Page 52 of 901 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152552 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 52

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I HATED creamed corn. Just didn't taste right.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Cassandra is offline Senior Member
    @specops--I bet you probably will think it's way to sweet now. That's what happened to me with some of my fave dishes of my mom. She makes an awesome peanut-butter cream pie (so totally not primal) with eggs from my chickens. Two bites in and it tasted like pure sugar--'yuk' and 'sad' at the same time.
    I learned a valuable lesson with the first steer I sent to slaughter. I should have named him Hamburger and not Snookers.

I tried regular pecan pie quite a while back. Pre- Primal, it was a toss up between that and chocolate pie as my favorites. Both are now too sweet, especially the pecan pie. I was sad, especially now, because that was the last pecan pie that grandmother would ever bake before Alzheimer's claimed her brain.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Overheard at the local restaurant this morning.
    Customer: "I'd like the waffles please"
    Waitress: "They come with whipped cream and powdered sugar, do you want those?"
    C: "Oh, yes!"
    W: "Berry syrup or maple?"
    C: "Maple"
    W: "You have your choice of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries or mixed berries...they are all fresh"
    C: "No thank you, I am watching my sugar intake."

Also of note the customer brought her own container of flavored coffeemate stuff - not a sugar free variety
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

I'm eating leftover banana nut pancakes for lunch. I had a coworker come in and ask what smells so good. I tell her and, upon request, give her the recipe.
    "How much flour does it call for?"
    "It doesn't. It's a grain free recipe."
    "Oh, I can't have it then, my doctor told me there needs to be whole grains at every meal."
    *facepalm*
    My Primal Battle Tome

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergal View Post
    C: "No thank you, I am watching my sugar intake."
    Wow. That's a comprehension FAIL even by CW standards.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    "Oh, I can't have it then, my doctor told me there needs to be whole grains at every meal." *facepalm*
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    So I'm walking in to work yesterday and two girls are coming in from the roach coach outside. And one is holding one of those big 'ol bran muffins and they're talking about it.

"Yeah, I usually just like to eat fruit, but they didn't have it. This is good, though, right?

"Oh yeah."

"I mean it has a lot of carbs, but it's good for you."

"Yeah, and it will fill you up too."

I had a horrible thought the other day (well, not horrible, but probably not nice anyway...) Since we don't have much in the "survival of the fittest" in our human species anymore since we spend so much time trying to protect the stupid from their own actions... maybe food is the new litmus test of whether someone is smart enough or adaptable enough to be able to procreate and thrive. The smart people will pass on their robust genes and lifestyles to their kids who will be able to do lots of things and have great brain chemistry and learn to question and not just accept-- and the rest will be so busy between eating 8 times a day to maintain blood sugar and spending 4 hours on their treadmills that they won't be a bother to the rest of us...

Just a thought...
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Exactly Minxxa -- maybe "survival" of the fittest is less relevant these days, but we'll certainly have differential reproduction of the fittest. It's much harder to conceive when overweight and also, arguably, harder to catch a really primo mate to start with (anyway, enough on that from me, more funny CW moments!)

Today's moment:
    "Hey Jen, there's candy out here if you want any."
    "No thanks, I'm watching what I eat."
    "Yeah but you've lost so much weight, now you can get away with it!"
    "... Interesting logic. But no thank you anyway."
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

HeatherJ is offline Senior Member
    Yet another 'carbs = energy' moment.

BF: 'Will you eat [X] if I make it?'
    Me: 'No. I already told you I'm not eating [x, x, and x].'
    BF: 'But without carbs how will you have any energy?'
    Me: 'The body gets energy from fat and protein, too!'
    BF: 'No it doesn't.'

Sometimes I do wish I had a primal mate...

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ugh, tell me about it Heather!
    My boyfriend doesn't go on about what I eat because I will eat some bread and pasta when I'm at his house to make it easier on his mum when cooking, but I showed him the forum thinking he's be all for it and now he's terrified I'm going to get fitter than him. He's not very fit in the first place for understandable medical reasons, but a little support would be nice. When I told him I'd FINALLY found a way to shift my belly pudge?
    'But I LIKE it! Girls without a bit of pudge on them don't look human'
    *headdesk*
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!