Page 544 of 883 FirstFirst ... 44444494534542543544545546554594644 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,440 of 8823

Thread: Funny CW moments page 544

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Mother-in-law showed me some diet pills she has picked up. The back of the packet says that they mimic a low carb diet by stopping the carbs in your diet being digested properly. Reeallllyyyyy

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hulahoop View Post
    Mother-in-law showed me some diet pills she has picked up. The back of the packet says that they mimic a low carb diet by stopping the carbs in your diet being digested properly. Reeallllyyyyy
    Oh, yeah, my mom pimped some of those out to me right before I went primal. Then when i went primal I threw them away. She was like, "Well why not take them anyway, just in case?" I was like, "Cause id rather have a balanced diet thats naturally balanced, rather than trying to cheat with chemicals and whatnot." Her argument was they they were a "white bean" extract, so they couldnt be THAT bad. I was like, "Yeah and ricin is another bean extract and is one of the most toxic substances on the planet for humans."

Ive looked into it more and I highly suspect that those bean-based carb blockers are basically just pure lecithin. So...yeah no.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Silky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    Yes, go and eat the contents of all the packets growing on the trees!

Here's my absolute classic for the day:
    BBC News - Deep-fried Mars bars disowned by chocolate firm

The world would be a much less funny place if anyone at all at Mars had a sense of irony.

Lol sugary chocolate producer is concerned that deep frying it might compromise their "healthy image". Lack of irony indeed.

Well all that glucose does help you work, rest and play! I am possibly showing my age here. Not sure how they advertise now.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJecka View Post
    My vegan friend told me that I get mosquito bites because I eat animal products. She continued to say how because she is vegan that she doesn't get mosquito bites anymore.
    Having spent many many years of my life tramping in the great New Zealand outdoors, I have found that thiamine (Vitamin B1), seems to reduce/stop being eaten alive. The theory is that after taking this supplement for a couple of weeks, as a % is secreted through the skin, the little blighters don't like the taste. It works for me, however I also do NOT eat bananas for two/three weeks before heading out. Bananas apparently have the opposite effect ! Mozzies, etc... love the taste !
    Havn't been tramping since going Primal so not sure if thiamine is good for the body or not ?
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    Lol sugary chocolate producer is concerned that deep frying it might compromise their "healthy image". Lack of irony indeed.

Well all that glucose does help you work, rest and play! I am possibly showing my age here. Not sure how they advertise now.
    Seriously, my ex's dad was told years ago that he had high cholesterol, and his doctor told him to avoid anything with a lot of cholesterol. I promptly showed him a 3 Musketeers bar that proudly proclaimed it was low in cholesterol.

Yeah, so that makes it health food.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post

Here they've been proclaiming on the wrapper that it's an energy bar.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    A couple was "working out" when I went into the gym today. Only had half an hour or so, so I needed to bust my ass a little. The guy was on the vertical chest press machine, the girl on the incline machine. They were there when I walked in. I set up quick 5-exercise circuit using HEAVY weights and bodyweight exercises, and went around the circuit 4 times. They would lift 5-7 reps, then sit there for 5 minutes or more, then "lift" again, then rest forever, and at some point they switched machines. Had I wanted a machine I would've been irritated. Luckily, my circuit left me sweating through my shirt and my entire upper body on fire. The guy had some sort of bulky muscles and a belly that stuck out farther than his pecs. I look like I'm carved from marble. They were still there when I lef

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJecka View Post
    My vegan friend told me that I get mosquito bites because I eat animal products. She continued to say how because she is vegan that she doesn't get mosquito bites anymore.
    Uhhh whenever I feel healthy and awesome, the mosquitos love my blood. I think they like you based on the nutritional content of your blood

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    I eat a lot of garlic, and mosquitoes rarely touch me.

When they do, I just let them... and it rarely bothers me.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    A couple was "working out" when I went into the gym today. Only had half an hour or so, so I needed to bust my ass a little. The guy was on the vertical chest press machine, the girl on the incline machine. They were there when I walked in. I set up quick 5-exercise circuit using HEAVY weights and bodyweight exercises, and went around the circuit 4 times. They would lift 5-7 reps, then sit there for 5 minutes or more, then "lift" again, then rest forever, and at some point they switched machines. Had I wanted a machine I would've been irritated. Luckily, my circuit left me sweating through my shirt and my entire upper body on fire. The guy had some sort of bulky muscles and a belly that stuck out farther than his pecs. I look like I'm carved from marble. They were still there when I lef
    With heavy weights, 5 minutes is often a recommended rest period- Stronglifts starts the rest periods at 3 minutes, then says go to 5 when you need to. Those are not machine workouts, though, and there's no reason to bogart the machine/rack while resting.