vegan propaganda with no basis in fact. The acid/alkaline balance in the body is tightly controlled and no particular food affects it that much. (except of course when we start messing with it chemically with things like Tums.)

And, Hulahoop, feel free to rant anytime. A good rant is just what you need sometimes.

snoops is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Its true that your body tightly controls your acid/alkaline balance. But if you eat too much acidic foods will it not have to go to extra ends to keep it controlled as compared to eating highly alkaline foods then it wont have to work so hard at it. That's my take on it anyway.