Page 542 of 872 FirstFirst ... 42442492532540541542543544552592642 ... LastLast
Results 5,411 to 5,420 of 8718

Thread: Funny CW moments page 542

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    I'll just pull a fistful of $100 bills out of my ass...
    If you can pull a fistfull of $100 bills out of your ass, then I see us being good friends.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

PoisonApple is offline Senior Member
    I've read the past 150 pages or so.. funny stuff, friends.

I'm pregnant and have occasionally fallen off our primal wagon, and when I discuss my desire to jump back on, all I hear is a chorus of
    "you can't be on a diet anymore, not like that, you'll hurt the baby" *sigh* not a diet.
    "he won't get the right nutrients" said over a vast plate of veggies.
    "just have some oatmeal, it can't be that bad, it's only a few carbs" it tastes like paste, and last time i ate some, i swear i found a wood chip in it, completely inedible.

My favorite is when I get dirty looks for having some plain vanilla ice cream, but it's okay to eat toast and "healthy whole grain!"
    Proud Bangmaid since August 2009

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PoisonApple View Post
    I've read the past 150 pages or so.. funny stuff, friends.

I'm pregnant and have occasionally fallen off our primal wagon, and when I discuss my desire to jump back on, all I hear is a chorus of
    "you can't be on a diet anymore, not like that, you'll hurt the baby" *sigh* not a diet.
    "he won't get the right nutrients" said over a vast plate of veggies.
    "just have some oatmeal, it can't be that bad, it's only a few carbs" it tastes like paste, and last time i ate some, i swear i found a wood chip in it, completely inedible.

My favorite is when I get dirty looks for having some plain vanilla ice cream, but it's okay to eat toast and "healthy whole grain!"
    If you want to be hardcore about it, you could always carry around a breakdown of all the nutrients in a day of traditional primal eating versus an industrial diet. That'll shut 'em up.

I am also pregnant. No one's been critical of my food choices, but only about six people know (and no one on this forum counts ).

I'll admit it's harder to be primal during this time because...I'm just sooo, sooo tired. We're moving and I'm working overtime and sometimes, tacos just sound soo, soo good. And not the good tacos. Oh no. The craptastic tacos you only get at midnight in a drive-thru. Those are the ones I want.

PoisonApple is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I've realized that I should just keep it all to myself, failure and success. It's hard to fight the cravings and it just seems to get harder and harder. All I seem to want is either ice cream and pizza, or deli meat and cake. I'm glad my hubby is supportive and steers me in the right direction. But sometimes he's just as bad about staying on track.

Maybe I should just make a shirt... "No, I'm not killing my unborn baby by eating fat"
    Proud Bangmaid since August 2009

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonApple View Post
    Yeah I've realized that I should just keep it all to myself, failure and success. It's hard to fight the cravings and it just seems to get harder and harder. All I seem to want is either ice cream and pizza, or deli meat and cake. I'm glad my hubby is supportive and steers me in the right direction. But sometimes he's just as bad about staying on track.

Maybe I should just make a shirt... "No, I'm not killing my unborn baby by eating fat"
    Hell no. Even 15 years ago, when everyone in the family was eating Snackwell's and fat-free pasta, I remember my sister feeding her 8-month-old scrambled egg yolks and my mother chanting, "Babies need fat!"

My family -- smart in some ways, not smart in others.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post

I am also pregnant. No one's been critical of my food choices, but only about six people know (and no one on this forum counts ).

I'll admit it's harder to be primal during this time because...I'm just sooo, sooo tired. We're moving and I'm working overtime and sometimes, tacos just sound soo, soo good. And not the good tacos. Oh no. The craptastic tacos you only get at midnight in a drive-thru. Those are the ones I want.
    Ooh congrats to you.

I'll bet it's damned hard to be primal while pregnant.

Try to take it easy whenever you can, i.e. stop working overtime - you deserve it!
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Ooh congrats to you.

I'll bet it's damned hard to be primal while pregnant.

Try to take it easy whenever you can, i.e. stop working overtime - you deserve it!
    Thanks, p-b! And would love to not work overtime...I think we're coming out of the last of it, and honestly, the money is good, so I can't complain too much....

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Speaking of pregnancy, I found this awesome, informative article yesterday on pregnancy and ketosis:

Ketosis is a complication of dehydration, and a lack of carbohydrates (or glucose) for energy in the body. It is the result of the abnormal accumulation of ketone bodies in the blood stream, body tissues and urine.

Ketosis happens when the muscles have little, or no, glucose for energy to be able to function efficiently. Once the glucose supply in the blood stream is depleted, the body starts to break down its fat stores for energy instead. This produces ketones, often causing a fever, body weakness and the muscles to function inefficiently, including the uterus.

In cases where the ketosis is prolonged, the condition can develop into 'ketoacidosis'. Ketoacidosis makes the person feel unwell and can damage their body organs. This is something that can occur for people who have uncontrolled diabetes.
    So make sure you eat those carbs in small meals every 15 minutes or GOD HELP YOU!! You could get a fever, body weakness, and even feel unwell!!
    Last edited by Gravyboat; 09-03-2012 at 06:19 PM.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Speaking of pregnancy, I found this awesome, informative article yesterday on pregnancy and ketosis:

So make sure you eat those carbs in small meals every 15 minutes or GOD HELP YOU!! You could get a fever, body weakness, and even feel unwell!!
    I have at least one friend who was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and told to eat low carb by her doctor. When she did this, it caused her body to produce ketone bodies (because she drastically cut back her carb load) (because she had to) (BECAUSE SHE HAD GESTATIONAL DIABETES THAT THEY DIAGNOSED) and this in turn caused the doctors and nurses to "freak out" because they were afraid she would go into ketoacidosis (her words in regards to what they told her they thought).

This is just...frustrating. Catch 22 frustrating. Scare a pregnant lady FOR NO REASON frustrating. Grrrr.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    I have at least one friend who was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and told to eat low carb by her doctor. When she did this, it caused her body to produce ketone bodies (because she drastically cut back her carb load) (because she had to) (BECAUSE SHE HAD GESTATIONAL DIABETES THAT THEY DIAGNOSED) and this in turn caused the doctors and nurses to "freak out" because they were afraid she would go into ketoacidosis (her words in regards to what they told her they thought).

This is just...frustrating. Catch 22 frustrating. Scare a pregnant lady FOR NO REASON frustrating. Grrrr.
    And people wonder why I don't put ANY stock into what doctors say.

I wouldn't accept that level of idiocy in any other professional hired to fix my shit. Plumber, computer tech, mechanic, electrician, etc. If any of these professionals didn't understand the basic cause and effect of their own profession, and instead relied on trial/error and guesswork, and routinely gave you unresearched, "common sense" directions that fucked your shit up even worse, and then either shrugged and ended the appointment or blamed you for somehow fucking your own shit up/not actually doing what they told you, because their directions are unquestionably correct due to being repeated often, so obviously it couldn't be their fault... they wouldn't be getting paid. But that's what doctors do every day.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -