Page 577 of 840 FirstFirst ... 77477527567575576577578579587627677 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,770 of 8395

Thread: Funny CW moments page 577

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatlesFan View Post
    I work at a Quiznos part time while in school. This place is like grand central station for conventional wisdom. I used to eat it but I found the only way to control the cravings is to just not eat at all. Sometimes co workers ask if I'm gonna make a sandwich and I just say no I don't eat quiznos (i'm the only worker who does this). when they ask why i say because it's not healthy. They again ask why and I don't even bother trying to explain. Like really where would you even start? The BREAD (GRAINS EEEEK) , the dressings with HFCS, the meat that has been processed to all get out, the list goes on and on, and to us groks it is plainly obvious and doesn't even need explaining. So I don't even try.

Then here's a specific story that left me scratching my head. One of the guys there who eats it everyday decided to go vegetarian for awhile. He would make only veggie sandwiches and eat the broccoli and cheese soup. He did this for a couple of weeks. Later we were talking and he referenced this period and said "yea I was doing the vegetarian thing for awhile". To make conversation I asked him why. He said that he has had cancer in the past and that red meat was the chief cause of cancer. Now in my head I'm just thinking WTF but I pretend to be ignorant on the subject. I say do you smoke cigarettes and drink ? He says yes and we just laugh. I'm thinking yea the red meat is gonna make your cancer come back but the smoking will have no affect......... I didn't even bother pressing the subject, first of all what he eats is none of my business, and I generally found it's best to not try to explain primal because it simply doesn't work
    Read a good quote earlier. Don't try to change the world. It doesn't want to be changed.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Started doing barefoot walks. Until my feet have built up some "leather" on the soles, I'm abstaining from running, apart from on grassy, mossy areas, so it's barefoot walks for me, city-wise!

Anyhow, walked past two guys.
    Guy1: Why the fuck isn't that girl wearing her shoes? (my shoes were in my hand)
    Me: It's good for yout feet. Makes them strong.
    (both stop)
    Me: You know how people get weak arches?
    (nods)
    Me: Well, that's from wearing arch support. It's like, if you wear your arm in a sling, your biceps will get weak. Same but with feet.
    Guy1: What?
    Guy2: (seems to get it) No, makes sense.
    Guy1: But you could cut your feet open on sharp stuff!
    Me: Well, yeah, but I look out for glass. Besides, you feet can build thicker skin, which will guard them against most glass and sharp stuff you'll find.
    Guy2: (looks at my shoes) These have heel support. (Mutters something about heel support that I didn't quite catch. Note: my shoes are typical running shoes, they're just the loosest and warmest I have, for when I need my feet to warm up quickly or get a brief break, they're not used for anything but "rest time" on barefoot walks, until my feet get stronger.)
    Me: Yeah, they're just the easiest ones to slip in and out of, in case I need to pop them on for a few.
    Guy1: But what if you step on some glass, and someone who had AIDS got cut on it and then you'll get AIDS!?
    Me: Your feet can guard against that, keep an eye out for sharp stuff anyway and you're set. (Didn't bother going into the probabilities of that one...)
    (Their friends catch up with them and we start to go our separate ways.)
    Me: Just try going barefoot sometime, it's good for you!

Guy2 seemed like he'd look into it. Unsure about guy1. Probably not, but, who knows. #shrug
    Last edited by Kochin; 11-14-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Dip. Dip is the enemy. I'm sure of it.
    Naw. Crushed/blended tomatos qith a bit of curry. Hollandaise. Home-made mayo with caremelized onion and roast garlic blended in. Mustard, greek yoghurt and egg-yolk. Guacamole... Dips are good if you know WHAT dips.

infradiggy is offline Junior Member
    Is it possible for Yahoo "Health" to get it wrong on just about everything?...Yep. The Best and Worst Breakfasts for Your Health | Yahoo! Health

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Frequently, yes. They are part of the good ol' system.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    Guy1: But what if you step on some glass, and someone who had AIDS got cut on it and then you'll get AIDS!?
    This is the part I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    This is the part I like.
    I know, right? Of all the stupid ideas... I mean, yes, it COULD happen, but it must be a one in a trillion chance.

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Today is diabetes awareness day. I walk into work (a public school) and the secretary hands me a piece of paper outlining why we have diabetes awareness and how important it is to take care of ourselves and we should just use sugar 'moderately'. Stapled to the paper is a bag with a sugar cookie with blue sugar icing. I just said thank you and kept walking. There was just nothing I could say to that one.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    But what if you step on some glass, and someone who had AIDS got cut on it and then you'll get AIDS!?
    Seriously, that happens all the time!

sheesh
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i know, i got aids in my foot the other day >.>
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!