Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
    Kochin, you summed up my post while I was still writing it

AC
    "Great minds..." eh?

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
    For the majority of the people, for most of the time, the CW is the correct path. Deviating from it can mean serious injury or death, imprisonment, debt or poverty and so on.

Heck, most of US were following it too!
    I can honestly say that, even as a 47-year-old woman, I have never in my life been on a lowfat diet. Primal is only the 2nd change to my eating I've ever made, following after a year of Atkins. Nothing else seemed to make sense, and while Atkins made sense over CW, Primal made a lot more sense over either one.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I can honestly say that, even as a 47-year-old woman, I have never in my life been on a lowfat diet. Primal is only the 2nd change to my eating I've ever made, following after a year of Atkins. Nothing else seemed to make sense, and while Atkins made sense over CW, Primal made a lot more sense over either one.
    You would be in a minority, though.

Monk is offline Senior Member
    This my favorite thread, because everyone post takes me right back to my office environment.

Things my cowrkers have said: One lady goes to Walmart every morning for her package of chips ahoy and Doritos. She has been raving about her weight loss, from cutting pop out and switching to water. Except for today when she came back with a Coke with her wings. She keeps telling me she eats oatmeal because she has highblood pressure. This morning she actually quoted the calories and serving size of her Doritos. I asked her if she was going to stop after the recommended serving...she told me "probably not".
    ANother coworker, who has had the stomach staple surgery, told me today when I was telling her about using cauliflower in place of rice, that she tries not to eat the chicken skin from a rotis chicken, because "it's supposed to be bad for you"

Tonight at Chipotle, the guy in front of me made me smile...not for a good reason.
    He was ordering his and friends food, burrito.
    Guy"and the other burrito has no rice or beans and double meat, he's weird."
    My turn, got a bowl, no rice, no beans, double chicken, I love being weird, VFF's and all.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Was at my fav Indian restaurant here in Edmonton, all organic veg, chicken and lamb. They usually 7 vegan dishes and 3 meat dishes all very tasty. Was helping myself to Marsala mushroom and amazing squash curry, as I was moving onto the lamb and the chicken the lady behind me said "oh a tofu curry that is healthy"
    face/palm.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Monk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CattyB View Post
    *pout*
    My co-workers said they'd have to hurt me if I just sucked the cheese sauce off the noodles and then spit them back onto my plate. But it's Boston Market!!! Their curly-noodle mac-n-cheese is one of my very mostest faybee-ruts! At least I was trying to stay as primal as possible... sigh

hilarious!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Was at my fav Indian restaurant here in Edmonton, all organic veg, chicken and lamb. They usually 7 vegan dishes and 3 meat dishes all very tasty. Was helping myself to Marsala mushroom and amazing squash curry, as I was moving onto the lamb and the chicken the lady behind me said "oh a tofu curry that is healthy"
    face/palm.
    Sad face. Why eat tofu when you can have paneer? Silly people.

I actually ate some tofu the other day because I went with a friend of mine to one of the vegan restaurants in town. He's an old friend and he was buying lunch, so I figured one meal that included a little fried tofu was worth it. However, I spent the entire time I ate it thinking how much tastier it would have been with chicken.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Sad face. Why eat tofu when you can have paneer? Silly people.

I actually ate some tofu the other day because I went with a friend of mine to one of the vegan restaurants in town. He's an old friend and he was buying lunch, so I figured one meal that included a little fried tofu was worth it. However, I spent the entire time I ate it thinking how much tastier it would have been with chicken.
    You should take him to the place we went great food and great options for both of you.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Which one is your fave?
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Guessing there might be a few additions to this thread this weekend ;-)

My friend was RAVING about the "skinny stuffing" and awesome sweet potatoes she made from SELF mag... I was curious wtf made the stuffing "skinny," so I googled.... horror of horrors, they want you to put margarine in with your steamed sweet potatoes! That was so disturbing, I'm still not really sure what skinny stuffing is, but I think it's made from whole grains. There were lots of comments about strange fiber stuffing concoctions and how all the "healthy stuff" (flax seeds & mushrooms) make up for the sugar & oils.

Also, more faleo than CW, but I have an old friend w/MS who keeps half-assing paleo, (did a whole 30+, cheated on it, still saw amazing results re:MS, but felt it was "too hard" to keep up)... this person keeps posting recipes w/sugar and other crap and claiming they're paleo, which makes me cringe, but the kicker was something about eating tons of mom's conbread and bread stuffing... in the same breath as "you all know how committed I am to paleo"... I'm all for 80/20, but....