Page 568 of 841 FirstFirst ... 68468518558566567568569570578618668 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,680 of 8405

Thread: Funny CW moments page 568

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    oooh *hands up*.. expiration dates freak me out, "too old" flips me out..its a personal issue stemming from CW I have not been able to conquer.
    Me neither.. Once something starts getting a couple of days from experation, my subconscious starts telling my nose that it doesn't smell "right". I usually buy no more food than I can eat over the next 3 or 4 days to prevent it from happening. Got some bacon in the fridge right now that my nose is telling me is "cuspy", but my wife is telling me "smells like bacon".
    Last edited by tcb; 10-19-2012 at 01:41 PM.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcb View Post
    Me neither.. Once something starts getting a couple of days from experation, my subconscious starts telling my nose that it doesn't smell "right". I usually buy no more food than I can eat over the next 3 or 4 days to prevent it from happening. Got some bacon in the fridge right now that my nose is telling me is "cuspy", but my wife is telling me "smells like bacon".
    I think we are long lost relatives..LOL My fridge is usually pretty empty for this reason. My mother is like, "You have no food!!!" *facepalm*
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    we've eaten some pretty questionable things in our house... and if I told you how far past the expiration date (or CW's "you should use no more than X days after cooking" date...), you might need smelling salts.
    lol.. probably. Co-workers think I am nuts. They shrug at use by/best by or expiration dates
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    It's OK, I have a friend who freaked out that her cat was going to get sick as he had licked some raw chicken. I did not realize cats had to cook their mice....

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I love my mother dearly, but she was the one that instilled "pink is bad" into me for all forms of meat. I was in my late teens before my dad got me to try something cooked medium. The idea that meat didn't hafta be a hockey puck was a novel concept. That was around the time I gave up ketchup, come to think of it, was around the time I started opting for meat, not charcoal.
    I am trying to work on this one with my girlfriend. She did say yesterday that she'd rather eat something undercooked (read: medium well...I'm not kidding) than something bland, so that's a start. We had dinner with her family recently and they all had paper-thin, extremely well done steaks so I guess I found the root cause.
    Ed W. Age:35 Height: 6'4"
    SW: 289 (1/1/12) CW: 195 (11/1/12) GW: < 200 (Hit 198 on 10/3/12) Now onto body comp.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueTII View Post
    I am trying to work on this one with my girlfriend. She did say yesterday that she'd rather eat something undercooked (read: medium well...I'm not kidding) than something bland, so that's a start. We had dinner with her family recently and they all had paper-thin, extremely well done steaks so I guess I found the root cause.
    Oh my GOD, WHAT THE HELL is up with these "thin cut steaks"? I mean, Ive only really been cooking for the last...year and a half, but in that time they have noticeably become more common at the grocery store. And they are LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE to cook properly. I tried a "thin cut" ribeye the other day, figuring that since it was fatty and more tender than the other cuts it wouldnt be that bad, especially if I just seared it quickly on each side. NOPE. Came out leathery and terrible.

I ate it, cause, you know, an animal died for that travesty, but will never get that shit again.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Darbyfett is offline Member
    I can understand cutting ketchup, ranch etc for dipping. But I don't care how amazingly cooked a meal is, if Cholula or Sriracha is within my reach, it's going on the food. And kielbasa and sauerkraut without mustard? BAH!

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    is food edible without dippers?

yes.

do i want to eat it without dippers?

no.
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    This is totally CW.
    The idea that raw meat/fish is dangerous, that things must be refrigerated CONSTANTLY, thrown out after an arbitrary number of days, etc... just use your sense and sensibility, and remember that exposure to some "ickies" actually strengthens your immune system (novel concept, I know).

Overheard this weekend: "well, this yogurt's been out of the fridge for 3 hours, so I should probably toss it, just to be safe."
    O_o huh?
    OH, NOES!!!! It might have a few thousand more bacteria than the millions it had four hours ago!

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    Oh my GOD, WHAT THE HELL is up with these "thin cut steaks"? I mean, Ive only really been cooking for the last...year and a half, but in that time they have noticeably become more common at the grocery store. And they are LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE to cook properly. I tried a "thin cut" ribeye the other day, figuring that since it was fatty and more tender than the other cuts it wouldnt be that bad, especially if I just seared it quickly on each side. NOPE. Came out leathery and terrible.

I ate it, cause, you know, an animal died for that travesty, but will never get that shit again.
    I have to say, however, that the one time she bought us steaks, they were about 1.5" thick ribeyes. Maybe we should teach her family a thing or two!
    Ed W. Age:35 Height: 6'4"
    SW: 289 (1/1/12) CW: 195 (11/1/12) GW: < 200 (Hit 198 on 10/3/12) Now onto body comp.