Page 536 of 880 FirstFirst ... 36436486526534535536537538546586636 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,360 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 536

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yeah I've people say stuff like that to me. The difference is I lost like 15 inches off my waist so the loose skin makes them right.

Anyone got a trick for skin repair?
    Iodine?
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Samphis is offline Member
    I've always heard gelatin is good for skin repair, and have been taking some every day in some tea. It has helped with some of my loose skin from weight loss.

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
    Posted a few minutes ago on a forum I use.

"Been eating quorn this week, far healthier than meat and tastes the same/nicer in some cases."

Now, I've looked at this, and considered a number of replies, but I can't quite put them across in a civil way. So, what would you say to this idiot? Person, obviously I meant person.
    I have never heard of "quorn".. after googling.. all I can say is w...t.....f....? people actually eat that shit?

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Yes. I did.

If you are serious about not eating animals, Quorn isn't bad. However, as far as nutrition goes, it isn't even close to high quality grass-fed beef liver. Or steak. Or pastured eggs.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    I used to eat Quorn. If you love spongey, kind of dry food items, well, there ya go, better than steak or chicken. You can convince yourself anything is good....my fave was Veat. Oh man, I used to eat a lot of fake meat.

LOL, when I restarted eating hamburger, I was like, hmmm I'll need cheese, ketchup, mayo, onions, relish to make this good. Umm... no... beef actually tastes good and juicy without adding half the kitchen to it.

amerikian is offline Junior Member
    C "W" - "What? Grains are bad for you??? Not whole grains right? Those are really good for you....."
    SW (207lbs) 8/1/2012
    CW (188lbs)
    Primal Since 8/1/2102

Bike commute to work 20 miles/day ~ rain, shine, or snow.

Scott FM is offline Junior Member
    I had an interesting exchange with a guardian of conventional wisdom last week.
    I met a coworker from our R&D group who has a doctorate in Food technology and nutrition. She likes to be called “Doctor” and when I met her she was pontificating to a couple other coworkers over a bottle of cheap Cabernet (we were all staying at the same hotel).
    The guys were listening to her like a prophet and she was giving them formulas for metabolism, BMI and all that good stuff..when the subject of overall nutrition came up, I stated that I had been primal since October and had given up grains, sugars and the like.
    Her reaction and actual words: “What a dumb ass! In a year your health will fail along with your kidneys.”
    It became quite a lively exchange and she was irritated when I questioned the validity of BMI and the standard food pyramid.
    She became really irate when I noted a couple of items that hit too close to home:
    Mr. primal dumb ass was 50 (We are essentially the same age but I look about 10 years younger), was net 30 pounds lighter than he had been, felt great, had not one incidence of acid reflux in 9 months, had great mojo, could spar with people 30 years his junior..and was in pretty good shape overall for someone whose health is failing.
    I also reminded her that incidentally, I was not the one with the cane nor was my liver likely to fail over numbing myself with too much cheap red.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott FM View Post
    I had an interesting exchange with a guardian of conventional wisdom last week.
    I met a coworker from our R&D group who has a doctorate in Food technology and nutrition. She likes to be called “Doctor” and when I met her she was pontificating to a couple other coworkers over a bottle of cheap Cabernet (we were all staying at the same hotel).
    The guys were listening to her like a prophet and she was giving them formulas for metabolism, BMI and all that good stuff..when the subject of overall nutrition came up, I stated that I had been primal since October and had given up grains, sugars and the like.
    Her reaction and actual words: “What a dumb ass! In a year your health will fail along with your kidneys.”
    It became quite a lively exchange and she was irritated when I questioned the validity of BMI and the standard food pyramid.
    She became really irate when I noted a couple of items that hit too close to home:
    Mr. primal dumb ass was 50 (We are essentially the same age but I look about 10 years younger), was net 30 pounds lighter than he had been, felt great, had not one incidence of acid reflux in 9 months, had great mojo, could spar with people 30 years his junior..and was in pretty good shape overall for someone whose health is failing.
    I also reminded her that incidentally, I was not the one with the cane nor was my liver likely to fail over numbing myself with too much cheap red.
    Tha Winner and Still Champeen!!!!!!! Mr.Primal Dumbass!!!!!!!

Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

weathergirl is offline Member
    went home to visit my family and of course im met with "omg you are too skinny your face is thin stop dieting dont lose any more yada yada. my sister actuallly stuck up for me she told them they were all just jealous lol. but what really shut them up was when i said "i would listen to all your concerns about my weight if back when i was 40 lbs over weight and SICK just one of yo haf said to see a doctor or watch what i am eating. but you were all silent and watchedmy heath deteriorate and now that i am healthy i am supposed to listen to you???" lol tha shut them up pretty quick. i mean really wgere was all their comments when i was unhealthy???? and i HATE to pull the whole 'they are just jealous' card but what else could it be?

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Weathergirl - that could be possibly the best ever response to CW I've read.

My favourite when told my face is too thin is to tell people theirs is too fat. Conversation killer if I ever seen one.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat