Page 53 of 901 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 53

Schneider is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PixieKitten View Post
    Ugh, tell me about it Heather!
    My boyfriend doesn't go on about what I eat because I will eat some bread and pasta when I'm at his house to make it easier on his mum when cooking, but I showed him the forum thinking he's be all for it and now he's terrified I'm going to get fitter than him. He's not very fit in the first place for understandable medical reasons, but a little support would be nice. When I told him I'd FINALLY found a way to shift my belly pudge?
    'But I LIKE it! Girls without a bit of pudge on them don't look human'
    *headdesk*
    The Hell with him, be a proud and mighty goddess ! Let him be rendered blind by the radiance of your beauty ..

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Ugh, tell me about it Heather!
    My boyfriend doesn't go on about what I eat because I will eat some bread and pasta when I'm at his house to make it easier on his mum when cooking, but I showed him the forum thinking he's be all for it and now he's terrified I'm going to get fitter than him. He's not very fit in the first place for understandable medical reasons, but a little support would be nice. When I told him I'd FINALLY found a way to shift my belly pudge?
    'But I LIKE it! Girls without a bit of pudge on them don't look human'
    *headdesk*
    So...you're dating someone who is so insecure about themselves that they don't want you to get any better?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    Baha, thanks Schneider, that made me giggle! xD =D
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherJ View Post
    Me: 'The body gets energy from fat and protein, too!'
    BF: 'No it doesn't.'
    Sometimes I do wish I had a primal mate...
    Or somebody that understands that calories = energy. Heh. Wow.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Had one this weekend. Went to a burger joint here in town (Michael's, for those in the area) and got my usual: burger with garlic, green chiles, grilled onions, and bacon, with a side of salad bar. Made my salad (spring greens, toms, bell pepper, broccoli, egg), dumped the burger (minus the bun) on top of the salad, and doused the entire thing in salsa. My friend stares at me wide eyed. "I didn't think you were allowed to do that."
    "Do what? I said salad bar and burger, I didn't say anything about eating them separately."
    "No, I meant put greasy stuff and hot stuff on a salad."
    "Why wouldn't you? The bacon and burger grease mix with the salsa and create a dressing, and it tastes really good."
    "But it can't be good for you..." As she eats a bun- on burger with french fires and ketchup...
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Wow. That's a comprehension FAIL even by CW standards.
    I read it to some of my students, and the general response was "Whoa...." as they shook their heads that anyone could be that clueless.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    For the past two years, my Christmas gift to my grandparents has been bringing them dinner at least six times a year for a nice evening together. I love being able to bring fresh, organic, homemade, nutrient-dense, traditional meals, knowing that they're eating processed stuff most of the time and in terrible health. Almost every time we talk, they mention how delicious these meals are.

So grandma was in the ICU last week for heart problems. When she was released, I called to bring them some chicken soup, since grandpa had a cold turning into a respiratory infection. She said, "Don't worry about bringing a meal; the doctors said I really have to eat heart healthy now." I told her what it was and she said, well, I could bring it for grandpa, since he had a cold.

??? Chicken soup??? What, even by CW standards, is heart unhealthy about chicken soup made from scratch?

So today I visit, sans food, and I see her package of preseasoned chicken breasts thawing on the counter ... next to a 20 ounce Gatorade.

(Was that heart healthy sugar bomb for her or my diabetic grandfather?)

I could kill every one of those doctors. It's not even a funny story, it makes me so, so sad.
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 03-17-2011 at 12:48 PM. Reason: droido's!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    For the past two years my Christmas gift to my grandparents he been bringing them dinner at least six times a year for a nice evening together. I love being able to.bring fresh, organic, homemade, nutrient-dense traditional meals, knowing that they're eating processed stuff most of the time and in terrible health.
    :
    So grandma was in the icu last week for heart problems. I called to bring them some chicken soup since grandpa had a cold turning into a respiratory infection. She said, don't worry about bringing a meal; the doctors said I really have to eat heart healthy now.

??? Chicken soup???

So today I visit, sans food, and I see her package of preseasoned chicken breasts thawing on the counter ... next to a 20 ounce Gatorade.

(Was that heart healthy sugar bomb for her or my diabetic grandfather? ) I could kill every one of those doctors. It's not even a funny story, it makes me so, so sad.
    How freaking terrible so so sooo sad.
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    So...you're dating someone who is so insecure about themselves that they don't want you to get any better?
    You can not even begin to know how insecure he is x] But hey, I love him! ^_^
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You can not even begin to know how insecure he is x] But hey, I love him! ^_^
    have you tried hitting him?