Page 558 of 887 FirstFirst ... 58458508548556557558559560568608658 ... LastLast
Results 5,571 to 5,580 of 8869

Thread: Funny CW moments page 558

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    We have two compost bins in the back yard, filled with happy, hungry worms who take care of all our veggie and fruit trimmings.

We use reusable bags for shopping, including some very light net bags for produce, and some denser mesh bags for nuts/seeds.

We never buy bottled water - we go to a natural artesian spring and fill water cooler bottles for our drinking/cooking water (it tastes so much better, and no chlorine!), we don't drink soda.

We have curbside recycling for cardboard, paper, cans, plastic bottles. We save up glass and then run it over town to the recycle place.

We probably still fill one tall kitchen sack per week. *sigh*

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Haha, I may have already posted about this somewhere, can't remember... A guy walks into my work and asks for a "healthy snack". I work at Cracker Barrel btw. I told him to order a some grilled chicken tenders from the restaurant, that it was healthy, and would be just as fast. He said, no... I think I will just order one of your blueberry muffins (which are said to contain 1250 calories) and also bought a big bag of pretzels... and a diet soda of course.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jena View Post
    Haha, I may have already posted about this somewhere, can't remember... A guy walks into my work and asks for a "healthy snack". I work at Cracker Barrel btw. I told him to order a some grilled chicken tenders from the restaurant, that it was healthy, and would be just as fast. He said, no... I think I will just order one of your blueberry muffins (which are said to contain 1250 calories) and also bought a big bag of pretzels... and a diet soda of course.
    LOL... when I think of a healthy snack at CB it's the Eggs, bacon, and tomato only plate.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    New Coco Pops ad doing the rounds. Shows a box of Coco Pops hugging a bottle of milk labelled 'Lite Milk' with the caption 'Friends forever' or some BS like this.

Sign underneath the date shelf at the supermarket proclaims 'High in fibre, Cholesterol and fat free!'.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Apparently even those can be quite inaccurate. Remember this post?
    The Value of Lab Values | Mark's Daily Apple

I think DEXA is probably the most accurate method. Other than autoposy. Autopsy is definitely the way to go.
    Mind if I get a vivisection instead? I just really don't feel like dying in order to get my fat measured.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Just walked past my colleague there and I'm carrying my lunch. Now this is my coming out of IF food, a big heaving plate of tongue, veggies and 3 scrambled eggs.

Colleague: "How are you not fat with the amount of food you eat"
    Me: "I keep telling you, it's not the quantity but the CONTENT!"
    Colleague: "oh"
    Me: "Do you think it's a fluke that I can eat this much and not be fat?"
    Colleague: .....
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

And another one!

Stepson goes to school the other day with a naked bar in his lunchbox. He opens it up an dhis teacher tells him he can't eat it as chocolate bars are not allowed!

N?kd Cocoa Orange | A Chocolaty Orange Bar | Natural Balance Foods

All she had to do was take a look at it.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    And I bet it would be perfectly acceptable for him to have "fruit" snacks or a chocolate chip granola bar.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    And I bet it would be perfectly acceptable for him to have "fruit" snacks or a chocolate chip granola bar.
    A leaflet comes out at the start of term. Encouraged foods - pasta, whole grain bread, cereal for breakfast etc etc blah blah blether.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was feeling desperate for coconut milk. I usually buy TJ's light coconut milk because it's only $.99 per can. I gave in and bought 4 cans of the Coconut Cream (even though it has additives like CELLULOSE). It ruined my chai, it smelled and tasted like wood pulp! I tried a little plain, the texture was wonderful, but ick! Not like coconut milk at all! Fortunately, Trader Joe's has a very liberal return policy, so I brought all 4 back, even the opened one. When I told them why I didn't like it, they didn't seem to hear me. When I told them I bought it because I wanted something with more fat, they said, "Have you tried our light coconut milk?" I don't think they comprehended what I was saying =P
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).