Page 538 of 839 FirstFirst ... 38438488528536537538539540548588638 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,380 of 8388

Thread: Funny CW moments page 538

  1. #5371
    lexie's Avatar
    lexie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    207
    Shop Now
    Overheard in line at Chipotle:

    Guy #1: I'm not going to get the chips today.
    Guy #2: Yeah?
    Guy #3: Yeah. I realized they make me so sleepy in the afternoon. All that fat and salt - it's killing me.

  2. #5372
    WeldingHank's Avatar
    WeldingHank is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lawrence,Ma
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    Overheard in line at Chipotle:

    Guy #1: I'm not going to get the chips today.
    Guy #2: Yeah?
    Guy #3: Yeah. I realized they make me so sleepy in the afternoon. All that fat and salt - it's killing me.
    I LOL'd

  3. #5373
    PrimalMama's Avatar
    PrimalMama is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    Overheard in line at Chipotle:

    Guy #1: I'm not going to get the chips today.
    Guy #2: Yeah?
    Guy #3: Yeah. I realized they make me so sleepy in the afternoon. All that fat and salt - it's killing me.

    Quote Originally Posted by WeldingHank View Post
    I LOL'd
    I *facepalmed*


    Also, my response to the friend who posted "another great reason to go veg!" along with the candy-feed story was: "this just adds to the reasons I only eat pastured meats (and am willing to pay the premium for them)".... I smugly report that my response got several "likes"

  4. #5374
    SarahW's Avatar
    SarahW is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Yep... salvage has been fed for a while now.
    I've previously heard mostly of discarded cereals like frootloops and crap... chewing gum as well...
    They will feed a "feed lot" steer anything they can get it to ingest that will add a pound to it's weight, they don't care it's it makes a good quality of meat/fat on the carcass or not.
    I think it's funny that one of the comments defends the practice by explaining "sugar just turns into fat."

    ...someone at Nabisco headquarters is desperate to censor that comment, I'm sure.

  5. #5375
    hulahoop's Avatar
    hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    191
    I went out for a meal last night, it was somewhere reasonably priced, nothing flash. There wasn't much on the menu i could have so i chose roast chicken and ordered an extra side of 'seasonal veg'. My veg turned out to be a saucer with perhaps 3 tablespoons of PEAS....and that was it.....apparently that was the only veg they had!!! WTF! ha ha the chicken was very nice though.....

  6. #5376
    Gravyboat's Avatar
    Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,204
    Quote Originally Posted by hulahoop View Post
    an extra side of 'seasonal veg'. My veg turned out to be a saucer with perhaps 3 tablespoons of PEAS....and that was it.....apparently that was the only veg they had!!! WTF!
    "Seasonal veg" just means "whatever canned/frozen vegetable was cheapest when we ordered food this month".

    Part of the reason I hate eating out now is because I know there's nothing good I can exchange my grain/potato side for. Hooray, freezer-burned vegetables that don't taste like actual vegetables, or a fruit cup that will knock me out of ketosis. For a while I started asking for a fried egg on the side, but I can taste the rancid oil they fried it in.. And the eggs themselves taste like crap compared to the farm eggs I'm used to. So basically the only thing I want to eat at restaurants is straight-up meat. And I can eat higher-quality, cheaper, and tastier meat at home. And I can eat it with real grassfed butter, as opposed to butter-flavored industrial oil. And eggs and vegetables that actually taste like eggs and vegetables.

    At this point I would actually rather just not eat than go to most restaurants. The only notable exception is indian buffet. (Yes, thank you, I WILL eat 2 whole plates of chicken tikka masala, without rice, for $8.99 flat fee!)

    _-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

  7. #5377
    Dirlot's Avatar
    Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edmonton Canada
    Posts
    2,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    .

    At this point I would actually rather just not eat than go to most restaurants. The only notable exception is indian buffet. (Yes, thank you, I WILL eat 2 whole plates of chicken tikka masala, without rice, for $8.99 flat fee!)
    ^^ This

    I am the same way. It either has to be VERY high quality food or a good Indian buffet. Some of the cheaper ones are ok but there is VERY good one here in Edmonton that is worth the extra price.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

  8. #5378
    hulahoop's Avatar
    hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    "Seasonal veg" just means "whatever canned/frozen vegetable was cheapest when we ordered food this month".

    Part of the reason I hate eating out now is because I know there's nothing good I can exchange my grain/potato side for. Hooray, freezer-burned vegetables that don't taste like actual vegetables, or a fruit cup that will knock me out of ketosis. For a while I started asking for a fried egg on the side, but I can taste the rancid oil they fried it in.. And the eggs themselves taste like crap compared to the farm eggs I'm used to. So basically the only thing I want to eat at restaurants is straight-up meat. And I can eat higher-quality, cheaper, and tastier meat at home. And I can eat it with real grassfed butter, as opposed to butter-flavored industrial oil. And eggs and vegetables that actually taste like eggs and vegetables.

    At this point I would actually rather just not eat than go to most restaurants. The only notable exception is indian buffet. (Yes, thank you, I WILL eat 2 whole plates of chicken tikka masala, without rice, for $8.99 flat fee!)
    I just couldn't get over the fact peas were the ONLY veg they had! My friend had salad with her meal and it was just a pile of lettuce.

    I think i'd rather enjoy my own cooking and know exactly what i'm eating anyway!

  9. #5379
    Luce's Avatar
    Luce is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    106
    ...but that's butter you're buying! You're heart will fail!

    Things went to pot from then on...
    No limits, only my will and the worlds I build.

  10. #5380
    meat egg fruit n veg's Avatar
    meat egg fruit n veg is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24
    First time poster - Have had this thread bookmarked for a while! I've started to write down the quotes I'm hearing, so here's a collection from my notepad.

    here's a thing that happened last week. It was about 9pm and the store was closing:

    *hands over food to the cashier*

    Cashier: *picks up almond spread and bursts out laughing* Huh!? Whats this!? Jade!

    She then got another cashier to come over, and both were staring at the almond spread like they've never seen it before.

    Cashier: "So where was this stocked? Where the jam is?"

    Me: "No, its in health food section."

    Jade: "I'm pretty sure you are the first to get some then. Like I've totally been here for like two years and I've never seen 'almond spread' I mean like why can't you use peanut butter?"

    I kind of just stared at them. Then the cashier was like "Um yeah well I think peanut butter is more cheaper, but anyway"

    Technically Peanut Butter big tub will cost you like $5, whereas Almond Spread was also $5, but was about half the size. But I've never finished a jar of peanut butter (waaaay to dry for me) anyway unlike Almond Spread which I'm always using for something.

    --


    Another one, was me and my roommate cooking spaghetti bol. I told her three times to not add pasta to mine. She's very forgetful, and its quite funny sometimes.

    Anyway:

    First was when she put the whole packet of spaghetti in the saucepan, and she said "This will be big enough for both of us for two meals" I told her I wasn't going to have spaghetti with mine, and she said "Huh? But you NEED to have spaghetti with spaghetti bolongese or else its not spag bol."

    Then the next one was she finished cooking the spaghetti and was about to put the spaghetti in the sauce and mince which I was stirring and luckily I stopped her and she got confused again like "But this is HOW you have spaghetti, you can't have it any other way"

    Then the third time, five minutes later, she put pasta on my plate and I said again, "No spaghetti for me, I already said!" then she said "But all you've got is zucchini slices with yours and mushrooms."

    ...And then I only finished half my dinner because I'd added waaaaay too much paprika into my vegetables and couldn't eat it all because it was too hot!

    ---

    Said roommate, after I found she doesn't eat unless I'm there cooking with her (therefore starves herself most of the time in effort to lose weight) i've basically made it my mission to start introducing some paleo "diet" to her. if I said "lifestyle" or any other word she wouldn't have done it. But shes keen, now because I told her she can lose weight on it, but I didn't say straight away. These were some of her questions:

    "Is porridge part of the diet?"
    "No."
    "But on the back of the packet it says its good for you!"

    "I can't take out rice. Its in my culture, I can't take rice out."
    "Come on, just for a week!"
    "No."

    (looks at food menu I've given her) "I'm not eating bacon."
    "Why?"
    "Its fatty."
    "But I said this is high fat low carb! You have to eat it so you are more healthy and stop eating only bread every few days."
    "Okay, but I'm not eating eggs though. Eggs can go fuck themselves."

    "But maple syrup is just sugar right? You've got some in your cupboard. So you are cheating your diet."

    ---

    Lady at the milk section in Woolworths: "I'm not giving my kids that skim crap! I don't care how unhealthy full milk is, they aren't getting that water!"

    ---

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •