Page 530 of 839 FirstFirst ... 30430480520528529530531532540580630 ... LastLast
Results 5,291 to 5,300 of 8388

Thread: Funny CW moments page 530

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    While talking to a rather heavy set coworker today about health and fitness:
    Him-I'm working on getting in shape, losing some weight
    Me-Just watch what you eat ( I didn't want to get on a soapbox, so I was being vague on purpose)
    Him-I have been, I've only been eating 1,100 calories a day
    Me-Oh, That's not much
    Him-I had a cheeseburger the other day, it was 800 calories, so I couldn't eat much the rest of the day
    Me-That doesn't sound fun
    Him-I couldn't do your paleo diet, it's too complicated
    Me-I only eliminated grains and sugar, and just make healthy choices
    Him-I'm making healthy choices now too, blah blah blah

Samphis is online now Member
    I'm new to the forum, but I've read through this entire thread over the last few weeks. I have one close to home.

Over the last seven months, I've been making primal lunches and dinners for my wife and I, and she's on her own for breakfast. I've lost 37 pounds, lost my asthma, allergies, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and don't get winded doing a single flight of stairs anymore. My wife has completely reversed her diabetes. She has normal range cholesterol and blood sugar now.

AND SHE STILL THINKS THE DIET IS A HOAX.

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KV8R View Post
    While talking to a rather heavy set coworker today about health and fitness:
    Him-I'm working on getting in shape, losing some weight
    Me-Just watch what you eat ( I didn't want to get on a soapbox, so I was being vague on purpose)
    Him-I have been, I've only been eating 1,100 calories a day
    Me-Oh, That's not much
    Him-I had a cheeseburger the other day, it was 800 calories, so I couldn't eat much the rest of the day
    Me-That doesn't sound fun
    Him-I couldn't do your paleo diet, it's too complicated
    Me-I only eliminated grains and sugar, and just make healthy choices
    Him-I'm making healthy choices now too, blah blah blah
    Everyone is so quick to say how they "can't" do something. I think its more of "won't".

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    I have a job nannying and the mother keeps offering me gluten free versions of stuff, like cake and bread.
    Not. The. Point.

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Samphis View Post
    I'm new to the forum, but I've read through this entire thread over the last few weeks. I have one close to home.

Over the last seven months, I've been making primal lunches and dinners for my wife and I, and she's on her own for breakfast. I've lost 37 pounds, lost my asthma, allergies, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and don't get winded doing a single flight of stairs anymore. My wife has completely reversed her diabetes. She has normal range cholesterol and blood sugar now.

AND SHE STILL THINKS THE DIET IS A HOAX.
    Divorce..
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    Saw this in the Whole30 thread (this was linked in the article there): Rhode Island Hospital Study Finds Link Between Brain Insulin Resistance and Neuronal Stress in Worsening Alzheimer’s Disease

Sent it to my dad, since he has type 2 diabetes and is worried that he might one day develop Alzheimer's.

His response? "Oh, I'm taking a long-acting insulin drug so my diabetes is actually under control."

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

ERC
    ERC is offline Junior Member
    Fat coworkers saying "everything is good for you in moderation"........

I got a little evangelical at that point, and have since decided i need to not discuss nutrition at work anymore.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Ask them if eating dog shit is good for you, in moderation.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Ask them if eating dog shit is good for you, in moderation.
    Actually... my dog does that and it keeps him on the thin side as he always has a case of round worms to get rid of.

So in the interest of weight loss, a small amount of dog shit maybe beneficial.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I can just see the Daily Mail tomorrow... Forget the toast diet, try the shite diet for a simple weight loss solution.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat