Results 5,551 to 5,560 of 9007

Thread: Funny CW moments page 556

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Mmm. Grass-fed fish.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Mmm. Grass-fed fish.
    LOL... actually, if you eat any tilapia it almost qualifies since it gill filters algae.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    I got my height/weight BF% measured by a BUPA consultant woman. I got 19.2% which I was pleased with (I'm a chick). I told the woman i'd like to get to about 18% and gain muscle. Her expression was all shocked and she said 'oh no you shouldn't do that'. I asked why. She told me 'because you'll stop menstrating'.

Face/desk. Seriously? Its not like i'm already super cut. It's not like I told her I wanted to lose weight! I did actually say that I didn't believe a woman loses her period until she gets to about 12% or lower ( I think?), but she shrugged this off and told me I shouldn't go any lower and that I was 'underweight' with regards to BF%.

Wow, well done BUPA. Maybe they shouldn't be hiring overweight old ladies to provide people with body comp advice.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    I got my height/weight BF% measured by a BUPA consultant woman. I got 19.2% which I was pleased with (I'm a chick). I told the woman i'd like to get to about 18% and gain muscle. Her expression was all shocked and she said 'oh no you shouldn't do that'. I asked why. She told me 'because you'll stop menstrating'.

Face/desk. Seriously? Its not like i'm already super cut. It's not like I told her I wanted to lose weight! I did actually say that I didn't believe a woman loses her period until she gets to about 12% or lower ( I think?), but she shrugged this off and told me I shouldn't go any lower and that I was 'underweight' with regards to BF%.

Wow, well done BUPA. Maybe they shouldn't be hiring overweight old ladies to provide people with body comp advice.
    To be fair, that is a vaild concern. When I hit 18% BF I lost my period. It depends on the person, really.

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    To be fair, that is a vaild concern. When I hit 18% BF I lost my period. It depends on the person, really.
    Really? I thought it had to be a lot lower for that to happen. Does it have anything to do with height and overall weight?

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    The real question is this: if a man got fat enough would the excess estrogen caused by said fat induce a hormonal cycle similar to that experienced by women of reproductive age?
    Or, in layman's terms, could angry fat guys just be PMSing?
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Really? I thought it had to be a lot lower for that to happen. Does it have anything to do with height and overall weight?
    Idk. But my body is medium-framed, so less fat would be worse for my body due to higher density and fat needs for adequate cell health. I also get stressed easily, so any additional stress such as lower BF % would worsen the stress and make me lose my period. It really depends.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    The real question is this: if a man got fat enough would the excess estrogen caused by said fat induce a hormonal cycle similar to that experienced by women of reproductive age?
    Or, in layman's terms, could angry fat guys just be PMSing?
    I always wondered the same thing XD

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Idk. But my body is medium-framed, so less fat would be worse for my body due to higher density and fat needs for adequate cell health. I also get stressed easily, so any additional stress such as lower BF % would worsen the stress and make me lose my period. It really depends.
    Hmm. I'm quite petite (hahaha, I'm short!) and not easily stressed, so I've no idea. I guess I'll just keep LHT and eating PB and cross that bridge when I get there

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hmm. I'm quite petite (hahaha, I'm short!) and not easily stressed, so I've no idea. I guess I'll just keep LHT and eating PB and cross that bridge when I get there
    Sounds good that you are listening to your body. I am just saying that the lady you talked to actually might something there in terms of saying how your period can disappear.