Page 559 of 887 FirstFirst ... 59459509549557558559560561569609659 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,590 of 8869

Thread: Funny CW moments page 559

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I was feeling desperate for coconut milk.
    I buy my milk powdered from Wilderness Family Naturals. Cheaper and it is the best. I use a huge amount in my morning tea to fill me up and give me that coconut go to feeling!
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Powdered, eh? Oh cool! I forgot about that site, saw it for the first time recently. Definitely has some wish list items for me.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Mixes up with hot water best. Yum... time for coconut chai...
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    My BF entered a bike race and was given a welcome pack with an energy gel thing in it.
    The packet claims several, ahem, interesting claims.

It's 'low GI'
    It won't affect your blood sugar
    It will give you 2 hours of continuous energy
    If you planning on a big race you should consume these packets for a few days before the race, several times a day.
    It has 47g of sugars per 50g serve.

*cough*

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    So something meant to spike your blood sugar doesn't spike your blood sugar?
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    So something meant to spike your blood sugar doesn't spike your blood sugar?
    No silly, you get a two hour energy boost, without a blood sugar spike. That's what the packet said.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    My BF entered a bike race and was given a welcome pack with an energy gel thing in it.
    The packet claims several, ahem, interesting claims.

It's 'low GI'
    It won't affect your blood sugar
    It will give you 2 hours of continuous energy
    If you planning on a big race you should consume these packets for a few days before the race, several times a day.
    It has 47g of sugars per 50g serve.

*cough*
    I'll say this, I was dying on my ass during a mtb marathon last month, someone gave me a couple of the jellies and they definitely helped me get to the next feed station. In that case they had their use!
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
    I'll say this, I was dying on my ass during a mtb marathon last month, someone gave me a couple of the jellies and they definitely helped me get to the next feed station. In that case they had their use!
    Yeah, I've been having a lot of problems lately "hitting the wall" while dancing. Ive been talking to a serious-workout friend who is not paleo but is still pro-real, whole foods and he encouraged me to reevaluate my carb load. Turns out I was barely even hitting 50g, so I've had to consciously force myself to up my intake (in the form of sweet potatoes and white rice, primarily) and my performance has improved.

Gels and stuff can probably claim to not spike your blood sugar cause if you take them RIGHT BEFORE or WHILE doing serious workouts, the sugar gets used up by your cells right away. If I was still doing half marathons, I wouldnt have a problem popping a gummy or two if I needed a boost, since its hard to carry a cooked sweet potato in your running pouch. But in the days leading up to said serious workout, I think the far healthier option would be to have sweet potatoes or white rice to build up your glycogen stores, instead of sucking those things down, because in those days it WOULD spike your blood sugar :P
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Grokdaddy is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday we had a grand opening of the building where I work. There was a breakfast for all of the big wigs with eggs, bacon, sausage and fruit. Later on after the breakfast there was plenty of food left over and free for the taking. Today my supervisor and another officer were speaking about the food. They were complaining about how much sausage and bacon they had eaten and how it was so unhealthy yadda yadda. But I also watched that same supervisor making several trips to the left over cookies 8 o'clock this morning again and again and again without ever complaining about the cookies. Only if they knew.
    All time high weight 262 lbs
    Primal since Spring 2012
    Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
    Current Weight: 220lbs ish
    Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
    All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokdaddy View Post
    Yesterday we had a grand opening of the building where I work. There was a breakfast for all of the big wigs with eggs, bacon, sausage and fruit. Later on after the breakfast there was plenty of food left over and free for the taking. Today my supervisor and another officer were speaking about the food. They were complaining about how much sausage and bacon they had eaten and how it was so unhealthy yadda yadda. But I also watched that same supervisor making several trips to the left over cookies 8 o'clock this morning again and again and again without ever complaining about the cookies. Only if they knew.
    They know. Deep down in that bottomless belly button, they know.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.