Page 569 of 887 FirstFirst ... 69469519559567568569570571579619669 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,690 of 8869

Thread: Funny CW moments page 569

HeatherJ is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Overheard last night in Mothercare (a maternity/children's store):

Woman at register buying clothes for her ?granddaughter, eyeing the milk chocolate lollies on the counter next to the till: "Do you have these in white chocolate? Milk makes her hyper."

I so badly wanted to look over and tell her, "You do know white chocolate is made with milk solids as well?!" Gah! The ignorance! Is astounding!

PoisonApple is offline Senior Member
    Speaking of ketchup... Is Your Ketchup Worth the Money? (It Might Not Be) | Financially Fit - Yahoo! Shine
    A ketchup counterfeiting operation in New Jersey is making consumers think twice about what they're putting on their food.
    Proud Bangmaid since August 2009

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Dipping sauces are just another dumbing-down culinary trend that I've seen grow over the past 30 years or so. I think that even beyond masking bad food or bland food, it's part of the trend for food makers to pump out addictive crap made from cheap sweeteners and industrial oils that circumvent our satiety and make us gorge liked coked-up monkeys. They'll keep coming back like addicts, and we'll keep making money off their mania for cheap food, FTW!
    Thanks, Finnegans Wake. I think this was what I was trying to express when I mentioned my dislike for "the dip".

I am not saying I never dip foods. Chicken and mayo...my god, what would life be like without it? I am saying that too often, though, these things (bottled ranch dressing, ridiculously sweet ketchups) are used to mask the terrible, bland food we foist on the kids. And it's become so very ubiquitous...I dunno. My idealism is showing, I know, and in three years I'll come back to this thread and respond with a YOU WERE RIGHT YOU WERE ALL RIGHT. but it's unsettling how often I see kids who will refuse to eat without their "dip".

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Thanks, Finnegans Wake. I think this was what I was trying to express when I mentioned my dislike for "the dip".

I am not saying I never dip foods. Chicken and mayo...my god, what would life be like without it? I am saying that too often, though, these things (bottled ranch dressing, ridiculously sweet ketchups) are used to mask the terrible, bland food we foist on the kids. And it's become so very ubiquitous...I dunno. My idealism is showing, I know, and in three years I'll come back to this thread and respond with a YOU WERE RIGHT YOU WERE ALL RIGHT. but it's unsettling how often I see kids who will refuse to eat without their "dip".
    When I gave up meat to be a vegetarian, I would point out the tastelessness of a hamburger and say that who needed it, it was tasteless and vile anyway. It was the sauces that made the difference. Then I went Primal and ate grassfed beef... and found out it was the sauces that were vile and the meat the best part.

On the other side of that, there is a Cooks Illustrated or Cooks Country recipe for Pan Fried Sole with Lemon butter Herb Sauce that we adapt for primal that is OMG good.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I did not realize cats had to cook their mice....
    Well, they DO usually come warm.

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    Planters | NUT•rition Peanut Butter

This... and someone having a "house party" sponsored by NUT-rition PB, chattering about how HEALTHY it is!

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    Planters | NUT•rition Peanut Butter

This... and someone having a "house party" sponsored by NUT-rition PB, chattering about how HEALTHY it is!
    That is a crime. Marketing something as a health food when the second ingredient is sugar (at least in the banana variety) and it has trans-fat. Of course the label says "0g Trans fat", but it contains hydrogenated vegetable oils.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    McDonald's being allowed to claim their new Fruitizz as part of the UK 5 a day...
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

abbyful is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    That is a crime. Marketing something as a health food when the second ingredient is sugar (at least in the banana variety) and it has trans-fat. Of course the label says "0g Trans fat", but it contains hydrogenated vegetable oils.
    They don't taste that good either. They had samples at the grocery store last weekend. The berry one wasn't that bad taste-wise, but the banana one? Oh god, yuck! It had an overwhelmingly fake-banana taste, like peanut butter mixed with banana Laffy Taffy.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by abbyful View Post
    They don't taste that good either. They had samples at the grocery store last weekend. The berry one wasn't that bad taste-wise, but the banana one? Oh god, yuck! It had an overwhelmingly fake-banana taste, like peanut butter mixed with banana Laffy Taffy.
    Im not gonna lie, I kinda love fake banana flavor. It tastes nothing like banana, but something about it....

Although, in college, we learned that the chemical structure for it is SO SIMPLE we could MAKE IT, ourselves, in chemistry lab. That mental association of our dirty chemistry lab--covered with rusted metal fixtures and splashes of poisons--and something that was supposed to be edible really squicked me out.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!