Page 547 of 882 FirstFirst ... 47447497537545546547548549557597647 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,470 of 8815

Thread: Funny CW moments page 547

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Heath Canada considers corn a vegetable but if you make cornmeal or if you dry it and reheat it (popcorn) it magically transforms into a grain.

Facepalm.

PS so does the US my plate
    Last edited by Dirlot; 09-10-2012 at 06:28 AM.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I was pushing the devil out the back door a half hour ago! I hope with all my might this catches on.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Grokdaddy is offline Senior Member
    Today I was speaking with a colleague in his office (he is an educator) when I noticed a "collection" of Monster type of "energy" cans. I thought he took those from some students when he corrected me and said they were his and he got them on sale. Then were started talking about nutrition and what not. He starts to tell me how the one he was drinking at that moment was so nutritious cuz it had ginseng, B12, B2, B52 bomber, etc. He then tells me how he lost 30 pounds on the medifast diet (whatever that is) and how it was good cuz you used to hafta have "prescription" by a doctor to use it and it was mostly soy protein based, and how since it was "engineered foods" it has to be good for you yadda yadda. Although he admitted to gaining it all back and then some once he stopped. I told him about Primal/Paleo and the basics of it i.e. high fat low/no processed carbs and sugars, whole foods and how I am felling sooo much better on this for the first time in my adult life and how i have been steadily getting leaner. He immediately asked me what kind of protein powder and foods/supps I was suppose to take. Hello WHOLE FOODS only dude! He just gives me a blank stare for about 3 or 4 seconds. Then goes on about medifast. Thank God he is now a assistant principal and not a health teacher.
    All time high weight 262 lbs
    Primal since Spring 2012
    Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
    Current Weight: 220lbs ish
    Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
    All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Now I know I'm really primal- a friend posted a pic of a "healthy" vending machine with popcorn, pita chips, "whole grain", what looked like kashi bars, Mrs. Fields cookies (bet a low fat version) and "sparkling juice". I was like WTF, nothing healthy in that....

PrimalMama is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Now I know I'm really primal- a friend posted a pic of a "healthy" vending machine with popcorn, pita chips, "whole grain", what looked like kashi bars, Mrs. Fields cookies (bet a low fat version) and "sparkling juice". I was like WTF, nothing healthy in that....
    *facepalm* (but oh, how I love this thread)
    I believe I read something recently that said close to 100% of Kashi's stuff is GMO? It might've been an alternate universe, I'll admit, 'cause... WTF?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Well, I went to the fair last night. Got the deep fried craving out of my system for another year. After a few years of primal, half a funnel cake topped with fudge, strawberry pie topping, and powdered sugar+ a corn dog + 2 fried oreos + the tartest limeade at the fair and I'm good for the next while on junk food.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Deep fried craving? Just render some fat and make sweet potato chips.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I satisfy my deep fried cravings with crispy, pan-fried cheese in bacon grease.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Eh, I say "deep fried craving," I mean "junk food craving." I figure I'm doing good if it's only a one night binge 2 or 3 times a year. Each time the binges get a little further apart, so eventually, I'll be doing next to never.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    *facepalm* (but oh, how I love this thread)
    I believe I read something recently that said close to 100% of Kashi's stuff is GMO? It might've been an alternate universe, I'll admit, 'cause... WTF?
    Dang, really? Where? They do terrific marketing, then! O_o