Page 58 of 873 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158558 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 58

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Oh, good. Now we can have people with half-digested pizza crusts flying out of their asses.
    I had a long car ride yesterday which gave me the opportunity to think....If you took both metformin and alli at the same time could you get the whole pizza to pass through undigested?
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman
    Oh, good. Now we can have people with half-digested pizza crusts flying out of their asses.

Quote Originally Posted by runnergal View Post
    I had a long car ride yesterday which gave me the opportunity to think....If you took both metformin and alli at the same time could you get the whole pizza to pass through undigested?
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! +56984320000000!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    My mom argued with me about eating only meat (with rare exceptions) after we had just talked about how your body can syntesize sugars but not fats or proteins. It took eating a soggy salad and overcooked broccoli to shut her up.
    Of course, she trains paramedics and was halfway through becoming a doctor before she had me, so she'll obviously support CW.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaglassgreen View Post
    My bf's dad: you aren't eating any grains or sugar? You can't have any toast with your eggs and bacon? What a shame, what a shame...
    That would have gotten a genuine gut-laugh from me. I couldn't even be mildly miffed.

Quote Originally Posted by runnergal View Post
    Yeah that's pretty gross right there.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I miss the PB&J sandwiches Mom made for us: she'd toast and butter (well, margarine) the bread, then slather one piece with honey peanut butter and slather the other piece with strawberry jelly or jam. I've tried making it with oopsie rolls but you just can't get that toast crispness with an oopsie roll and the honey was crucial to the flavor.
    Did anyone else's mom do breakfast sandwiches? Buttered toast with scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, salsa, and cheese inside? God I loved those.
    Poached egg on toast... I miss it.

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    Does this count as a funny CW moment?

I found it via the Primal Wisdom blog - a reporter following the dietary recommendations of Tracy Anderson and Gwyneth Paltrow (brilliant, superb idea) and reporting,
    "Well, I'm no Gwynnie but since January I have lost a stone in weight and dropped from dress size 12 to 10. I am happier with my body than I have been for a long time.
    "Those are the positives.

"On the downside I feel woozy and find it difficult to concentrate. At first I had loads of energy but now I'm always tired and am told I'm horribly grouchy to boot.

"My skin is terrible and my nails are flaking and weak. And - how can I put this - my system has become, shall we say, somewhat sluggish. Normally I'm as regular as clockwork. Not any more."
    So she's malnourished, exhausted, depressed, constipated and looks ill. And she's 'happier with her body than she's been in a long time' because she's thinner.

Is anyone else having a WTF? moment?

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    Does this count as a funny CW moment?

I found it via the Primal Wisdom blog - a reporter following the dietary recommendations of Tracy Anderson and Gwyneth Paltrow (brilliant, superb idea) and reporting,

So she's malnourished, exhausted, depressed, constipated and looks ill. And she's 'happier with her body than she's been in a long time' because she's thinner.

Is anyone else having a WTF? moment?
    She referred to someone as "Gwynnie" that says all I need to know about her judgement. WTF indeed.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Poached egg on toast... I miss it.
    Riv's angry bread works pretty well......
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

sillysarah is offline Member
    Has anyone seen those new commercials for General Mills cereals?

"The average American only gets half of the recommended servings of whole grains per day! All of General Mills cereals are a healthy and great tasting way to get the whole grains you need..."

All I could do was gape at the audacity, and scream at the TV that no one needs grains...

Then wonder if there were more primal folk out there than we thought?

geekgrrl is offline Senior Member
    lolz@the 'gwynnie' post. Holy cow.

My daughter a while back had the nerve to pipe up in (health or food tech(cooking) class, i can't remember which) about how her mum said some fats were good for you and grains weren't, and the teacher aparrently replied "yeah I know, but I'm not allowed to teach that". Which is more sad than funny, really.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat? Tom Snyder