Page 554 of 900 FirstFirst ... 54454504544552553554555556564604654 ... LastLast
Results 5,531 to 5,540 of 8993

Thread: Funny CW moments page 554

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Big framed isn't big boned either. And big hands and feet can happen independently of either. Again, speaking from experience, I don't have particularly wide shoulders and my wrists are just under 7" in circumference (despite my height of 6'3.5") and yet I have extremely large hands and feet.
    Yeah, I think people are sort of a... mix. I am very short, with small wrists (I had to measure them to buy wrist guards and they were small enough to buy "junior" sized), scrawny feet and hands, and comparatively broad shoulders. Go figure. I've also always had pretty solid legs, and I'm pretty sure that there's no genetic way they could EVER be skinny, because those bones seem pretty darn solid.

So yeah, in a way "big boned" is sort of a misnomer of a term, as people are all just structured differently. Someone who is narrower, could actually have more solid bones, but be less broad than someone else.

Anyway, if someone ever calls me "big boned" now, my general response is to say, "Nah, I'm just fat"... I'd rather call a spade a spade.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Jealous! You must have an amazing raw deadlift grip
    I can deadlift about 1.5 times my weight but my hands can hold twice my bodyweight (at least). Unfortunately I will never do a powerlifting meet because regular deadlifts are impossible for me. It's a combination of my height and hip structure. I can sumo deadlift quite well though.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    I must just be fucked, then, because I do have all of the above. Wide hips and shoulders, huge hands and feet, thick ankles/knees/elbows/wrists, huge head, etc. Small waist, though, so there's that at least.

Anyway, I do still have too much body fat for my liking, but I also have huge bones. I am always going to. Ain't nothing I can do about that. And having huge thick everything makes me look fatter than I really am because I am visually large. In reality, my BF% is around 25%.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I can deadlift about 1.5 times my weight but my hands can hold twice my bodyweight (at least). Unfortunately I will never do a powerlifting meet because regular deadlifts are impossible for me. It's a combination of my height and hip structure. I can sumo deadlift quite well though.
    Awwww. Eh, at least it's comforting to say that you can deadlift whatever you do, raw. I can only grip around 1.1x bodyweight, and then it starts to slip >.> I hate having tiny, weak hands haha.

What's your hip structure like? My boyfriend is over 6'2" and he can deadlift 4 plate (trained for like half a year to get to it) so I'm sure you could probably do the same?

I have slightly wider hips than the average guy and the joints don't allow me to put my legs narrow enough to grip outside of them and still reach the bar. But like I said I can sumo deadlift just fine and all that really matters is getting the weight off the ground, right?
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Makes sense to me. I haven't looked into alternate grips like sumo because the standard works for me. How does the sumo not screw up your hips?

Well my arms are going straight down and not out at an angle so there's more reach. I can also squat down about 3 inches farther without rounding my back when my legs are farther apart.

Arriviste is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    Oh hey all, not to thread-jack, but for people who love bitching about the ironic/frustrating things in paleo life (and celebrating the successes) i just started a paleo-themed gif-response tumblr:

What Should We Call Paleo Life

I believe it is relevant to our interests in this thread especially.
    I <3 this so bad, clever bird—especially Crossfit 'roo.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Awwww. Eh, at least it's comforting to say that you can deadlift whatever you do, raw. I can only grip around 1.1x bodyweight, and then it starts to slip >.> I hate having tiny, weak hands haha.
    Do you use a switch grip? That made a huge difference for me as I started getting up there for weight. Also, chalk helps, and if you have really small hands, you might see if you can find a women's bar (they are a little lighter at 33 lbs, but the diameter is also smaller--just put more plates on it!).
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have slightly wider hips than the average guy and the joints don't allow me to put my legs narrow enough to grip outside of them and still reach the bar. But like I said I can sumo deadlift just fine and all that really matters is getting the weight off the ground, right?
    This sounds like a problem of flexibility/mobility, actually. I know lots of tall men, even ones with unusual pelvic structures, and they can do a standard deadlift. I'd be interested to see what sort of form you have when you're attempting a standard deadlift, since you'd need to have a significant deformity and/or major inflexibility to not be able to do them at all.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal