Page 526 of 880 FirstFirst ... 26426476516524525526527528536576626 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,260 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 526

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    If I see another advert for cereal/oats companies holding cholesterol/weightloss challenges I'm going to burn my TV.
    I've eaten bacon pretty much every day in the past 3 weeks and lost 2.5" off my waist. I know what I'd rather eat for breakfast.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah1990 View Post
    If I see another advert for cereal/oats companies holding cholesterol/weightloss challenges I'm going to burn my TV.
    I've eaten bacon pretty much every day in the past 3 weeks and lost 2.5" off my waist. I know what I'd rather eat for breakfast.
    For real. Bacon every day = 50lbs lost. Oatmeal never did that. Neither did shredded wheat. And bacon tastes a hell of a lot better.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I still buy bread for the rest of my family (although I have noticed their bread consumption has spontaneously gone down since I've switched them to mostly primal!).

Emblazoned on the package this week is:From Grains to Glory. As part of their promotion for the Olympics and their sponsorship of the team. Yay for the athletes, but I really disliked the implication that grains will help you win glory.

Then I thought, perhaps I should I view it as "Rags to Riches', and the grains are the pathetic start?

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    Exactly. Many of us have gone from grains to glory!
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

chumbert is offline Member
    Not funny, just sad... This quote was pulled from an article about McDonald's campaign to start listing foods under 400 calories on their menus.

"A lot of people still think of McDonald's as fast food, and they are doing their part to provide the right items … to create balance and variety," Tristano said. The underlying strategy is to get very health-oriented consumers to recognize McDonald's as a good-for-you restaurant and to go with frequency, he added."

The article is here:
    McDonald's promotes medium fries and Filet-O-Fish as menu items under 400 calories - Chicago Tribune

newberrycrater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chumbert View Post
    Not funny, just sad... This quote was pulled from an article about McDonald's campaign to start listing foods under 400 calories on their menus.

"A lot of people still think of McDonald's as fast food, and they are doing their part to provide the right items … to create balance and variety," Tristano said. The underlying strategy is to get very health-oriented consumers to recognize McDonald's as a good-for-you restaurant and to go with frequency, he added."
    Eating at McDonald's already makes me "go with frequency". Oops, that not what they meant, huh?

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I was listening to the radio yesterday and the announcer was talking about getting protein for cheap/eating healthy after gastric bypass. She recommended skipping things like chicken for "protein rich" grains and beans to save money. Then went on to talk about purchasing protein powder online to save money.

So you basically paid how much money for a surgery that requires you to drink protein shakes. Seriously- skip getting cut up and just eat protein powder.

Or better yet, try paleo or primal.

cmlloyd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I was listening to the radio yesterday and the announcer was talking about getting protein for cheap/eating healthy after gastric bypass. She recommended skipping things like chicken for "protein rich" grains and beans to save money. Then went on to talk about purchasing protein powder online to save money.

So you basically paid how much money for a surgery that requires you to drink protein shakes. Seriously- skip getting cut up and just eat protein powder.

Or better yet, try paleo or primal.
    Facebook-Like-Button-small.jpg

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chumbert View Post

"A lot of people still think of McDonald's as fast food, and they are doing their part to provide the right items to create balance and variety," Tristano said. The underlying strategy is to get very health-oriented consumers to recognize McDonald's as a good-for-you restaurant and to go with frequency, he added."

The article is here:
    McDonald's promotes medium fries and Filet-O-Fish as menu items under 400 calories - Chicago Tribune
    Makes me think of this. Pic won't upload for some reason so check the link.

http://pull.imgfave.netdna-cdn.com/i...1699820260.jpg
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I still buy bread for the rest of my family (although I have noticed their bread consumption has spontaneously gone down since I've switched them to mostly primal!).

Emblazoned on the package this week is:From Grains to Glory. As part of their promotion for the Olympics and their sponsorship of the team. Yay for the athletes, but I really disliked the implication that grains will help you win glory.

Then I thought, perhaps I should I view it as "Rags to Riches', and the grains are the pathetic start?
    This month's Muscle & Fitness had an Olympic Profile of one of the male gymnasts who is primal... so basically, all the really good athletes use McDonalds... but only to pay for their Primal!
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II