Page 572 of 873 FirstFirst ... 72472522562570571572573574582622672 ... LastLast
Results 5,711 to 5,720 of 8727

Thread: Funny CW moments page 572

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    none of you are invited, philistines
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Who said we needed an invitation? Steak invasion...like home invasion except all the blood is on your plate.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    you mock my pain and then steal my food?!

bawwww!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i feel this puffed up need to defend my steak cooking skills, but this is the internet

so i won't
    YMMV.

it was not a dig on your mad skilz.. it was a dig on my lack of love for teh A1 and H57
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    When mom bitches about how her meat is dry or lacks flavor, my father, sister and I all remind her that she's the one that chose to have all it's natural sauce cooked out of it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Who said we needed an invitation? Steak invasion...like home invasion except all the blood is on your plate.
    It could be a steak rave! lol
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

BearsBeetsBG is offline Junior Member
    Growing up my dad always insisted on having EVERY meat well done. Even steaks
    He had had food poisoning one too many times in his life, and was seriously paranoid it would happen again.

About the time I was in high school, I took over grilling duty, and made the steaks medium. He'd throw his back on, but the rest of us had yummy juicy steaks.

Now (more than a decade later...) I like them more medium-rare. Dad's loosened up, and will happily eat a steak that's pink in the middle - but never red.

I have to admit, though, I always liked the flavor of ketchup and steak. The salty meaty flavor of the meat and the sweet tangy ketchup all mixed together? Yum. But, I'll admit that a good steak does not NEED it. I just like it. A-1, though I don't like. And I don't see why it's acceptable (in some people's eyes) to use A-1 and not ketchup. Sauce is sauce.
    ~Jen~

OSW (1/6/12) - 230
    PSW (9/10/12) - 224
    CW (12/5/12) - 208
    GW - 160

ezeflier is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    I realize it's not going to make me popular to say this, but I genuinely do not like the taste of steak. It just tastes like blood to me, and the less cooked it is, the worse it is. So well-done-with-ketchup is the only way I can choke it down.

Judge me if you want. But I'm not going to eat something cooked in a way that tastes horrible to me just to make other people happy.
    It's all in your head... What's wrong with something tasting a bit like blood? Hello! It's primal!! Rawr...

Cheers,

Matt-

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BearsBeetsBG View Post
    Growing up my dad always insisted on having EVERY meat well done. Even steaks
    He had had food poisoning one too many times in his life, and was seriously paranoid it would happen again.

About the time I was in high school, I took over grilling duty, and made the steaks medium. He'd throw his back on, but the rest of us had yummy juicy steaks.

Now (more than a decade later...) I like them more medium-rare. Dad's loosened up, and will happily eat a steak that's pink in the middle - but never red.

I have to admit, though, I always liked the flavor of ketchup and steak. The salty meaty flavor of the meat and the sweet tangy ketchup all mixed together? Yum. But, I'll admit that a good steak does not NEED it. I just like it. A-1, though I don't like. And I don't see why it's acceptable (in some people's eyes) to use A-1 and not ketchup. Sauce is sauce.
    True story: With beef (and prolly all red meats, including lamb and venison), unless the meat is rotting, bacteria only grows on the cut surfaces of the meat. So so long as a steak is nicely seared on all sides you're fine.

GROUND meat, though, of course, is a completely different story. Practically the entire thing is cut surface area. That's why hamburger meat is most often tied to e.coli outbreaks.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezeflier View Post
    It's all in your head... What's wrong with something tasting a bit like blood? Hello! It's primal!! Rawr...
    Well, personally, I am just not appetized by the idea of chewing on a used tampon or anything else that seems to approximate that experience. Steak tastes like menstrual blood to me, and my response to that is: NOPE

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -