Page 522 of 881 FirstFirst ... 22422472512520521522523524532572622 ... LastLast
Results 5,211 to 5,220 of 8801

Thread: Funny CW moments page 522

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    I think it's fucked up that people *diet* in front of their kids. Start messing up their body images and self esteem early.
    And maternal dieting behaviour definitely influences girls' attitudes toward their bodies. Courtney Martin's book "Perfect Girls, Starving Daughters" has some good discussion about this issue (along with many other factors that influence body image and eating disorders in young women--it's not just about the media). I haven't seen stats on it, but it's likely that it would also affect boys as well, although perhaps in different ways because of gender role modelling; however, I would think that they would still learn unhealthy eating behaviours too.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Yeah.. I really need to go to CVS for more melatonin, but I'm scared to go because they have so much junk food there. I'm worried I will buy some crap as a "treat". I shop at farmers markets and butchers usually so I do not normally come into contact with junk food and it's easy to avoid. But when I have to go to a conventional store and it's staring me in the face, it's hard.

And unfortunately that's exactly why they carry that stuff: because it's hard to say no to.
    So I've started reading "It Starts With Food", and the first few chapters talk about exactly that - how junk food is engineered to create cravings and dopamine responses and make you WANT to eat that food. Makes me wonder - how is it that junk food is legal, but marijuana isn't? Maybe the whole "just say no" campaign should be broadened to include junk food.

Quote Originally Posted by sarah1990 View Post
    "Looking to build muscle? Eat some hummus and tomato slices on some pita bread before your workout. Or you can eat some oatmeal."

Head, meet desk.
    ODG. What about "eat some MEAT"? I'll see your headdesk and raise you a facepalm.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

jesssa is offline Member
    "you can eat it, it's fine! there's no grains it's just cake"

...right
    it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live

at just the right time, we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up

jesssa is offline Member
    it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live

at just the right time, we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jesssa View Post
    If anyone actually read those did you notice how the information on some slides was directly in conflict with information on other slides?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Good, I'm glad you called them on it. They need to wake up. They are giving my city a bad name, and it already has a bad name.
    I have a good friend from The Cleve, and as part of our good-natured bashing of each other im always ripping on her for the lake catching fire back in the 70s. Her response is always, "Uhh, it wasnt the lake, it was the RIVER, duh!!"
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    I have a good friend from The Cleve, and as part of our good-natured bashing of each other im always ripping on her for the lake catching fire back in the 70s. Her response is always, "Uhh, it wasnt the lake, it was the RIVER, duh!!"
    I still won't go in that lake, though. That shit's disgusting. At one point you could catch hepatitis from the water.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

aix_sponsa is offline Senior Member
    While volunteering at a Junior Ranger Camp today I overheard an obese mom telling another mom, "Yeah, we go through a gallon of sweet tea a day at my house! A GALLON! Haha!". She sounded like she was bragging?

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jesssa View Post
    Favorite parts:

Bread - Contains carbohydrates, which boost brain chemicals that curb overeating.
    Um... yeah. Because no one ever craves bread or eats more than a slice at a time.

Pasta - A high fluid content keeps you satisfied longer.
    Seriously? We're supposed to eat pasta for its high fluid content???

Scientists aren't exactly sure why, but eating calcium-rich foods is more effective than taking calcium supplements.
    Maybe because our bodies actually want food!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Fat monkeys put on diet - Telegraph

Synopsis: Monkeys were fed bread, monkeys became fat. Monkeys stopped eating bread, monkeys lost weight.

Does no one see the connection here?

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -