Page 539 of 899 FirstFirst ... 39439489529537538539540541549589639 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,390 of 8990

Thread: Funny CW moments page 539

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    "Ooh, healthy waffles!" - large woman at Whole Foods to other large woman at Whole Foods
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I asked for chicharonnes at my favorite Tex Mex joint here in town. Normally, they bring out both those and chips with the salsa, but the server forgot. Anyways, I asked for it, and the lady at the next table over leaned in and said "You know those'll make you fat, right? I should know," and she patted her (rather ample) belly.
    I just shrugged and said "they keep me thin and happy, so it works for me."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    My husband took me out to dinner the other day. Now they (kids, hubby) usually complain about taking me out because I'm so difficult to feed (all I want is healthy). But my two teens were off doing something on their own and so it was just hubby and I. We went to Outback. So we get the crab appetizer. Okay, usually I can't eat anything, but that was fantastic. I could have eaten the whole thing myself. Crab, avacado, wasabi vinagrette. Anyway, so I ordered steak and sweet potato fries. My steak was pretty good, despite being a grain fed monstrosity (have you heard of the steak glue they are using for large cuts and the candy they are feeding now?)

In comes the "warm from the oven" loaf of sugar/I mean bread that passes for an pre-appetizer. My husband proceeded to eat the entire loaf. And all the fried corn chips that were with the crab. And regular fries. And whipped cream covered ice cream over a brownie. And he complained of not feeling well.

And the next day he said, "I don't understand why I don't have any energy. I feel so gassed all the time."

The only thing that perturbed me was the fact they way over salted my meat (to get me to drink and eat more) and put sugar on my fries(as if sweet potatoes needed sugar). Ugh.

Where is the sous vide beef heart I have in the fridge? Just thinking of the carb explosion, I need to eat something healthy... my home pastured eggs and heart sounds good.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I just couldn't get over the fact peas were the ONLY veg they had! My friend had salad with her meal and it was just a pile of lettuce.
    That was what being a vegetarian was like. You'd get an iceberg lettuce salad. Maybe if you were lucky you'd get some cukes, onion and a tomato.

The best is in the south- home of the meat and veggie plate! Awesome except veggies often include chocolate pudding, banana pudding, mac and cheese, hush puppies, macaroni salad and cottage cheese. If you are lucky you can get green beans or collards. Maybe pickled beets.

I eat at home. But there are some good places- hell, Friday night I went to a place that served me 6 huge chunks of pork!

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meat egg fruit n veg View Post
    "Is porridge part of the diet?"
    "No."
    "But on the back of the packet it says its good for you!"
    *headdesk*

I think the greatest success of our marketting-based consumer culture has been training entire generations to believe everything they say.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    I think the greatest success of our marketting-based consumer culture has been training entire generations to believe everything they say.
    Quoted for goddamn truth. It's terrifying.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sires6 View Post
    My husband took me out to dinner the other day. Now they (kids, hubby) usually complain about taking me out because I'm so difficult to feed (all I want is healthy). But my two teens were off doing something on their own and so it was just hubby and I. We went to Outback. So we get the crab appetizer. Okay, usually I can't eat anything, but that was fantastic. I could have eaten the whole thing myself. Crab, avacado, wasabi vinagrette. Anyway, so I ordered steak and sweet potato fries. My steak was pretty good, despite being a grain fed monstrosity (have you heard of the steak glue they are using for large cuts and the candy they are feeding now?)

In comes the "warm from the oven" loaf of sugar/I mean bread that passes for an pre-appetizer. My husband proceeded to eat the entire loaf. And all the fried corn chips that were with the crab. And regular fries. And whipped cream covered ice cream over a brownie. And he complained of not feeling well.

And the next day he said, "I don't understand why I don't have any energy. I feel so gassed all the time."

The only thing that perturbed me was the fact they way over salted my meat (to get me to drink and eat more) and put sugar on my fries(as if sweet potatoes needed sugar). Ugh.

Where is the sous vide beef heart I have in the fridge? Just thinking of the carb explosion, I need to eat something healthy... my home pastured eggs and heart sounds good.
    *Hint*
    When you go out always order your steak "unseasoned".
    There is enough residual seasoning on the grill from the rest of the steaks being tossed on there that there is plenty of salt on it for me every time... (I follow a low sodium diet).
    And then if you want a bit more... there is salt on the table.

Same with all fries/sides...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

chumbert is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Yep... salvage has been fed for a while now.
    I've previously heard mostly of discarded cereals like frootloops and crap... chewing gum as well...
    They will feed a "feed lot" steer anything they can get it to ingest that will add a pound to it's weight, they don't care it's it makes a good quality of meat/fat on the carcass or not.
    Yes and also pig farmers get salvage from bakeries and bagel shops and bread factories. They fatten up the hogs with BREAD. duh!?

chumbert is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post

At this point I would actually rather just not eat than go to most restaurants. The only notable exception is indian buffet. (Yes, thank you, I WILL eat 2 whole plates of chicken tikka masala, without rice, for $8.99 flat fee!)
    OK, now I am CRAVING Chicken Tikka Masala..... dang that sounds good right now!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by chumbert View Post
    Yes and also pig farmers get salvage from bakeries and bagel shops and bread factories. They fatten up the hogs with BREAD. duh!?
    Also very common... they have to be careful though... if they feed the hogs too high a percentage of their diet of the breads/pastries or don't at least stop the feedings and finish them for a while on grain... the fat comes out really BAD. Like soft and weird. Not firm fat like a pig should have. It can be a nearly useless carcass.
    It's horrible that this stuff has been tested and written about.

I don't mind the guys who salvage and feed off/bruised/bad produce... I mean, better that it has some use.
    But the "cooked" (read: mostly fried) kitchen waste and breads/pastries are too much.
    They argue that salvaged bread and pastries = grain.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.