Page 520 of 838 FirstFirst ... 20420470510518519520521522530570620 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,200 of 8380

Thread: Funny CW moments page 520

weathergirl is offline Member
    Shop Now
    So my husband just had acl surgery on Tuesday. He is laying there in the hospital bed coming off the anesthesia, and whats the first thing the nurse offers him?? A coke. It just baffled my mind that in a place of healing, upon waking from surgery, "want some high fructose corn syrup in a can??" I know its for nausea and whatever else but what about club soda?? Hubby took a sierra mist because at least they claim to use real sugar lol. Poor guy. Then I go to the pharmacy for his meds, and he wanted some juice because he was thirsty. The only "juice" they had at a PHARMACY was cranberry cocktail and gotorade. A place of healing with nothing nutritious to offer. It's mind boggling really. I ended up taking a trip to the local "natural" store and found a pretty decent vegetable juice for him. But its just so crazy how nutrition and health are so far apart.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by weathergirl View Post
    The only "juice" they had at a PHARMACY was cranberry cocktail and gotorade. A place of healing with nothing nutritious to offer. It's mind boggling really.
    Yeah.. I really need to go to CVS for more melatonin, but I'm scared to go because they have so much junk food there. I'm worried I will buy some crap as a "treat". I shop at farmers markets and butchers usually so I do not normally come into contact with junk food and it's easy to avoid. But when I have to go to a conventional store and it's staring me in the face, it's hard.

And unfortunately that's exactly why they carry that stuff: because it's hard to say no to.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Owly is offline Senior Member
    There was a big push here to stop pharmacies from carrying cigarettes, but they have racks and racks of candy by the till. I'm cool with them not selling smokes, but seriously, the crap food should go too.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    There was a big push here to stop pharmacies from carrying cigarettes, but they have racks and racks of candy by the till. I'm cool with them not selling smokes, but seriously, the crap food should go too.
    The fact that it's usually right at kid eye-level, too. Pisses me off.

Primitiva is offline Member
    I went to Publix and this is what I found,

Lite Slimcado!

35% fewer calories 50% less fat. yup
    Last edited by Primitiva; 07-19-2012 at 10:42 PM.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    *hiss* burn it with fire!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    WTF is THAT?! Y'know, besides a sin against nature meant for the "heart healthy" crowd. It looks like a pear and an avocado had a bastard child.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primitiva View Post
    I went to Publix and this is what I found,

Lite Slimcado!

35% fewer calories 50% less fat. yup
    Maybe it's just a different variety than the more popular Hass. Maybe fuerte? I remember trying one once and it was much less creamy and more firm than a Hass. Probably they are just marketing the fact that the variety is lower in fat. It has a PLU that starts with 4, which means it's not GMO (GMO PLUs have an 8 appended to the front).

Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    It has a PLU that starts with 4, which means it's not GMO (GMO PLUs have an 8 appended to the front).

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Lol! Perfect! Thanks. That's my goal on this forum: To make people feel like they're seeing that star with those words above them.