Page 541 of 880 FirstFirst ... 41441491531539540541542543551591641 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,410 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 541

meat egg fruit n veg is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Doing my shop today, by the deli section there's a shelf with a banner "fundraising for the hospitals" and below was chips and Pepsi and nothing else

then I walked past a girl who looked about 4 sitting in a trolley and she was trying to devour a toffee apple.

And at the cash register, the family behind me talking about how "there's confectionery in every aisle, trying to make us buy that stuff huh!?" in which they had brought like 5 apple pies, lots of bread, etc.

But the worst was yesterday, trying to convince someone that sugar has only been in our diets for the three hundred years or so. Then he said, "The ancient Egyptians used honey!"
    I gave up. I'm not going to bother trying to argue.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    In the grocery store today, cruising through the baked goods aisle because The Boyfriend still eats bread. While I'm waiting for him to pick one, I see a loaf that is trying its best to look healthy. On the front, it says how it's better because, with added fiber and protein, it's going to keep you feeling full longer.

Added protein? In a loaf of bread?

I got a sneaking suspicion and checked the ingredients. Yep, added gluten. So I guess technically "added protein", but c'mon...
    Why add the protein when you can just eat it. Just goes to show even the big food companies know what they are peddling is shite!
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

skorpion317 is offline Senior Member
    In the grocery store today, cruising through the baked goods aisle because The Boyfriend still eats bread. While I'm waiting for him to pick one, I see a loaf that is trying its best to look healthy. On the front, it says how it's better because, with added fiber and protein, it's going to keep you feeling full longer.

I got a sneaking suspicion and checked the ingredients. Yep, added gluten. So I guess technically "added protein", but c'mon...
    Because if there's anything people need more of, it's gluten.
    SW (1/4/12): 326 lbs. (48% BF)
    Steak and Eggs SW (5/11/13): 198 lbs.
    CW (6/2/13): 185.4 lbs. (??% BF)
    GW: 185 lbs. (~15% BF)
    0.4 lbs. to go, ??% BF to go

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member

Ughhhh. I just had a miserable headache/nausea/extreme fatigue experience yesterday from drinking 12oz of beer, just because of the gluten. (I thought it would be okay -- it wasn't) The idea of high-gluten bread terrifies me.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

AnarchoGrok is offline Senior Member
    Just a little gross.....

I went to the bathroom in walmart. From the toilet stall I hear the sounds of gastric distress. In a loud sick groaning voice the man says "Oh chalupa" "OHHHHHHH BURRITO!"

Karate Lisa is offline Senior Member
    cow food.jpg

Saw this posted by my former sensei who has been brainwashed/errr...convinced by his wife that vegetarian is the way to be.

My response?
    I couldn't resist (sorry Sensei !)
    Umm...the ox has two stomachs... and....the grass eats what...fertilizer (manure???)
    I think I'll wait til the ox processes the grass for me =)
    "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    "CBS This Morning" had Dr William Davis on today, discussing Wheat Belly and how crappy wheat is for you.

The segment ended, The Boyfriend turned to me and said "He sounds like you".

Yep.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

pfair143 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hulahoop View Post
    A colleague of mine didn't know what a cucumber was....! I still can't get over that one!
    A co-worker of mine thought that whipped cream was in the frozen food department and came in a "whipped topping" container. I told her to buy whipping cream and whip it for real whipped cream. Crickets.

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Part of the reason I hate eating out now is because I know there's nothing good I can exchange my grain/potato side for. Hooray, freezer-burned vegetables that don't taste like actual vegetables, or a fruit cup that will knock me out of ketosis. For a while I started asking for a fried egg on the side, but I can taste the rancid oil they fried it in.. And the eggs themselves taste like crap compared to the farm eggs I'm used to. So basically the only thing I want to eat at restaurants is straight-up meat. And I can eat higher-quality, cheaper, and tastier meat at home. And I can eat it with real grassfed butter, as opposed to butter-flavored industrial oil. And eggs and vegetables that actually taste like eggs and vegetables.
    You need to go somewhere with decent restaurants.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by orielwen View Post
    You need to go somewhere with decent restaurants.
    Oh, good idea! I don't know why I didn't think of that! I'll just pull a fistful of $100 bills out of my ass and go move to a better city and eat at better restaurants. I don't know what I was thinking what with being on fixed income and living within my means. I must be really dumb, choosing to eat at such crappy, affordable places!

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -