Page 534 of 838 FirstFirst ... 34434484524532533534535536544584634 ... LastLast
Results 5,331 to 5,340 of 8378

Thread: Funny CW moments page 534

Shop Now
    I would just feel sorry for them!! Can you imagine not eating meat instead eating some boring grey fungus for the rest of your life?

I personally don't see the point in quorn... ooooh lets make vegetarian stuff look like meat!!! If you want something that looks like meat.. eat meat SIMPLES!!

Quorn I think is the antichrist to primal! trying to turn something into something it's not meant to be!

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    I've been reading this thread over the past few days, and found it all really funny, though being new to primal eating I thought it would be a while before I had anything to share myself. Well, as it turns out -

Last night at the church potluck after Assumption mass I scan the food table and see a few promising options. The "official cook" had made jambalaya, and though he spooned it over a dish of rice, I just went into the kitchen and helped myself to the crockpot of meat. Went back out to the food table and grabbed some deviled eggs. I wanted some veggies, but the options were green bean casserole, corn bake, or iceberg mix salad. I saw I had a bunch of jambalaya broth swimming around my plate, so I spooned onto the corner of my plate some of the lettuce. I felt very pleased.

But while I was helping myself to the lettuce, a sweet old lady came up to me and commented, "That's how you stay so thin, you eat the salad." I just smiled and said thank you, but on the inside I was going "?!?WHAT?!?" Do you not notice that 7/8 of my plate is jambalaya meat and deviled eggs? Do you think the 6 pieces of iceberg lettuce I'm putting on the side is all I'm going to eat?!

Unfortunately, I only came to primal off 2.5 weeks of the FSND Reboot, so I can't attribute my 20-pounds-in-one-month weightloss to just eating meat and fat. But, I mean, my plate of meat and eggs was right there under her nose, and she attributed my current weight to the paltry salad?

I guess it's true, CW really does put the blinders on people.

Baloo is offline Senior Member
    Got to agree with urbancaveman. I'd ask if they know how it's made, it's disgusting.

ezeflier is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
    I've been reading this thread over the past few days, and found it all really funny, though being new to primal eating I thought it would be a while before I had anything to share myself. Well, as it turns out -

Last night at the church potluck after Assumption mass I scan the food table and see a few promising options. The "official cook" had made jambalaya, and though he spooned it over a dish of rice, I just went into the kitchen and helped myself to the crockpot of meat. Went back out to the food table and grabbed some deviled eggs. I wanted some veggies, but the options were green bean casserole, corn bake, or iceberg mix salad. I saw I had a bunch of jambalaya broth swimming around my plate, so I spooned onto the corner of my plate some of the lettuce. I felt very pleased.

But while I was helping myself to the lettuce, a sweet old lady came up to me and commented, "That's how you stay so thin, you eat the salad." I just smiled and said thank you, but on the inside I was going "?!?WHAT?!?" Do you not notice that 7/8 of my plate is jambalaya meat and deviled eggs? Do you think the 6 pieces of iceberg lettuce I'm putting on the side is all I'm going to eat?!

Unfortunately, I only came to primal off 2.5 weeks of the FSND Reboot, so I can't attribute my 20-pounds-in-one-month weightloss to just eating meat and fat. But, I mean, my plate of meat and eggs was right there under her nose, and she attributed my current weight to the paltry salad?

I guess it's true, CW really does put the blinders on people.
    Maybe that sweet old lady recognized that you hadn't loaded your plate with potato salad, mac-n-cheese, and corn on the cob... She might be on to something. She knew that the meat and eggs + (semi-) green veggies were going to keep you from gorging on desserts. Don't underestimate those sweet old ladies..

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by urbancaveman View Post
    I would just feel sorry for them!! Can you imagine not eating meat instead eating some boring grey fungus for the rest of your life?

I personally don't see the point in quorn... ooooh lets make vegetarian stuff look like meat!!! If you want something that looks like meat.. eat meat SIMPLES!!

Quorn I think is the antichrist to primal! trying to turn something into something it's not meant to be!
    Ya. Sorta defeats the eat real whole foods principle. I had never heard of this stuff until now. Had to look it up. Wish I hadn't. Yuck.

Lyns84 is offline Junior Member
    Eating my bacon & eggs this morning while shouting at jillian michaels on tv. I used to love her!

skorpion317 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
    Posted a few minutes ago on a forum I use.

"Been eating quorn this week, far healthier than meat and tastes the same/nicer in some cases."

Now, I've looked at this, and considered a number of replies, but I can't quite put them across in a civil way. So, what would you say to this idiot? Person, obviously I meant person.
    What's next, Soylent Green?
    SW (1/4/12): 326 lbs. (48% BF)
    Steak and Eggs SW (5/11/13): 198 lbs.
    CW (6/2/13): 185.4 lbs. (??% BF)
    GW: 185 lbs. (~15% BF)
    0.4 lbs. to go, ??% BF to go

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skorpion317 View Post
    No, that's made of meat so it's bad for you. Duh.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skorpion317 View Post
    Wait! That's not Primal?!

Crap, I just ordered a bunch from Amazon. Amazon.com: Soylent Green Crackers: Toys & Games

It was right next to the Unicorn Meat, which I KNOW is Primal. Canned Unicorn Meat : Toys & Games : Amazon.com
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Someone said to me today 'you've lost too much weight '

'pardon?'

'yes, you've lost too much weight, your face is too thin now, doesn't suit you. Are you still dieting? You need to stop and eat something'

WTF? Apart from the fact she is wrong (i'm 5'4 and still weigh 149.5lb, not exactly got my ribs protruding) i started this because SAD was making me ILL. I'm not suddenly going to revert back to SAD to make myself ill again! Why do some people think it's perfectly ok to tell me there is something wrong with my face? That's my actual face you're insulting LOL

She then proceeded to put a biscuit in front of me like i was seriously ill and needed feeding up.....