Page 560 of 901 FirstFirst ... 60460510550558559560561562570610660 ... LastLast
Results 5,591 to 5,600 of 9004

Thread: Funny CW moments page 560

Uppy is offline Member
    Just read one of the Yahoo! Health articles about good carbs/bad carbs, and here's the last paragraph:

Q: Should I ever carbo-load?
    A: Consider it when you’re training competitively for a 90-plus-minute endurance event, says Roberta Anding, R.D., instructor at Baylor College of Medicine. “Carbs are exercising muscles’ preferred food,” she adds. But nix the prerace pasta bonanza: You can’t store that much extra glucose. Instead, up your carbs five days or so prior, to about 8 g per 2.2 pounds of body weight a day, and trim fat to avoid weight gain.

By that math, this is recommending I consume over 1,000g of carbs per day in the days leading up to my event. That's a kilogram. Or 2.2 lbs.

"Fetch me my sugar bag and my funnel!"

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    "Fetch me my sugar bag and my funnel!"
    hahahahahaha
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

JessQG is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sires6 View Post
    I buy my milk powdered from Wilderness Family Naturals. Cheaper and it is the best. I use a huge amount in my morning tea to fill me up and give me that coconut go to feeling!

Thanks for sharing! I just ordered a few samples to try.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Recently I posted about my stepson getting grief from his teached about the nakd bar he brought in. He has now been told he is not allowed to breing any more as they are unhealthy.

Teacher visit time!
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

NeoSapien is offline Junior Member
    Man, I can't wait to have kids so I can open up a can on the school lunch Nazis, Uncle Buck style.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
    Recently I posted about my stepson getting grief from his teached about the nakd bar he brought in. He has now been told he is not allowed to breing any more as they are unhealthy.

Teacher visit time!
    I would love to see video of this! Any way you can sneak in a spycam?
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    I was just at the local independent grocery store, getting some bacon (cause I didnt have time to hit up the butcher as well). While I was waiting, a kid about...12 or 13 comes up to the meat counter and asks the guys there for "hamburgers and buns." They pointed him to the trays of ground meat (grass-fed, incidentally). He looked genuinely perplexed. I heard one of the guys trying to explain to him that the ground meat is made INTO hamburgers. The kid didnt seem to believe him. I walked away before I could hear the end of the exchange, but as I was checking out at the front, the same kid got into line behind me. His purchase? Just a bag of buns, no meat.

I can only imagine the face-palm his parent(s) will do when he gets home.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    His purchase? Just a bag of buns, no meat.

I can only imagine the face-palm his parent(s) will do when he gets home.
    He's probably used to teeny tiny circles of meat, like at McD's, and figured the meat was somewhere inside those buns.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Heehee! Corvidae, your paleo bloggity gifs are crackin' me up!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Grokdaddy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post

Teacher visit time!
    My beat has me working in the schools. I see what the school administrators eat and drink i.e. sugary "energy" drinks, cookies, muffins and what not. Yup they should be advising our kids on what is healthy and what isn't (sarcasm).
    All time high weight 262 lbs
    Primal since Spring 2012
    Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
    Current Weight: 220lbs ish
    Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
    All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.