Page 573 of 900 FirstFirst ... 73473523563571572573574575583623673 ... LastLast
Results 5,721 to 5,730 of 8997

Thread: Funny CW moments page 573

Laoch is offline Junior Member
    Have you tasted menstrual blood? Plus, thanks for ruining steak on me!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    and this thread went south...for the time being
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    So my son (4 yo) hears us talking about "porcupine meatballs" at dinner (he's never had them) and later says that he thinks I was lying because people would not make meat balls out of these animals. I cracked up about it and explained that it meant that there was rice in them and it pokes out causing the name, but then realized that we eat lots of funny stuff. A few hours earlier I was off at a friends house to pick up yak meat we were sharing... we also raise our own turkeys which no one around here does either.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    We have had an e.coli outbreak in Canada thanks in part to a process called needle tenderization that pokes thousands of teeny holes in the meat and can push the surface bacteria into the middle of the steak. There's a call to change the law, but currently they don't have to label meat processed this way. The process may be used on as much as 50% of the steaks sold in Canadian supermarkets. This is done in the US too as far as I know.

So you can't just assume you can safely cook that steak to rare if you don't know how it was handled, sadly. I buy direct from a farmer and know for sure that her butcher doesn't do that, so I love my bloody steaks, but it's something to be aware of if you're buying at the meat counter (particularly on cheaper cuts).
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    We have had an e.coli outbreak in Canada thanks in part to a process called needle tenderization that pokes thousands of teeny holes in the meat and can push the surface bacteria into the middle of the steak. There's a call to change the law, but currently they don't have to label meat processed this way. The process may be used on as much as 50% of the steaks sold in Canadian supermarkets. This is done in the US too as far as I know.

So you can't just assume you can safely cook that steak to rare if you don't know how it was handled, sadly. I buy direct from a farmer and know for sure that her butcher doesn't do that, so I love my bloody steaks, but it's something to be aware of if you're buying at the meat counter (particularly on cheaper cuts).

Oooooh thats an interesting point.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Well, personally, I am just not appetized by the idea of chewing on a used tampon or anything else that seems to approximate that experience. Steak tastes like menstrual blood to me, and my response to that is: NOPE
    lolol
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

KotikBegemotik is offline Senior Member
    I'm currently into my second week of Primal eating. I have, numerous times, explained the Primal way of eating to SO.

This morning after a filling breakfast of bacon and eggs topped with hollandaise sauce, I ask him if he wants anything else. (Tall men seem to have tall appetites.) I rattle off a list of things that wouldn't take too long to prep.

When I get to avocados, he looks at me and asks: "Did cavemen even know how to open those?"

*headdesk*
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill

"Keep Calm and Carry On"-British Wartime Poster

"Don't Panic"
    -H2G2

SteveO is online now Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    i am in your office, shifting your paradigm
    win :-)
    Last edited by SteveO; 10-27-2012 at 08:57 PM.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Discussing Paleo on FB tonight and a woman chimes in that cave men did not eat meat, they were Vegetarians till farming came along and taught them how to kill animals......... sigh. Steak should be warmed to room temp, walked past the fire and slapped on a plate. if it gets hotter than that you have over cooked it for me.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Burn her, burn her to the ground.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat