Page 570 of 880 FirstFirst ... 70470520560568569570571572580620670 ... LastLast
Results 5,691 to 5,700 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 570

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Thanks, Finnegans Wake. I think this was what I was trying to express when I mentioned my dislike for "the dip".

I am not saying I never dip foods. Chicken and mayo...my god, what would life be like without it? I am saying that too often, though, these things (bottled ranch dressing, ridiculously sweet ketchups) are used to mask the terrible, bland food we foist on the kids. And it's become so very ubiquitous...I dunno. My idealism is showing, I know, and in three years I'll come back to this thread and respond with a YOU WERE RIGHT YOU WERE ALL RIGHT. but it's unsettling how often I see kids who will refuse to eat without their "dip".
    I have seen dipping be such a habit.. you can the most flavorful perfectly seasoned meat that makes your mouth water and a philistine put catsup on it..UGH!!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I have seen dipping be such a habit.. you can the most flavorful perfectly seasoned meat that makes your mouth water and a philistine put catsup on it..UGH!!!
    Only thing worse than ordering a steak well done is ordering it well done and dumping ketchup on it. Barf.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Only thing worse than ordering a steak well done is ordering it well done and dumping ketchup on it. Barf.
    true that!!
    Karin

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    I was married before. Amongst his numerous failings, was the fact that the man would put KETCHUP on PRIME RIB.

OMFG.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    I realize it's not going to make me popular to say this, but I genuinely do not like the taste of steak. It just tastes like blood to me, and the less cooked it is, the worse it is. So well-done-with-ketchup is the only way I can choke it down.

Judge me if you want. But I'm not going to eat something cooked in a way that tastes horrible to me just to make other people happy.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    I realize it's not going to make me popular to say this, but I genuinely do not like the taste of steak. It just tastes like blood to me, and the less cooked it is, the worse it is. So well-done-with-ketchup is the only way I can choke it down.

Judge me if you want. But I'm not going to eat something cooked in a way that tastes horrible to me just to make other people happy.
    not judging, just asking.. why do you eat it then if you do not like it? Its not a requirement There are lots of other meats out there that are tasty. Is it just steak, or beef all together?
    Karin

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    not judging, just asking.. why do you eat it then if you do not like it?
    I don't, unless I don't really have a choice. Occasionally, I am at someone's house and they are serving steaks, or I get one in my box-o-meat from the butcher. But lately I just give raw steak to my cats instead of choking it down myself. They like it.

Is it just steak, or beef all together?
    I like ground sirloin, and I use it often for shepherd's pie. I wouldn't want to eat it straight, but it's good when it's cooked in a flavorful sauce with vegetables.

As far as meat goes, though, I much prefer pork. Which is fine with me because it's a lot cheaper.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I like steak, but I REALLY like it with a little bit of chipotle butter on top.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I like steak, but I REALLY like it with a little bit of chipotle butter on top.
    a lovely way to season
    Karin

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    a-1 for life
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!