Page 521 of 879 FirstFirst ... 21421471511519520521522523531571621 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,210 of 8782

Thread: Funny CW moments page 521

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    According to an article I was reading this morning, the GMO produce can start with an 8, but it's optional and so they don't.

You just won't find them anywhere. I believe "9" still means organic, though.

Jeffrey Smith: PLU Codes Do Not Indicate Genetically Modified Produce
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

tamo42 is offline Senior Member
    The slimcado is just a different variety of avocado that grows in florida. It isn't a gmo or anything.
    http://www.theprimalprepper.com - preparing for life's worst while living for the best

I "Like" the Cleveland Clinic on Facebook because they do a lot of brain injury work, which isn't their only focus, but it's still great.

And then they had to go and post something like this:

"Lower your cholesterol by going meatless!"

Yeah. Because what everyone needs, especially those with brain injuries, is a low fat diet.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I "Like" the Cleveland Clinic on Facebook because they do a lot of brain injury work, which isn't their only focus, but it's still great.

And then they had to go and post something like this:

"Lower your cholesterol by going meatless!"

Yeah. Because what everyone needs, especially those with brain injuries, is a low fat diet.
    Pretty sure that super-low-fat doctor (Esselstyn?) from Forks Over Knives is from the Cleveland Clinic.

Yippee.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Pretty sure that super-low-fat doctor (Esselstyn?) from Forks Over Knives is from the Cleveland Clinic.

Yippee.
    Well that's just flippin' awesome...

Being obnoxious like I am, I commented and linked to the study showing lower cholesterol in women is correlated with higher mortality. Just how I am.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member

Being obnoxious like I am, I commented and linked to the study showing lower cholesterol in women is correlated with higher mortality. Just how I am.
    Good, I'm glad you called them on it. They need to wake up. They are giving my city a bad name, and it already has a bad name.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Clymb is offline Senior Member

I went to check out their page and saw the comments on their "go meatless" link--have to say, I'm quite impressed that quite a few people commented saying how stupid that is. Wasn't expecting that at all!

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    "Looking to build muscle? Eat some hummus and tomato slices on some pita bread before your workout. Or you can eat some oatmeal."

Head, meet desk.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Me tooooo.

Yeah, that's really fucked up. What about that even sounds healthy? Like, even to a CW person. Maybe you can ask if she wants some meal plans/recipes since she's doing what you're doing now? Like, nice and easy, no guilt. Just "Here! Have some easy and tasty recipes that'll make it easier to meet your weight loss goal! Smiley face!" I mean, she would be dumb not to use your expertise.
    I think it's fucked up that people *diet* in front of their kids. Start messing up their body images and self esteem early.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Girlfriends mother gave me a hugely pitied look on Friday night as I turned down yet another offer of a slice of cake. Those eyes just seemed to tell me I was missing out on so much. At the same party though, a teacher was telling me about the lunches some of the kids in his class take to school. Most of it was fair enough, except for one kid who not every day, but often enough rocks up to school with a full Swiss roll for his lunch. Nothing else whatsoever, just a Swiss roll.

I would like to grab hold of those parents, and stone them.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat