Page 563 of 839 FirstFirst ... 63463513553561562563564565573613663 ... LastLast
Results 5,621 to 5,630 of 8381

Thread: Funny CW moments page 563

zosha is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Seriously. I'm a grad student in the PHYSIOLOGY department. We're required to go to these seminars every week or so, where they serve cookies. Nasty ones too - those sandwich cookies with the goo in the middle.

Evita is offline Senior Member
    Visiting a family friend who just had a valve replaced/open heart surgery. Once he was given the "OK" to eat post surgery, his hospital meals were chock full of inflammatory grain options and processed BS. No wonder he still feels like shit, and will continue to since that his new prescribed "heart healthy" diet will consist of just that.

Also, he is diabetic and they are perplexed to why is sugar is high after eating a carbohydrate laden meal with fruit juice and ginger ale...........folks hes going to need more than 1 hour to process that load.

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Just had a health check up thing at work.

Briefly spoke to the Diabetes info guy, and (probably because I'm zero risk) we agreed to disagree. He was happy that I was eating a lot of vegetables, but then we had butted heads over lean meat. He showed me a big fatty lamb chop and I told him how awesome that was. He pulled a face, I pulled a face.

Overall I think he was just happy that I wasn't eating myself into an early grave.
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    Just had a health check up thing at work.

Briefly spoke to the Diabetes info guy, and (probably because I'm zero risk) we agreed to disagree. He was happy that I was eating a lot of vegetables, but then we had butted heads over lean meat. He showed me a big fatty lamb chop and I told him how awesome that was. He pulled a face, I pulled a face.

Overall I think he was just happy that I wasn't eating myself into an early grave.
    I'm trying to figure out how a big fatty lamb chop is going to give you diabetes.

Someday they'll figure it out...
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Trifith is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how a big fatty lamb chop is going to give you diabetes.

Because of all the fat of course. Don't you know that, unlike complex carbs, fat is turned into pure sugar in the bloodstream, where it can caramelize in the heart and kill you? </sarcasam>
    Warning: I'm an anarcho-capitalist political activist. It gets into everything.

Journal

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post

Tragically, I can understand (or at least identify) their logic:

"Fat people have diabetes, that must mean that getting fat gives you diabetes, and we all know that eating fat makes you fat!"

....yeah....
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    I know a man at work that was diagnosed with Crohn's disease... rather than any sort of dietary restriction, he is now on the "strongest" antibiotic one can get, and expects to be on it FOREVER.

Yesterday, I observed him eating, for lunch, BBQ potato chips, ritz crackers, and a can of Coke.

There is so many layers of wrong going on here,...

chumbert is offline Member
    I found a pretty good "simple" explanation regarding eating bread on a caloric forum...

"Do you remember making paste for paper mache in school? You mix flour and water and make a kind of glue. When you eat flour products you are filling your gut with this glue, and in your gut are all these microscopic fingers lining your intestine; consuming 'glue', gums all those fingers up making it nearly impossible for nutrition to enter your blood stream. Consuming it day after day, builds it up, and voila, you don't eliminate as well, feel as well, etc. etc.."

I know that is not exactly scientific, but I would use it as a quick answer...
    It makes me sad that people are trying hard to do the right thing but failing because they have the wrong information.
    Without question, bacon is the most interesting meat in the world, and if it were capable of original thought, we wouldn't even be having an election this November in America. We would simply appoint bacon as our forever leader and live dutifully under its rule.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chumbert View Post
    I know that is not exactly scientific, but I would use it as a quick answer...
    In my experience, most people don't care if something is true or not, just how vivid and scary it is.

How else do you think Fox News has so many viewers, and how else do you think vegetarians get so many recruits?

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

PoisonApple is offline Senior Member
    Come on now lets leave politics out of this discussion. We all know fox news isn't the only media outlet that doesn't always tell the truth.
    Proud Bangmaid since August 2009