Page 55 of 884 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155555 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 55

Enamel is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    wtf, having to eat nothing but PB&J sounds like self-punishment, not a way to get healthier. Then again, most 'diets' are like that, so it's no wonder they don't work in the end.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enamel View Post
    wtf, having to eat nothing but PB&J sounds like self-punishment, not a way to get healthier. Then again, most 'diets' are like that, so it's no wonder they don't work in the end.
    my dad ate a peanut butter sandwich for lunch every weekday for 40 years and loved it
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enamel View Post
    I've been missing PB&J for several years. It's just not the same on GF bread...and I used to eat at least one a day, half the time.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    I've been missing PB&J for several years. It's just not the same on GF bread...and I used to eat at least one a day, half the time.
    I miss the PB&J sandwiches Mom made for us: she'd toast and butter (well, margarine) the bread, then slather one piece with honey peanut butter and slather the other piece with strawberry jelly or jam. I've tried making it with oopsie rolls but you just can't get that toast crispness with an oopsie roll and the honey was crucial to the flavor.
    Did anyone else's mom do breakfast sandwiches? Buttered toast with scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, salsa, and cheese inside? God I loved those.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Enamel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    I used to love PB&J, so I can understand that - but literally eating the same thing every day would really get to me, haha.

I do miss bread sometimes, but only when I think about eggs and toast - my ultimate meal. So simple, yet so, so, so good. Now I just eat eggs by themselves and they taste great, but there's really nothing that can replace crunchy, buttery bread. I know there's a brand of gluten-free bread that is almost as good as 'real' bread, but I'd rather just remember eggs and toast fondly than buy it.

liza is offline Senior Member
    If the topic is PB&J I have nothing to say, but back to funny CW comments. . .

I've always been thin, and always eaten in a primal-esque way, naturally. Pasta, breads, grains, and the like never appealed to me, I always preferred and ate meats, vegetables, fruit. How many times people say to me, you're so lucky, you can eat what you want, and you don't get fat.

Well, yes, that's because of what I want to eat. They could be that lucky too.

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    I got my blood test results back from my doctor's office that said that people can increase HDL by decreasing carbohydrate consumption, which I was rather surprised (and pleased) to see! The rest of the letter, however, went on to advocate whole grain consumption, 'fruits and vegetables,' decreased saturated fat, and chronic cardio. *sigh*

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    A Facebook friend of mine posted that he was cutting out grains and amidst the congratulations someone posted this:

"Is there anyway you can get on Metformin? (Glucophage) I have that now and it kinda grabs my carbs, hides them so my body can't see them and sends them on their way out the back end. Publix fills that prescription for free. If you want I can probably get you a months worth so you can see if it works for you."

*facepalm*

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Oh, good. Now we can have people with half-digested pizza crusts flying out of their asses.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    my doc put me on metformin to help with insulin resistance. my instructions were to only take half a pill a day, and i did but the cut was uneven. i took the smaller half night 1, and the larger night 2. i spent night 2 puking

that's sort of a side effect

so sure, let's get everyone on met without proper dosage or instruction from a dr