Page 552 of 901 FirstFirst ... 52452502542550551552553554562602652 ... LastLast
Results 5,511 to 5,520 of 9007

Thread: Funny CW moments page 552

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I need to bitch.
    [...]
    Last time I help her with her health, I swear.
    Yup. Same experience with my mom. We both have hypothyroidism. About every 6 months, she asks what I'm doing, and I reiterate. She tries it for a week, then she starts adding toast back in ("but it's the skinny toast!"), and from there it's a quick slide into CW. It always ends with, "It's just too hard not to eat like a normal person!"

Last time she asked, I spent two hours composing a careful response, cobbling together some of Kurt Harris's stuff to send along. I figure -- if I can at least get her to stop using crappy seed oils, maybe I'll make gains in some small, measurable way. I do give her dire looks anytime I find vegetable oils and margarine in her pantry.

Last week we had her on speakerphone, and she babbled about how she used to eat so much fat when she was younger, "You know, before we found out how bad it was for us!" My husband nearly headdesked into the dashboard. It was adorable.

But I don't evangelize around mom anymore. I eat what I eat and carry on. I care about her enormously, but she is her own creature, and nothing I say or do will change her.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Ironic rather than funny: I watched my dear sister eat breakfast this morning - grainy toast, margarine and marmalade.

That just doesn't compare with my two-egg omelette, topped with butter-fried silverbeet and creamy cheese sauce which I had demolished earlier.

The irony is that my eggs come from HER free range chickens.

Grokdaddy is offline Senior Member
    It's funny when I tell CW folks I used to weight 262 pounds before I took my healthy seriously. Most ppl will respond by saying, "you were 262 lbs.? You didn't look like you weighed 262. Oh you carried it well." What? How the hell do you carry 262 lbs on a 6 foot frame well? *smh* Oh the lies ppl tell oh the lies.
    All time high weight 262 lbs
    Primal since Spring 2012
    Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
    Current Weight: 220lbs ish
    Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
    All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokdaddy View Post
    It's funny when I tell CW folks I used to weight 262 pounds before I took my healthy seriously. Most ppl will respond by saying, "you were 262 lbs.? You didn't look like you weighed 262. Oh you carried it well." What? How the hell do you carry 262 lbs on a 6 foot frame well? *smh* Oh the lies ppl tell oh the lies.
    Oh yeah, when I was 210 lbs at 5'10" I used to get comments like, "Well, you're a big girl. You carry it well." and "You have big bones." Now that I am 145, I wear a size "Small" in Victoria's Secret tee shirts. I don't have big bones. I was just fat. Plain and simple.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Oh yeah, when I was 210 lbs at 5'10" I used to get comments like, "Well, you're a big girl. You carry it well." and "You have big bones." Now that I am 145, I wear a size "Small" in Victoria's Secret tee shirts. I don't have big bones. I was just fat. Plain and simple.
    I just want to point out that just because you don't have big bones doesn't mean no one does.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    I just want to point out that just because you don't have big bones doesn't mean no one does.
    And even then someone could have big bones without much density and be light as a feather, even though they look fat. Or they could have the opposite like me and go all wolverine on motorcycles.
    Bonus points if you got that reference.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Carmiel is offline Junior Member
    My daughter works at the same company as I do. She was a vegan for awhile and then decided that was too hard so she became a junk food vegetarian; in the last year she has packed on at least 50 pounds and is now grossly overweight. I figure it's her life so as a rule I don't talk with her about her food choices or her weight, I learned a long time ago that those subjects were off limits. This was a conversation she posted on facebook ( one of my co-workers forwarded it to me as my daughter unfriended me ages ago when I pointed out to her that it probably wasn't a good idea to complain about your co-workers on facebook.)

I had walked up to her desk and noticed a big bowl of lucky charms that she was munching on. Normally I just ignoredthese things but decided to say something this time. All I said was that they aren't very healthy, she immediately posted this on facebook:

Daughter - apparently my moms latest fad diet obsession involves hating on my lucky charms. I've been forced to hide them when she's around...

Co-worker - She just cares about your health. Not a bad thing. She could not care at all. Her diet seems to be working for her, maybe worth listening a little

Daughter - Naw, I'll wait and see what the next fad is. Personally I like my carbs, and I've taken enough biology classes to know that your body does need them.

Daughter - And lucky charms rule. Legit. They rule.

Daughters Cousin Chimes In - If she is doing a low carb diet, it works. I have lost 50 pounds so far since late April by eating the very little carbs and high fat. Most of your body can run on fat alone. True your brain does need to run on sugar, but it really only needs like 30 grams worth of carbs a day.

Daughter - She's on no carb diet. Your body needs carbs for the glucose, otherwise your cells have no energy and shut down. To think that your body doesn't need any carbs to survive is ridiculous and very unsafe.

Cousin - No carb is pretty tough to do. Even meat has something called glycogoen in it. Heck even eggs have about half a carb each. There is a process called neoglucogenesis where your body c...See More

Daughter - She's happy cause she's thin, which only took like a couple months of 500 calories a day. But she always tells me how tired she is, then lectures me on how the body doesn't need carbs to survive, it's like ummm...hello?

While I found this pretty hurtful it was an interesting look into her psych. I am eating Primal and have for about a year, I have lost 40 pounds and feel great. I don't complain about being tired although I have mentioned that I am sore (from the gym) from time to time. I certainly have never lectured her although I have encouraged her to read a couple books that I liked (she didn't.) Anyhow, I don't know that there is any hope for her until she finds she has diabetes or something (my ex, her dad, has diabetes) and then maybe she will do something about it, it makes me very sad.

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    ... Last time I help her with her health, I swear.
    Ditto with my other half. He's read TPB, The Paleo Soulution, Wheat Belly and seen my vast health improvement. He often comments about how he wishes he had my energy levels and complains about being tired/bloated/gassy/achy.

He's overweight and pre-diabetic; fasting blood # was 120 about 8 months ago. That got his attention enough to try Primal for a few months. He lost weight and started feeling a bunch better but quickly backslid - "just a little bread, missed his Raisin Bran, the chili verde isn't good without flour tortillas, just a candy bar once in a while, a Pepsi every so often won't hurt ....." - and on, and on, and on. He's pretty much back to full-blown CW and feels like shit again.

I give up. Maybe once he's crossed the line to real diabetes, when it'll be soooo much harder to turn around? Now I just I bite my tongue & dole out the aspirin, Alka Seltzer and Pepto Bismol. Gawd.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    And even then someone could have big bones without much density and be light as a feather, even though they look fat. Or they could have the opposite like me and go all wolverine on motorcycles.
    Bonus points if you got that reference.
    Fair point re big bones BUT big bones will not make you look fat. They may make you look bigger but not fatter.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Fair point re big bones BUT big bones will not make you look fat. They may make you look bigger but not fatter.
    Right. I was just talking about people using the term "big boned" as a trying-to-be-polite way of saying overweight.