Page 524 of 901 FirstFirst ... 24424474514522523524525526534574624 ... LastLast
Results 5,231 to 5,240 of 9007

Thread: Funny CW moments page 524

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    AAArrrrggghhhhh It amazes me how little most people know about food, nutrition and health. I mentioned I was Paleo last night to friends who had not seen me in 5 months, I was 60 lbs lighter than last time and they noticed it. I explained what a paleo lifestyle was about and 1. I am a know it all show off, 2. All those extra calories will make me fat because I am not chasing a gazelle every day, 3. Everyone knows cavemen died at 35 ergo my theories are clearly false.

I eat about 2000 cal a day, I am loosing weight now in dribs and drabs not in great whacking globs but still. One guy said, all that fat goes directly into my bloodstream, solid, undigested and dilutes my blood with sticky congealed fat???? His ex wife was a dietitian so he should know. He also claimed my lack of carbs would lead me to pass out all the time from low blood sugar.

The new Vegan in the group claimed eating food that's been killed is immoral and unhealthy ( she is 400 lbs) as she chowed down on a soy Souvlaki wrap and french fries..... She is also going to have the lap band operation soon as it is the best way to lose weight.

I never learn, I cant keep my mouth shut, I have to try and show them the way over and over no matter that I am talking to a wall.
    Just let the results speak for themselves, thats all you need to do. I have gotten the same reaction from people before. I just keep to myself and when they ask about my weight-loss I tell, if not, it stays my secret.

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    When I'm on my news feed on MFP I have to bite my tongue when I see what people are posting as their "healthy meals", and I have to ignore the paleo-bashing (not directed at me, fortunately, since I rarely talk about what I eat). It makes me sad because there is one person on my list who could benefit from Primal eating SO MUCH but she's convinced it's a fad diet and that the weight lost is just water weight. *sigh*

I feel like I'm seeing the world with new eyes since I started eating Primal. I see people and their food, and inside I'm thinking, "Don't eat/buy that, it's poison!" And then I have to remember that I was one of them before I learned how processed food/grains interacts (badly) with my body.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Baloo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaradel View Post
    When I'm on my news feed on MFP I have to bite my tongue when I see what people are posting as their "healthy meals", and I have to ignore the paleo-bashing (not directed at me, fortunately, since I rarely talk about what I eat). It makes me sad because there is one person on my list who could benefit from Primal eating SO MUCH but she's convinced it's a fad diet and that the weight lost is just water weight. *sigh*

I feel like I'm seeing the world with new eyes since I started eating Primal. I see people and their food, and inside I'm thinking, "Don't eat/buy that, it's poison!" And then I have to remember that I was one of them before I learned how processed food/grains interacts (badly) with my body.
    Congratulations on losing your 37 pounds of water weight.

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    BBC News - Hunter gatherer clue to obesity

It seemed to be going so well until they blamed high fat diets.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Congratulations on losing your 37 pounds of water weight.
    IKR???? I so wanted to jump in the conversation and be like, "Look, this is the way I've been eating for the better part of 7 months. IT DOES WORK. You just have to want to do it." But I know where declarations like that lead, and the MFP crowd is, for the most part, bound and determined to tie their success to hours and hours of exercise and calorie counting. (My NerdFitness peeps being the exception )

Baloo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaradel View Post
    IKR???? I so wanted to jump in the conversation and be like, "Look, this is the way I've been eating for the better part of 7 months. IT DOES WORK. You just have to want to do it." But I know where declarations like that lead, and the MFP crowd is, for the most part, bound and determined to tie their success to hours and hours of exercise and calorie counting. (My NerdFitness peeps being the exception )
    Some people just can't get past CW. Recently joined the NF forum, I use MFP but I can't say I've ever bothered with the forum on there, though I think I'm a member of the primal group.

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    Looking at the selection of non-dairy milks at Trader Joe's today... a woman shopping with her teenage daughter grabs a Vanilla Almond Milk and the daughter says, what about the unsweetened one? To which the woman replies, "you wouldn't think it but the Vanilla one actually has less calories. I looked at the coconut milks before but they have more calories." Then the daughter takes down a bunch of added-sugar-fake-fruit-flavor yogurts. I wanted to set them straight but I felt like they already probably thought I was judging them, but I can't help my look of disgust when I think about eating things like blueberry-flavored yogurt from a sick, hormone injected, corn fed cow...bleccch.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    Looking at the selection of non-dairy milks at Trader Joe's today... a woman shopping with her teenage daughter grabs a Vanilla Almond Milk and the daughter says, what about the unsweetened one? To which the woman replies, "you wouldn't think it but the Vanilla one actually has less calories. I looked at the coconut milks before but they have more calories." Then the daughter takes down a bunch of added-sugar-fake-fruit-flavor yogurts. I wanted to set them straight but I felt like they already probably thought I was judging them, but I can't help my look of disgust when I think about eating things like blueberry-flavored yogurt from a sick, hormone injected, corn fed cow...bleccch.
    why were you in trader joes. nothing primal there
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Some people just can't get past CW. Recently joined the NF forum, I use MFP but I can't say I've ever bothered with the forum on there, though I think I'm a member of the primal group.
    What I was talking about re: MFP were comments on my news feed - the forums are full of the craaaazy so I stay away. The person on my news feed who was making the comments about paleo doesn't know that I'm eating Primal, and is otherwise a nice person, so I just stayed off of MFP until the thread rolled off my news feed. Life's too short, and all that...

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    why were you in trader joes. nothing primal there
    Ahem. There's grassfed beef, sir! And Kerrygold butter! And...chocolate.