Page 540 of 872 FirstFirst ... 40440490530538539540541542550590640 ... LastLast
Results 5,391 to 5,400 of 8714

Thread: Funny CW moments page 540

meat egg fruit n veg is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Girls in my college... tuttut...

One of them I overheard the other day: "If I could just live on diet coke and sushi forever, I'd be the most happiest person in the world!"

Another one in the elevator today to her friend: "Oh I'm eating chocolate wafers, thats more healthy than chocolate."

ERC
    ERC is offline Junior Member
    At work today, with a cake put out from a birthday yesterday: "Dont be afraid to eat the cake. It's better to eat carbs in the morning because you have all day to burn them off." The person who said this was not in good shape.

I skip breakfast and delay lunch every day as part of my IF plan. I just filled my black coffee and walked away.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Is there anything more depressing than someone drinking a can of soda and a can of "healthy" "low fat!!" soup for lunch? You know it's not going to hold them over (this guy is like 6'2" and kind of bulky even if he wasn't overweight), you know he's not really enjoying it.

I want to say something but I know it will not be met with any positive response.

Sorry that was not a funny story. I am just sad for him. And everyone.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    How is a guy who is 6'2" trying to survive on coke and soup not funny?
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

sixpack-rc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    IIRC most of the studies showing correlations between sat fats and inflammation use rat studies, with the Norway rats being most likely to become obese (and suffer related health problems). There's a gargantuan leap from correlational studies with rats to causal certitude in humans, and I also seem to recall detailed breakdown of the fats indicating possible confounds (presence of trans-fats, higher levels of sat fats AND carbohydrates).

What interests me is that diets high in omega-6 are inflammatory and inflammation can lead to insulin resistance. Of course, most omega-6 in the SAD is being delivered alongside a heady overdose of processed food carbohydrate, but it seems to me CW has it bass-ackwards to say sat fats are the devil, tra la la, let's substitute some healthy vegetable oil or canola oil. Barf.
    Denise Minger did a great analysis of the study you are talking about here on MDA. The high fat rats were fed a completely manufactured diet high in hydrogenated coconut oils, sugar, corn starch, casein.

Hard to believe it wasn't a set up from the start.
    ~rc

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Was at the TMobile store the other day, and the guy behind the counter (who is very obese) says:

"Yeah I've been getting back to working out and eating healthy. I've been eating tons of Subway--I can't believe I haven't had any junk food in 5 days! It's so hard!"

If my mom hadn't been there with me I would've said something to him...not in a rude way, he's kind of a friend of ours, but keeping quiet doesn't help anybody. Poor guy, can't imagine how difficult it would be for him to "not eat junk food" if he realized that Subway was junk too!

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    A colleague of mine didn't know what a cucumber was....! I still can't get over that one!

fastersteve is offline Member
    I have some new business associates who give me the stinkeye when they want to go to lunch, and I say "Ok, but no fast food or Subway"

sixpack-rc is offline Senior Member
    Unfortunately she probably got that from this article:
    Cake for Breakfast? Study Says Go for It | Weight Loss | MyHealthNewsDaily.com

I just saw it yesterday. :facepalm:

~rc

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    In the grocery store today, cruising through the baked goods aisle because The Boyfriend still eats bread. While I'm waiting for him to pick one, I see a loaf that is trying its best to look healthy. On the front, it says how it's better because, with added fiber and protein, it's going to keep you feeling full longer.

Added protein? In a loaf of bread?

I got a sneaking suspicion and checked the ingredients. Yep, added gluten. So I guess technically "added protein", but c'mon...
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com