Page 582 of 880 FirstFirst ... 82482532572580581582583584592632682 ... LastLast
Results 5,811 to 5,820 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 582

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Which one is your fave?
    Narayannis as good (if not better) than what we used to get in the UK.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Monk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
    According to the only person I know with a band, fatty foods hurt. Also a lot of vegetables can cause pain too. Stupidest surgery ever and I'm sorry your mom is going through that.
    We had three people who had the surgery, but theystill ate CW, so they look a little better than before but not much. One of them ate crap up to their surgery and now still eats crap. It makes no sense.

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    I have a really good one!

One of the women at my mom's work has a roommate. She was busy baking cupcakes, and her roommate was making treats for her rabbit. The rabbit treats had flour and sugar in them and mom's co-workers, a bunch of diabetics who love donuts, all said that was absolutely terrible for the poor rabbits.

Mom wanted to say, "Yes, and for the humans too."

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    Guessing there might be a few additions to this thread this weekend ;-)

My friend was RAVING about the "skinny stuffing" and awesome sweet potatoes she made from SELF mag... I was curious wtf made the stuffing "skinny," so I googled.... horror of horrors, they want you to put margarine in with your steamed sweet potatoes! That was so disturbing, I'm still not really sure what skinny stuffing is, but I think it's made from whole grains. There were lots of comments about strange fiber stuffing concoctions and how all the "healthy stuff" (flax seeds & mushrooms) make up for the sugar & oils.

Also, more faleo than CW, but I have an old friend w/MS who keeps half-assing paleo, (did a whole 30+, cheated on it, still saw amazing results re:MS, but felt it was "too hard" to keep up)... this person keeps posting recipes w/sugar and other crap and claiming they're paleo, which makes me cringe, but the kicker was something about eating tons of mom's conbread and bread stuffing... in the same breath as "you all know how committed I am to paleo"... I'm all for 80/20, but....
    ha ha, sounds like 80/20 the wrong way round.....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I was reading an article in December's Vegetarian Times about a social networking idea where this woman planned monthly get togethers for vegan lawyers. Anyway, the part I found funny was:

Around the holidays, there's a lot more cinnamon and nutmeg in the air. "Spiked soy nog sells like hotcakes."
    All I could think was that it had better be spiked; why else would anyone drink soy nog?

AvatarAbe is offline Junior Member
    My favorite thing is how I get two diametrically opposed reactions to my Primal eating, depending on the scenario. If I'm turning down bread/pasta/bean dip/cupcakes, whatever:

"Oh my God! Your diet is so restrictive; I could never do it!"

If I'm having bacon/full-fat sour cream/red meat/etc:

"You know, you can't just eat whatever you want and expect to lose weight!" (even though I've lost 20 pounds).

....yeah, pick one, people!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    You're right, people are inconsistent.

However, I don't seem to get any of these reactions and just realised it's probably because I just eat at home most of the time. My dh and dd eat exactly the same as me for dinner and they love it, so nothing to react to.

vtphoenix is offline Member
    I was visiting friends over the weekend with my girlfriend and was actually getting upset listening to a conversation they were having. I couldn't voice my opinion because I was actually mad and didn't want to convey that and try to preach or anything.

It started off with someone saying that people eat too much meat in this country and then went downhill from there. The worst it got is when they started talking about the China Study as the epitome of studies showing people shouldn't eat meat and even discussing several perpetuating myths of meat eating including that it takes calcium from your bones and is linked to early onset osteoporosis. Then, aside from the China Study, they started quoting and talking about how awesome Forks Over Knives was.

By that time, I was upset enough to tell them that they needed to know how scientific studies should be conducted before they start taking inherently flawed and biased studies to heart.

Meanwhile earlier in the weekend they commented on my amazing weight loss and health, knowing that I eat Primal. It often amazes me that people, even faced with results, will still cling to crappy ass studies that "prove" the way they eat is better.

end rant

Paleobird Guest
    My favorite is, "Well, you know anytime you lose weight on a fad diet like that, it is just going to come right back and even some more pounds too. It's called the yo-yo effect." Um, no. A year and a half later and still consistently within a couple of pounds +/- of my original goal weight. It's like people are disappointed when you DON'T fail.

WeldingHank is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    My favorite is, "Well, you know anytime you lose weight on a fad diet like that, it is just going to come right back and even some more pounds too. It's called the yo-yo effect." Um, no. A year and a half later and still consistently within a couple of pounds +/- of my original goal weight. It's like people are disappointed when you DON'T fail.
    My normal "fad" diet retort:"Because basing your diet in whole, real foods, is a fad?"